[1.2.2] Space Shuttle System new release 26.01.2017

DECQ

2 hours ago, sam_milne said:

ive tried it but the landing gear don't work

Did you install SSTU and KSPWheels like it is required in the OP? I recommend to install the newest releases of this mods, not the versions comming with the shuttle.
I used this shuttle in 1.3 and it works. The gears too.

Not sure if anyone is using the newest Graphics Assembly Mod which I think includes new texturereplacer and scatterer, but I get really low fps as soon as I choose the shuttle cabin... just letting you know, and if there is anyone who might have a fix, please advise :)

I forgot to mention i'm on ksp 1.3.  I've tried firespitter, it did not work.  Below is part of the texture switch module.  It using the SSTU mod

MODULE
 {
  name = SSTUTextureSwitch
  currentTextureSet = Atlantis
  TEXTURESET
  {
   name = Atlantis
  }
  TEXTURESET
  {
   name = Discovery
  }
  TEXTURESET
  {
   name = Endeavour
  }
  TEXTURESET
  {
   name = Blank
  }
 }
}

Edited by znscott

• 3 weeks later...

Hey is there any realism overhaul set up for this? I am using RO and RSS in 1.2.2 and it says it's not a realism overhaul part. 

I tried launching, it seems like I don't even have close to enough fuel to get into an RSS orbit. 

Any ideas? 

Edited by Rainbowd4sh
Edited because my previous problems were my own stupidity

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@Rigel Kerman: I was playing around with the configs you created for RO, and I found 2 issues regarding CoM and angle keeping:

1. You have all the propellant in the aft tanks, but the real shuttle had tanks in the nose to serve the forward thrusters. By moving half the propellant from the aft tanks to the nose, the CoM now seems to be at the right place (about in the middle of the fuselage).
  2. The RCS thrusters are way too weak. Based on the old "Component Space Shuttle" RO configs, I set the nose thruster power to 3, and the aft ones to 4, and that seems to work much better.

Also, not related to reentry, but I used the old "Component Space Shuttle" configs to correct some other things, like having CO2 scrubbers in the nose, and a proper fuel cell in the engine mount, with hydrolox propellant tanks.

Now the only remaining problem is the wings, which for some reason doesn't seem to be recognized by FAR. Upon reentry, the shuttle just turns to its side, and isn't able to turn back. I've tried different configs for FAR, but no luck :(
If anyone has any idea, I'm all ears, looks like this is the only remaining issue regarding reentry.

• 2 weeks later...