Unmanned Probe Contract Question

Hey guys!

So I have to build an unmanned probe for a contract and I have all the requirements down (solar pannels, batteries, antennas) but first requirement is still not ticked off. I did launch the rocket with a command module and Jebediah inside but got back to Kerbal with an escape pod, so the satelite is up there, unmanned, has a sputnik thing on top so can be controlled, but I did not fulfill the contract. Is it really because I flew Jeb up there? If so then that's dumb -.-"

16 minutes ago, Kangroozeeh said:

Hey guys!

So I have to build an unmanned probe for a contract and I have all the requirements down (solar pannels, batteries, antennas) but first requirement is still not ticked off. I did launch the rocket with a command module and Jebediah inside but got back to Kerbal with an escape pod, so the satelite is up there, unmanned, has a sputnik thing on top so can be controlled, but I did not fulfill the contract. Is it really because I flew Jeb up there? If so then that's dumb -.-"

It's hard to tell from the information given.  Can you post a screenshot, please?  Specifically, showing:

• the satellite
  • the contract window, so that all the contract clauses are visible (and which ones of them are checked green)

2 hours ago, Kangroozeeh said:

Hey guys!

Interesting. That would seem to suggest one of two possibilities:

- the "unmanned" is a launch condition, which cannot change after launch; or

- the mere fact that you have a crew-able pod on the ship disqualifies it from being "unmanned".

If you take the exact same ship and put it on the launch pad without someone in it, does the contract condition check off?

And if it doesn't, does changing the ship type (which I don't think is actually used for contracts at all, but you never know) while still on the launchpad change anything?

19 hours ago, kaptain_kavern said:

Maybe check that the craft type is well set in the rename window?

That never matters-- the game doesn't care what a craft is "called" (e.g. if it's represented by an icon for probe, station, ship, rover, whatever).

19 hours ago, Plusck said:

And if it doesn't, does changing the ship type (which I don't think is actually used for contracts at all, but you never know) while still on the launchpad change anything?

It shouldn't-- the ship type isn't used for anything in-game.

19 hours ago, Plusck said:

- the "unmanned" is a launch condition, which cannot change after launch; or

- the mere fact that you have a crew-able pod on the ship disqualifies it from being "unmanned".

Neither one of these is the case.  I've satisfied "launch a new unmanned satellite" contracts where the ship had a crewed command pod and a probe core. When I got to the right spot, all I had to do to satisfy the contract was to go EVA (thus making the ship "unmanned") and switch back to the ship (since it'll only fulfill the contract for the currently controlled craft).  Ding, contract satisfied, kerbonaut can get back in the pod.

Really need to see a screenshot, showing the craft and the contract window.  Then we'll know specifically what we're dealing with.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.