Science checklist with all biomes and situations

jd284

Science checklist with all biomes and situations

Why another one?

There have been many such lists made before, but I didn't really like any of them. Either they were too detailed (separate checkboxes for every single experiment, when you usually perform many if not all of them at once), or not detailed enough (no provision for all the biome-specific science in every possible vessel situation).

How is this one better?

It provides checkboxes for all combinations of biome and situation, for all biomes of all stock planets and moons, so you won't forget to do your "Flying Low" science over Eve's Peaks. It includes the "splashed down" situation where possible, and also all of KSC's special biomes. All this in merely 4 pages (plus the title page).

It even shows the altitude to achieve each situation of "space high", "space low", "flying high" and "flying low" (where applicable), and which of the stock experiments are biome-specific in each situation.

I also added some coordinates for some hard-to-find combinations of biomes, such as getting "splashed down" on Kerbin's mountains or Eve's peaks.

Downloads

Without further ado, here  are the downloads:

Or some images to look at if you prefer:

Spoiler

KSP%20Science%20Checklist-1.png

KSP%20Science%20Checklist-2.png

KSP%20Science%20Checklist-3.png

KSP%20Science%20Checklist-4.png

KSP%20Science%20Checklist-5.png

Hope it helps! Go max out your science!

Suggestions for improvement welcome!

[edit] Fixed images. Note that since the 1.2 biome changes, the landing locations indicated are not nearly as complete anymore biome-wise.

Edited by jd284

• 9 months later...

Thanks for the effort! Your images are not available. I was wondering how do you tell on these sheets when you have done certain tests. There are at least 9 tests for each biome.. Crew Reprt, EVA, Surface Sample(ground), Sci Pod, Temp, Barom, Grav & Seismic. Dont see how I can verify any one of these per biome, so I can go back when I have the tech to do what I still need.

Nice & compact is good, but seems incomplete. The sheet I use enables me to verify all science done per biome, I am curious how you can tell which science you do in each biome. Many times I do another run which I get one or 2 things done, but I cant seem to be able to find how to do that here.

Sorry for the missing images, I made new links for them.

Most experiments are not biome-specific in most situations, that's why there's the "global" row for them. Only when landed/splashed are all experiments biome-specific. For everything else the situation row at the top indicates which experiments you can do in each biome.

How I keep track of these multiple experiments is basically explained on the first page. Just label your science expeditions with numbers or letters, and put those in the box to know which experiments you've brought already.

• 11 months later...

Hi, I don't know if this is still a live thread, but I didn't find any newer. I just found a new KSC biome that isn't listed in your table: VAB South Complex. Most importantly, though, I did this with my VAB at Level 2.

Is this merely a version discrepancy? I have the latest 1.3.1, and the OP is ~1.5 years old.

On 11/18/2017 at 7:37 AM, hollyfeld said:

Hi, I don't know if this is still a live thread, but I didn't find any newer. I just found a new KSC biome that isn't listed in your table: VAB South Complex. Most importantly, though, I did this with my VAB at Level 2.

Is this merely a version discrepancy? I have the latest 1.3.1, and the OP is ~1.5 years old.

It's possible that this is a new biome or it just wasn't accessible up to now. I think there was a bug like that although I didn't see it mentioned in the change log. Or maybe it's only accessible at level 2 and I've never noticed it before...

Thanks alot for your effort.

On 18/11/2017 at 7:37 AM, hollyfeld said:

Yes, the thread is 1.5 years old and was last active a little less than a year ago, waay before 1.3, so its outdated.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.