Your favorite mod list?

Koshua

I have two main KSP installs that I'm playing with right now.  The first is stock size planets, with the following mods:

Spoiler

Asteroid Day
Better Burn Time
Default Action Groups
FAR
KAS/KIS
KER
KJR
Navball Docking Alignment Indicator
No Offset Limits
Planet Shine
Precise Node
Quick Scroll
Radiator Toggle
RCS Buid Aid
Stock Bug Fix/Stock Plus
Stock Clamshell Fairings
Throttle Controlled Avionics
Kerbal Alarm Clock
Transfer Window Planner

My other game is my "realistic" game.  It's just Realism Overhaul, Real Solar System, and Realistic Progression 0 (and all their dependent mods).

I highly recommend using CKAN to install and manage your mods. It checks for dependencies and updates automatically (making the RO/RSS/RP-0 game much easier to install and start playing). Also, everyone has their list of "mods that should be stock, and I won't play without."  Mine is:

Spoiler

Asteroid Day
Quick Scroll
Stock Bug Fix/Stock Plus
Kerbal Engineer
Stock Clamshell Fairings

If you're running into problems with mods conflicting, I would suggest you uninstall everything, then install them one at a time (and play the game a little in between each one) to see which one is causing the problem. Then look in the forum post for that particular mod and see it there are known conflicting issues, or post in that thread asking for help (be sure to follow the standard How to Get Support layout as closely as you can). 

I learned a lot from MechJeb. But today I'd use KER+Transfer Window Planner+Better Burn Time+Trajectories for enhancing my space-exploration experience.

For visuals, I love EVE+Scatterer+Planetshine (my potato can't really handle more. These three feels lightweight). And Dynamic Texture Loader of course - that was pure performance gain for me.

Kerbal Krash System is -so- -much- -fun-. It bumps the difficulty a tiny bit - but only when I do something really stupid. It also justifies me having KIS - I have it for ages, but I think I never used for anything else than repairing damage caused by KKS. That's the first two that I installed to every KSP instance I have.

Kerbal Construction Time gave much joy for my career game - especially it's simulator-mode: it made me play without saves or reverts, and it makes routine missions thrilling.

Edited by Evanitis

HAHA I can't use any (visual enhancement mods) as a i play ksp on a potato several years too old to be considered as a gaming computer even 10 years ago :P

A part from this and some adjustments i had to do in order to E.T.T. to register every mods, they all work well together.

I have to say i'm pretty enthusiast about new or improved gameplay things as i can't add much more part if i want my game to start in less than 20min. If yours is OK consider adding some more parts mod.

Basically the ones i'd choose : all from @NecroBones :P (MRS, SpaceY Extended and all), maybe B9 part and some space station parts too :P

Edited by kaptain_kavern

4 minutes ago, kaptain_kavern said:

HAHA I can't use any (visual enhancement mods) as a i play ksp on a potato several years too old to be considered as a gaming computer even 10 years ago :P

A part from this and some adjustments i had to do in order to E.T.T. to register every mods, they all work well together.

I have to say i'm pretty enthusiast about new or improved gameplay things as i can't add much more part if i want my game to start in less than 20min. If yours is OK consider adding some more parts mod.

Basically the ones i'd choose : all from @NecroBones :P (MRS, SpaceY Extended and all), maybe B9 part and some space station parts too :P

Il see how I get on. I pretty much installed every mod listed so far. Thanks for the advice! :)

Not tried any visual enhancements yet but keep some fantastic screenshots so it'll happen at some point.

Default setup for me is

• RemoteTech
  • ScanSat
  • KER

In my current game I'm also using

• KAS/KIS (refuelling ships at bases, plus useful to be able to modify ships in use)
  • TAC-LS
  • Tweakscale (only for a larger LF tank as I used Nukes a lot)
  • Infernal Robotics (cranes make assembling bases a lot easier)
  • Hyperedit (useful to be able to test stuff in the correct environment before launch)

Plus I've just started playing with kOS

A must have for basic everything is:
Kerbal Joint Reinforcement,
Throttle controlled Avionics,
KASA,
Munar Industries,
OPT (v1.7/1.8), (The MK2 Engine and intake mostly)
KAX (Includes Firespitter),
Toolbar Extensions,
Quicksearch,
TweakScale
raster Prop Monitor (may mods will require this).

Optional but suggested mods:
Dynamic texture loader (requires more CPU, but helps use ram more efficiently in 32bit. will lower texture quality in hanger)
USI Karbonice, Exploration, Fright transport... basically USI everything.
KSP Interstellar Extended (best mod ever),
MK IV expansion,
MK2/3 parts expansion (The mk3 is in beta, but you can find it on this forum)
MK2 KSPI integration. (a must have if you have the MK2 pack)
Near Future Construction. (not the rest of NFT though, it conflicts with KSPI)
Kerbodyne and Kerbodyne +
kerbal Foundaries
wild Blue Industries
Kerbaloons

My personal favourite mod of all time is the KSPI integration pack. i love the MK2/3 expansion as much as i love KSPI, and this expansion makes them BOTH better,

• 4 weeks later...

I've been thinking about this post for a long time and finally came looking for it.  I'm surprised there aren't more people who've chimed in here.  And also surprised the lists seem so esoteric to me.  But that is a good thing.

I'd start with an honorable mention for the very venerable MechJeb.  We have a no-mods policy in my household and when I finally buckled and installed MechJeb, my son (8) wanted to know why.  He does question authority.

But I'd put Kerbal Alarm Clock as #1.  You cannot be a Mission Director (and wear the vest) without it.  If one could only have one mod, this would be have to be it.

#2 is Haystack.  Not very glamourous, maybe, but fills a very huge crater in the UI, especially when the chips are down and you are on a 45-second schedule to pull through...

#3 would be MechJeb.  In the recent transition from 1.0.4 to 1.0.5, I had to live without it for a few weeks and I did quite very well, thank you.  But, long ago, it taught me how to rendez-vous.  When I couldn't go any further, I installed it and I took notes.  Now it seems pretty mechanical and I turn it off sometimes to do critical pieces (e.g. bypass time-wasting infinitesimal matching of planes or prop-wasting docking maneuvers), but, in the main, it saves me time and allows me to focus on the big picture.

I'm gonna review every other contribution here to mine the gems...  Thanks.

Edited by Hotel26
typo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.