[1.4.X] SM Armory Group. See Note First post Ref BDA 1.2.2.2

SpannerMonkey(smce)

On 02/04/2016 at 1:47 PM, andreasblom said:

Happy to hear you pulled through!

Best of health and luck!

Cheers

Finally after much culling redoing and generally chasing my own tail.  I'm pleased to announce a working version of Boomsticks is finally available

BoomsticksRev3

Works in 1.05 and 1.1 with BDA dev version

Now available on SpaceDock

Not everything made it to release, some things just exceeded was was possible in BDA,  and some things just refused to behave or aim correctly. these have been retired until the issues can be resolved

The  33 remaining  items are all expected to behave , some issues remain unresolved, in particular the effects in some cases  are if being kind  less than optimal, these are being tweaked constantly and eventually I'll get something that looks right both in unity and in game

The tank parts and turrets are on hold due to a new issue with the hulls, but will (KF allowing) arrive shortly

Ns6fNwh.png

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)
add bda link

Hi just pushed an update to Boomsticks, change log below.  Apologies for the part name changes, this was in order to remove known troublesome characters and spaces from part names.

Before installing this update please remove any weapons or turrets currently fitted to vessels and delete the BoomsticksRev3 folder

Version 0.91.10.4 10/4/16 13:33:0 update
fixed ammo issue on KGV turret
applied tweakscale mm cfg thanks to V8Jester
removed troublesome characters from part names

And thanks to all those who have downloaded so far :)

OYlEzYV.png

How did I never download this?

*Freedom intensifies as Bald eagles liberate the world from terrorism.

Edited by Andem
Crap... This post will get removed for politics, won't it... Crap.

Hi all, spending some time working on some requests, one of which was for something like the main guns of the DG1000 Zumwalt, Got to say it was one of the most troublesome animations I've done since getting back into modding. Still early days, there are a couple of tiny issues to deal with, and along with a dual 110mm turret I'll be doing a little Boomsticks update. 

AS mentioned elsewhere I've never liked the base I put on the NED Gustav, so coming soon for that is a baseless version, this does allow for more adaptability, and should you wish to stick it on a rail car or a tank hull you wont have that great ugly base to deal with. There will be a trade off and that is that lateral/yaw movement is reduced down to around 15deg, don't think it'd be acceptable for something with no obvious rotation point to rotate more than this. 

Spoiler

7kFaumj.png

15 hours ago, andreasblom said:

Could you make use of the chaingun explosion, please? (for example the Commanche gun explosion is a little too big)

In the meantime I edited the some of the configs to do so

I'll look into that, and  yes it should use the 30mmExplosion model. I've sorted  that for next update, likely this coming weekend.

Thanks for the feedback

Edit i could only find 2 that should really be altered the aforementioned  XM and the GunshipChaingun, or do you want more explosions generally?

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

• 2 weeks later...
On April 17, 2016 at 11:37 AM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi all, spending some time working on some requests, one of which was for something like the main guns of the DG1000 Zumwalt, Got to say it was one of the most troublesome animations I've done since getting back into modding. Still early days, there are a couple of tiny issues to deal with, and along with a dual 110mm turret I'll be doing a little Boomsticks update. 

AS mentioned elsewhere I've never liked the base I put on the NED Gustav, so coming soon for that is a baseless version, this does allow for more adaptability, and should you wish to stick it on a rail car or a tank hull you wont have that great ugly base to deal with. There will be a trade off and that is that lateral/yaw movement is reduced down to around 15deg, don't think it'd be acceptable for something with no obvious rotation point to rotate more than this. 

Hide contents

7kFaumj.png

Damn that's sexy. When would this be added? 

7 hours ago, winterdred said:

Damn that's sexy. When would this be added? 

Hi , thanks,  all the testing is done, both in 1.05 and 1.1, I've just got a little tidy up of the files to do. After reviewing some testing pics I've decided to make a custom spacer for the DG turrets, as they look so wrong sat on something round, for multiple turret arrangements, so they'll be the same shape as the base, can't decided on angled sides or straight so likely both.

So short answer is probably later today but definitely before the weekend

NekdsJx.png

4 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi , thanks,  all the testing is done, both in 1.05 and 1.1, I've just got a little tidy up of the files to do. After reviewing some testing pics I've decided to make a custom spacer for the DG turrets, as they look so wrong sat on something round, for multiple turret arrangements, so they'll be the same shape as the base, can't decided on angled sides or straight so likely both.

So short answer is probably later today but definitely before the weekend

NekdsJx.png

Damn, that is sexy! what mod is the ship from? I've been trying Large Boat Parts but I can't get jack s**t to work.

Hi nim, everything in that screeny are just some of the many many items i make for my own pleasure but never release.  I don't like releasing mods, and all that goes with it, half as much as i enjoy making them

49 minutes ago, njmksr said:

Damn, that is sexy! what mod is the ship from? I've been trying Large Boat Parts but I can't get jack s**t to work.

Hi Spanner just wanted to say you're a great modder and that this mod in particular is amazing however i'm experiencing some problems with the latest version on 1.1, whenever i install Boomsticks and NED to my KSP everything works fine until i go, for example, to the SPH and start adding parts from your mods. When i have for example the KGV turret the game starts to get slower until the point where it simply freezes even if i manage to remove the part and when i opened windows task manager it showed KSP using almost all of my RAM (8GB) wich never hapenned even when running a heavily modded game. My game is not very modded only has the basics and the only times this happens is when i install Boomsticks and NED so i don't know how the mod is causing such a big memory leak, hopefully you can diagnose the problem so i can keep playing with this wonderful mod. Thanks in advance. (Just as i post this 1.1.1 gets released lel)

Edited by SuperBlitz

On 28/04/2016 at 9:51 PM, SuperBlitz said:

stuff

Hi, I've thoroughly tested it to death and I cannot replicate your issue, perhaps if it continues you could send or post a link for you game log.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi all.

UPDATE

Version 0.92.30.4 30/04/16 update
Added AGS 155 turret
Added AGS type railgun turret
Added dual 105 turret
Added turret mounting plinth for AGS style guns

Update This update adds 3 New turrets and two mounting plinths for the AGS turrets.

Two turrets feature AGS angular style enclosures, and uses animations to fully retract and cover the guns when not in use, giving the turrets a very low radar return.

These turrets are available in 155 and RailGun versions with fire animation and effects,   For the AGS turrets I have created a pair of mounting plinths in the same angular shape.

One full thickness and one half thickness allow for lateral mounting of 3 turrets without the forward turrets preventing the safe firing of the rearward turrets

Also added a more conventional (though with sci fi leanings) styled dual 110mm turret, fairly standard fair except for it's very low profile

2 hours ago, toric5 said:

the grenade launcher is under utilities. pretty sure thats a bug.

Hi, Not really and yes sorta :) , that's how it always used to be, before BDA had it's own editor category,     I'll track down the ones I've missed for the next update, i did notice a few more than you've mentioned though. 

Regardless of the section it appears in ( however untidy it may be)  it will not be causing any known issues, Then again the forums not what it used to be, in regard to feedback, so if i miss a little detail like that,  I don't usually find out from the players

So thanks for the report

Hey! I just wanted to stop by and thank you for the hard work you put into your mod. I just finished my latest cinematic and I couldnt have done it without you. Your efforts really helped my creative vision come together and I am forever grateful. Thanks again and keep up the hard work

On 4/28/2016 at 8:44 AM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

NekdsJx.png

How did you make the bridge on this?

Edit: Actually, where do you get the hulls as well? You're ships look great, and I can't seem to find what you're using.

Edited by cavilier210

On 4/28/2016 at 3:51 PM, SuperBlitz said:

Hi Spanner just wanted to say you're a great modder and that this mod in particular is amazing however i'm experiencing some problems with the latest version on 1.1, whenever i install Boomsticks and NED to my KSP everything works fine until i go, for example, to the SPH and start adding parts from your mods. When i have for example the KGV turret the game starts to get slower until the point where it simply freezes even if i manage to remove the part and when i opened windows task manager it showed KSP using almost all of my RAM (8GB) wich never hapenned even when running a heavily modded game. My game is not very modded only has the basics and the only times this happens is when i install Boomsticks and NED so i don't know how the mod is causing such a big memory leak, hopefully you can diagnose the problem so i can keep playing with this wonderful mod. Thanks in advance. (Just as i post this 1.1.1 gets released lel)

I have this exact same problem. I think it's something to do with looking at the BDArmory tab for too long.

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, andreasblom said:

So I know requests are obnoxious but could you add some more autocannons like the giat, aden, or an internal gsh 23 (not those specifically, just examples)

And are turret ivas possible? 

Requests are fine especially if backed up with links and or images.

Turret Iva's are sort of doable but there's a huge compromise you have to put up with and that is that the IVA does not rotate with the turret,  I squeezed around the issue with the unreleased ,due to lack of tracks, tanks, and NED by putting an IVA in the hull and putting cameras on everything.  With eye transforms in the right place , high up on the tank it's not bad, and with a little tweak to the BDA cameras you can pull a feed to the rpm monitors and for me it works, so I suppose the answer is sort of but not really :P

FF7vaLX.jpg

17 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Requests are fine especially if backed up with links and or images.

Turret Iva's are sort of doable but there's a huge compromise you have to put up with and that is that the IVA does not rotate with the turret,  I squeezed around the issue with the unreleased ,due to lack of tracks, tanks, and NED by putting an IVA in the hull and putting cameras on everything.  With eye transforms in the right place , high up on the tank it's not bad, and with a little tweak to the BDA cameras you can pull a feed to the rpm monitors and for me it works, so I suppose the answer is sort of but not really :P

FF7vaLX.jpg

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ADEN_cannon#ADEN_25

Image below is gsh 23

23mm_cannon.jpg

Giat 30 I think

800px-DEFA_554_p1220875.jpg