[1.4.X] SM Armory Group. See Note First post Ref BDA 1.2.2.2

SpannerMonkey(smce)

Hi well a few little irritations isn't bad I spose,

17 hours ago, Murican_Jeb said:

joint broken

The flak88 seems good now , it was being caused by two box colliders touching/overlapping, though why it should behave that way now, but in dozens of other cases it behaves fine I have no clue,  suffice to say that it's not like that now.  

17 hours ago, Wyleg said:

In case of GOCG75 Chain Gun Turret it seems like game doesn't understand the '75x714Ammo/Cannon Shell' thing. Had both on board of my tank and turret didn't fire. It only started to fire when i deleted 'cannon shell' part from ammo type in cfg.

The GOCG was simply missing a / of all things sorry about that, I think that the fact that i run with unlimited ammo in testing hid the problem Update incoming

0.99.15.02 HOTFIX

GOCG ammo issue

Flak88 Joint break event

4 hours ago, JerrySimon said:

Euryale CIWS-AA combined missile rails and cannon has not matching missile ;( can't find that "E5Eblablabla" missile

HI sorry about that ,  the missile in question was designed to fit that turret and the PEW Tunguska. it will also fire the PEW Ataka anti tank missile. AS i run both mods, so have missiles, 

19 hours ago, V8jester said:

Hey! you still have my name on the Tweakscale patch :) I feel all warm and squishy on the inside now.

Simply wouldn't have been there if you hadn't done it, so credit is due :)

8 minutes ago, Murican_Jeb said:

Flak 88 fix didn't work.

Thats annoying as it works for me, I'll have to have a word with JR as there shouldnt be an event there at all in any except weapon destruction circumstances , and while it is also my problem it is only caused by DFX

EDIT well actually it's likely caused by unity and it's handling of joints, if you are clamping  a 3 ton turret onto a couple kg plate then there's likely to be an issue. But is there anything in the log concerning the problem likely to be DFX related, otherwise I'm stumped, I can try a single box collider on the base but that either covers all the leg span, so Kerbs will be walking on air, or just the core which leaves kerbals walking through geometry,  neither option I like btw

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

The Combat Drone Core with 3 fixed 30mm cannon on it is having some trouble in shooting. After a few shots (like 4 to 5 rounds) the reticle is fixed to the terrain and I can't fire it anymore unless i revert. I'm sure I had enough EC and 30mm ammo. 

BTW the turrets in this MOD R COOOOOOOOL!

4 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

HI sorry about that ,  the missile in question was designed to fit that turret and the PEW Tunguska. it will also fire the PEW Ataka anti tank missile. AS i run both mods, so have missiles,

Do you mean that the 'E5Eblablabla' missle mentiond in the Euryale CIWSAA's description is acutally included the PEW?if so i'll wait for the now download thread then ;d thx!

31 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

if you are clamping  a 3 ton turret onto a couple kg plate then there's likely to be an issue.

I put it on a 510 ton battleship hull and it still broke.

I think you might have to seprate it into two pars: One for the legs and one for the turret itself.

Not sure if this is the same thing being mentioned, but when I put the flak on anything, it's fine till I try and use it. When I select it from the weapon manager, it becomes "debris" and is no longer in the wm menu. I can switch vessel to it as if it is its own vessel, but it is inoperable.

8 minutes ago, XOC2008 said:

Not sure if this is the same thing being mentioned, but when I put the flak on anything, it's fine till I try and use it. When I select it from the weapon manager, it becomes "debris" and is no longer in the wm menu. I can switch vessel to it as if it is its own vessel, but it is inoperable.

If thats the case then for some reason in your game the joint doesnt snap back as it does in Jebs which leaves the turret as you say detached and debris. I'm wondering if KJR is stopping it happening my end, as you know I never run without, I'll try it

Just now, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

If thats the case then for some reason in your game the joint doesnt snap back as it does in Jebs which leaves the turret as you say detached and debris. I'm wondering if KJR is stopping it happening my end, as you know I never run without, I'll try it

Yeah no KJR in the install I am using it in, as it seems to play havoc with pivoting joints.

Hi all sorry for the hassles, just goes to prove no matter how much you chase it around there's always something that slips through. 

The Flak 88 is still wrong and I have tried everything including removing parts of it, creating a version with just a support pillar and no main carriage, but to no avail, it still breaks the joint. I must've made and fixed a good few hundred weapons and turrets now  and I have never seen anything like this in all that time. SO right now I'm stumped. 

Also apologies due for the lack of a suitable missile in SMA for the EuryaleCIWSAA turret, the aforementioned troubles with the 88 prevented me uploading an update containing a suitable missile.  I'll get that sorted ASAP

In the meantime however the mod below does have two missiles that fit.

11 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi all sorry for the hassles, just goes to prove no matter how much you chase it around there's always something that slips through. 

The Flak 88 is still wrong and I have tried everything including removing parts of it, creating a version with just a support pillar and no main carriage, but to no avail, it still breaks the joint. I must've made and fixed a good few hundred weapons and turrets now  and I have never seen anything like this in all that time. SO right now I'm stumped. 

Also apologies due for the lack of a suitable missile in SMA for the EuryaleCIWSAA turret, the aforementioned troubles with the 88 prevented me uploading an update containing a suitable missile.  I'll get that sorted ASAP

In the meantime however the mod below does have two missiles that fit.

Many thanks! I've already installed PEW and i'll be waiting for the coming updat eXD. Maintaining so many mods at the same time is really a tough work and it's fine, you've already done a lot. Thanks again XD

IMPORTANT

The Flak 88 is broken, and for reasons I don't understand it causes very serious errors in game.  Please do not use it or build craft that use it.    IF  you already have craft with it fitted please remove it . having it attached to any vessel is very likely to cause numerous problems and poses a risk of crashing and or save corruption

As I've been unable to fix the problem the next update will remove the Flak88 from the mod until such time as make another or work out why it causes such serious errors

5 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

IMPORTANT

The Flak 88 is broken, and for reasons I don't understand it causes very serious errors in game.  Please do not use it or build craft that use it.    IF  you already have craft with it fitted please remove it . having it attached to any vessel is very likely to cause numerous problems and poses a risk of crashing and or save corruption

As I've been unable to fix the problem the next update will remove the Flak88 from the mod until such time as make another or work out why it causes such serious errors

Ah damn, my Almost-But-Not-Quite-HMS Queen Elizabeth has 2 of them...

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @SpannerMonkey(smce) Just wanted to let you know a couple things I just found.

On the LAV AD Turret / Stinger Missiles

1) The GAU12 sound will simply cut out when you stop firing. Instead of fading out. - May just be a missing definition for the sound in the cfg

2) The turret has Tweakscale enabled. But the stinger missiles do not. So can't really have one without the other. Except I am not sure just how well missile scale.... Haven't tried that one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Trying to load up the CeKay I Missile Cruiser, and have all of the mods installed. But it says "Craft CeKay I Missile Cruiser was not loaded because it had the following parts missing: SM57E6BGM" What? I am using the Feb 4 release of SM Armory, is it because I have Boomsticks installed?