[1.4.X] SM Armory Group. See Note First post Ref BDA 1.2.2.2

SpannerMonkey(smce)

16 minutes ago, DirtyVenomSteam said:

Any chance you're also releasing that sweet AH/MH-6 at some point?

Hi, well there is an air wing, sort of ,   helis drones etc but... it's all very dev toy,  I really have no idea if I'll ever release them,  as they are not lego they have little appeal for many,  but  I enjoy the crap out them as does the dev team, and they do work well with the AFVs and SMM .

Some of, in my opinion the coolest things, have never been seen in public. I think the guys would agree that the Havok is pretty awesome , and possibly one of the first unibody  helis capable of being flown and able to dogfight under the BDAI

9k10g8F.png

1 hour ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi, well there is an air wing, sort of ,   helis drones etc but... it's all very dev toy,  I really have no idea if I'll ever release them,  as they are not lego they have little appeal for many,  but  I enjoy the crap out them as does the dev team, and they do work well with the AFVs and SMM .

Some of, in my opinion the coolest things, have never been seen in public. I think the guys would agree that the Havok is pretty awesome , and possibly one of the first unibody  helis capable of being flown and able to dogfight under the BDAI

9k10g8F.png

Oh the Havok and its gun is probably one of the most fun toys you've given me to test. It's great fun watching a helicopter dogfight with the AI!

23 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

HI, i very much appreciate your enthusiasm, given the amount of behind the scenes effort that's going on right now.  With luck, and some semblance of sanity remaining the team and I will be releasing almost everything sometime very soon. I hope it's soon i really do, can't do anything else till 8 updates are done, so just like buses they'll all turn up around the same time

Random militaristic image

o4kpzlj.png

-Is sheepish- Actually I dont even want the 1.3 version since i wont be updating for a long time, just the 1.2.2 version. 

2 hours ago, JediRangerkendor said:

-Is sheepish- Actually I dont even want the 1.3 version since i wont be updating for a long time, just the 1.2.2 version. 

Hi , yes sheepish :P  followed shortly by disappointment, because for the first time since 1.05 mods using BDA and it's included systems are not backwardly compatible.  They simply will not work in 1.22, while yes you could load it up and it would even load, there's a better than even chance that firing any gun,  will either spam the log with so many errors that the game will slow to a crawl or lock  up completely.

The reason this happens is partly due to my contributions to BDA itself, a few weeks ago I announced a universal ammunition mod for all my weaponry.    

As is the way with these things, there are many ways forward and the best way forward ( given that KSP takes only the first declared values for X and ignores any subsequent changes)  was to have BDA adopt the whole ammunition overhaul package.

Which is what has happened. BDA now provides ALL the ammunition and more importantly for us, Bullet behavior definitions.  

SO AFV's has no ammunition supplied, as is true for all my weapon related mods, they rely totally on BDA, and the changes within the cfg's are extensive and fairly involved so not easily rewound to an earlier state .

The only viable way to rewind any weapon  mod to an earlier cfg would be by writing MM patches to completely replace the weapon module parts of all the gun cfg's with those suitable for 1.22, although what you'd end up with is something that was completely without any kind of support, rather than a valuable addition to your mod collection.

All turrets are balanced to work within the new system and shells behave differently than in pre 1.3 versions and I for one am happy with the results. Well known by other weapon mod makers but not that appreciated by the users,  is that certain parts of the old damage system are horrible, either over or under powered or just plain wrong. and these changes certainly are a change for the better.

I saw the AFV mod, and went to download it... then saw the 404. I then read through all of this, and am now wondering, is there an ETA for a new link? I love your other work with BDA as well, you made some parts I didn't think I needed/wanted, keep up the good work!

On 6/24/2017 at 3:54 AM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi , yes sheepish :P  followed shortly by disappointment, because for the first time since 1.05 mods using BDA and it's included systems are not backwardly compatible.  They simply will not work in 1.22, while yes you could load it up and it would even load, there's a better than even chance that firing any gun,  will either spam the log with so many errors that the game will slow to a crawl or lock  up completely.

The reason this happens is partly due to my contributions to BDA itself, a few weeks ago I announced a universal ammunition mod for all my weaponry.    

As is the way with these things, there are many ways forward and the best way forward ( given that KSP takes only the first declared values for X and ignores any subsequent changes)  was to have BDA adopt the whole ammunition overhaul package.

Which is what has happened. BDA now provides ALL the ammunition and more importantly for us, Bullet behavior definitions.  

SO AFV's has no ammunition supplied, as is true for all my weapon related mods, they rely totally on BDA, and the changes within the cfg's are extensive and fairly involved so not easily rewound to an earlier state .

The only viable way to rewind any weapon  mod to an earlier cfg would be by writing MM patches to completely replace the weapon module parts of all the gun cfg's with those suitable for 1.22, although what you'd end up with is something that was completely without any kind of support, rather than a valuable addition to your mod collection.

All turrets are balanced to work within the new system and shells behave differently than in pre 1.3 versions and I for one am happy with the results. Well known by other weapon mod makers but not that appreciated by the users,  is that certain parts of the old damage system are horrible, either over or under powered or just plain wrong. and these changes certainly are a change for the better.

So I wont have a choice but to update to 1.3? Damn.

SM ARMORY KSP1.3 Update

Many many  small important fixes

Return of 88's in two formats

New missiles and launchers

And of course other stuff

EN US localisation  NOTE REQUIRES SECONDARY DOWNLOAD

SM Industries Dictionary NOW Required for all SM MODS

old info ignore

Thanks to gomker,  XOC2008, V8Jester and the team for keeping me sane and obscene amounts of testing and burning of much midnight oil . Extra special thanks goto gomker for his awesome work on localising over 1000 parts, and coming up with a way to do it that would not drive him insane /

Installation Notes

Do not merge with any pre existing copy of SM Armory,  Due to all the fixes and small changes merging will irreparably damage the cfg's and the only recovery option is to delete and reinstall SM Armory. As noted above you will now need to download the SM_Industries folder in order for the now localised SM Armory to display part names and descriptions correctly

vRYQmgf.png?2

AFV's will follow shortly.

umHmTsf.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SM AFVs for KSP 1.3

EN US localisation  NOTE REQUIRES SECONDARY DOWNLOAD

SM Industries Dictionary NOW Required for all SM MODS

Contents

8x8 comprising
1 complete Hemitt truck less wheels and 15 individual parts to construct your own

AFvalpha3rev16_1
A large single part fantasy tank less tracks, with large IVA, dual barreled tank turrets, cameras, crew hatches, and cargo hold engine space

AFVarmorPanels
5 differently sized and shaped BDA Armor panels. Tweakscale fitted

AFVcraneParts
 This is the bridge laying arm unit and is powered by InfernalRobotics, Consisting of an upper and lower arm

AFVutilityARM
 A Robot Arm style crane ,powered by InfernalRobotics, comprising 5 main parts and two styles of tool holder

AmmoBox
 As yet standard military style ammo box. To become universal ammo using tank content switcher

AnimBridgeSecB
 The bridge for the bridge layer. In two formats, animated and IR. Due to engine limitations the animated bridge can only be picked up and placed from one end not both. The IR version can be picked up either end

ArtilleryTurret
 G6 style 155mm Artillery turret

BDFPS
 Contains two Kerbal FPS rocket launchers, effective against small vehicles, an appropriate helmet, and a Kerb held smoke grenade CM . Needs KIS

BradleyIFV
The fully activated Bradley turret with working TOW launcher and Gun turret , smoke CM and camera system, hull with IVA and four parts of self assemble BDA Armor

Challenger2XTurret
A reworked version of the NED challenger with smoke CM and camera

ChallengerHullX
A reworked version of the NED challenger hull, with IVA and mounted coaxial gun

CoDTankHull and Turret
A game inspired tank with large caliber dual cannon turretEland90 Kit
A small armored car carrying a cannon turret

FV510 warrior
 Small IFV hull and turret, IVA, Smoke,Camera

G6SMA
 Wheeled tractor unit for the G6 style artillery turret

GenericTurret
 Allows for the surface mount of any gun and resembles a turret, to enable rotation use IR parts, this turret does not rotate

HDtractorTrailer Kit
 A large vehicle transporter style truck and trailer kit. With an open and closed cab option, works with other truck parts

HRV1 Kit
 Heavy recovery vehicle complete with IR crane, use with KAS winches and equipment

Humvee Kit
 Humvee with grenade turret

KUB2K12 Kit
 Missile transporter launcher  Hull launcher and missiles    Missile3M9  and HammerheadAT

Leopard2A6 Kit
 Tank hull and turret, all the usuall equipment

M1SM1 Tusk Kit
 Tank Hull turret and removable BDA Armor skirts, all features present

M113
 Armored personel carrier,  with room for 8 Kerbs in the rear on cmd seats

M577SMRevE
 The Aliens APC

MilitaryWheel
 Military style vehicle wheels in single and dual trailer type

MilSpecDieselAPU
 A KerbalFoundries powered APU styled as a turbocharged diesel, and used for providing power for those vehicles not already fitted with an APU system (many are)

MissileErektor kit
 A  vertical animated missile launcher assembly for carrying the large included scud style missile, this  missile is capable of following a ballistic trajectory to hit target at test max of 37KM  

OShCab Kit
 A kit of many varied truck parts to build many different trucks, include 2 cabs with IVA's

RecoveryBullBar
 A truck style bumper with a calw function, great for towing broken vehicles
 RecoveryKlawTest
 A large recovery claw in testing

ShilkaZSU Kit
  Tank hull and  very efficient air defense turret, with built in radar

SmartTruckBed
  A universal truck bed with six layout and cover options using a mesh switch

StrikB
 Small APC in three hull formats

T80turret
 although not a kit there are two hulls available for this turret

T90turret
 Tank turret fits T80 hull and others

TunguskaAAMT
 Evil anti air tank turret, fully activated, fires missiles, 2 included 9M120ATmissile  57E6BGM  and quad cannon

M577 wheel
 wheel for aliens apc

WInchPack2Kas
 The KAS truck winch, a winch that does not look like something you would send into space

WInchPaxkBasic
 Not really a winch but a way to add extra adjustable ballast when lifting with the HRV crane

And so much more, Tracks supplied  by KerbalFoundries,   Robotics require Infernal Robotics , winches require KAS,  Weapons and systems require BDA

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)
SM AFV Update

On 6/9/2017 at 8:46 AM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

A question of practicality and how much can one person do in X amount of time, given that almost everything released will at some time need some kind of support .

Right now I'm looking at, if you include the under management mods also, well in excess of a 1000 parts, I know this because we are trying to get our respective heads around how to localize that lot.

I have no idea how many parts in the static pack linked in my sig below but that's likely over 100 models too.  Add to that the long list of things in development it's simply just too much work. 

I've given in on some things, like the AFV's i shared them with my testers as dev toys,  and been cajoled into making a proper mod out of them, at the beginning of the year it was a few mismatched vehicles with no real home and now it's over 100 parts. But enough is enough, I'm happy with things the way they are (mostly) and I'd need a lot more bodies to even consider adding more , even it is only two dozen trees

jiTfTvL.png

Hi @SpannerMonkey(smce) Speaking of KK odds and ends, I've got this old mod up and working. I may tinker with it but I'm not sure if I can post it due to its license. I had partially built a bridge to connect the city to the airport but never finished it. 

dqbMwu5.png

Just now, JediRangerkendor said:

So no chance of the older 1.2.2 version showing up somewhere for those of us who cant/don't want to update yet? 

Hi i do have one copy remaining BUT it is a beta, not everything is pure gold, somethings are missing, and due to the simple volume of mods I've still to sort I cannot split dev between a version i no longer use and 1.3 or whatever the latest KSP version. 

SO if you're prepared to run a beta copy with no chance of any issue being fixed I can set up a link,. It has to be at your own risk, I've not touched that particular beta since May and was surprised i still had a game build that had it installed.  Due to the size of these mods now,i can't keep old copies hanging around in dropbox etc and they have to be deleted to make room few updated versions

15 hours ago, Eskandare said:

Speaking of KK odds and ends, I've got this old mod up and working. I may tinker with it but I'm not sure if I can post it due to its license. I had partially built a bridge to connect the city to the airport but never finished it

Hi,  ah Kerbin city , I have one of those too, one of my favorite saved statics .   As regards bringing it back, i know there have been abortive attempts, aborted by the fact it's almost impossible to contact everyone involved, and get the very necessary permission to continue the work.  Though as one of the original creators  I reckon you'd stand a better chance than anyone else .   I certainly don't envy any attempt to finish the bridge, that radius change is a killer

6 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi i do have one copy remaining BUT it is a beta, not everything is pure gold, somethings are missing, and due to the simple volume of mods I've still to sort I cannot split dev between a version i no longer use and 1.3 or whatever the latest KSP version. 

SO if you're prepared to run a beta copy with no chance of any issue being fixed I can set up a link,. It has to be at your own risk, I've not touched that particular beta since May and was surprised i still had a game build that had it installed.  Due to the size of these mods now,i can't keep old copies hanging around in dropbox etc and they have to be deleted to make room few updated versions

Of course! Several mods that i use wont be updated for a few more months, so using even a beta will tide me over till then. 

35 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi,  Sorry FaceBake not spoken here :)

It's a vid of the Aliens APC, as a thank you. I'm trying to upload to YT but I'm hoping it doesn't get flagged by the Copyright SS.

EDIT:

Edited by Rivvik

3 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi, Is there any reason that you chose not to install all the required parts of the mod ?  You would have earned a like for the video if you had

I don't understand.

5 minutes ago, Rivvik said:

I don't understand.

3 minutes ago, XOC2008 said:

Your weapons say #autoloc etc etc, which means you did not install the SM_Industries Localization pack.

what he said and further .

In the video you have posted the BDA weapons gui is showing instead of the part name #autoLOC_SMIndustries_5000176    , the only reason for that to be displayed is if you  have not read the instructions regarding the installation of SM_AFV's  and even worse not even downloaded all of the mod, just part of it,  the dictionary is as essential as the textures and cfgs.  Please install my mods according to the instructions, I don't spend time writing them just to fill page space, in fact I'd rather not bother at all.

27 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

what he said and further .

In the video you have posted the BDA weapons gui is showing instead of the part name #autoLOC_SMIndustries_5000176    , the only reason for that to be displayed is if you  have not read the instructions regarding the installation of SM_AFV's  and even worse not even downloaded all of the mod, just part of it,  the dictionary is as essential as the textures and cfgs.  Please install my mods according to the instructions, I don't spend time writing them just to fill page space, in fact I'd rather not bother at all.

I revisited the DL page and rectified the issue, thanks. I'll be sure to avoid stepping on your toes in the future.

Just now, Rivvik said:

I revisited the DL page and rectified the issue, thanks. I'll be sure to avoid stepping on your toes in the future.

It's a simple question of support, and how it looks,  unless it's all installed I can't offer any kind of backup, and i really don't want videos around that show my mods as something part complete or badly finished,  which is exactly what autoloc tags instead of names looks like.

Especially  when we've spent a hell of a long time making sure that they're better than they've ever been.  It would have been a lot easier on me and the team if I'd just ignored localization, but for too long i've been a little flippant in my attitude to mods in general, and a lot has changed.

Apologies for the spiky response, and you received the response that should have been delivered to the first person to report an autoloc bug 5 minutes after I uploaded , because they had not bothered to read the instructions or download all the required parts . What will truly crack me up is if they've actually merged it with an existing copy because it will all go horribly wrong. that too in those self same instructions

Cheers