[1.4.X] SM Armory Group. See Note First post Ref BDA 1.2.2.2

SpannerMonkey(smce)

1 minute ago, XOC2008 said:

Can you post a screenshot? I'm not sure I know what turrets those are. Are you using Kerbal Joint Reinforcement?

@XOC2008the largest turret use on IJN Yamato and USS Missouri. I tried KJR to weld them together, but after the first shoot the turret just got stuck and can't change pitch and yaw.

really strange. If I don't use KJR, turret shake like a India pancake!

1 minute ago, keithcarla said:

@XOC2008the largest turret use on IJN Yamato and USS Missouri. I tried KJR to weld them together, but after the first shoot the turret just got stuck and can't change pitch and yaw.

really strange. If I don't use KJR, turret shake like a India pancake!

Those aren't SM weapons, those are NAS weapons. You need to go here for that:

Just now, keithcarla said:

Thanks. There are too many mods that I can't recognize which one is which.

No problem. There are a lot but there are never too many! Hope you get the problem figured out!

2 minutes ago, DirtyVenomSteam said:

Question, are the Sherman and Tiger hulls/turrets released yet, or are they still indev?

Not long now the release candidate is with the testers now. Also newly added and will be included , IS122, PZ4  KVseries hull.  ,almost enough for a fight :)  still a couple more to come. but this'll be the tank line up for the 1.3 Beta, plus all the old turrets upgraded.

Spoiler

2hRepAE.pngGsgvsRT.pngMKQ70az.pngIuxnADT.png

6 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hide contents

2hRepAE.pngGsgvsRT.pngMKQ70az.pngIuxnADT.png

Can hardly wait to crush ruskie and american tanks with Glorious german vehicles. :cool:

Also, any chance of a tutorial on how to add texture changes in the .cfg files? I made an alternate tex for the Abrams hull and turret, but, it doesn't seem to have anything for the textures in the .cfg file.

Edited by DirtyVenomSteam
Texture question-yness

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2016 at 6:43 AM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Latest Update

replaces 88's in two formats

New missiles and launchers, Ammo and bullet type upgrade and overhaul, hundreds of fixes and improvements

EN US LOCALIZATION  Requires further download for proper function   SM Armory SMAFV's SM Marine and LBP share a common dictionary  Failure to install dictionary will result in part names and titles being displayed as autolc###  it's not a bug and I will laugh at the next person who fails to read the instructions

SM Armory 1.3

SM Industries Required download

The original BDA expansion contains over 100 items to enhance your military might

from 7.7mm WW1 machine guns to modern CIWS systems , WW2 field guns to 152mmAGS turrets there's a weapon for every eventuality

With SMA now containing 100 parts it's time to go for V1 and full release,SM Armory is also to my mind complete and as such very little will be added, however my intention is to make extra packs to add on if the user wishes, rather than forcing and increasingly large download

This version includes the impossibles, things that were thought impossible to create with BDA. These turrets ALL designed for CIWS use feature rapid fire cannons and AA missile rails.  Also as usual are loads of normal turrets some based on fantasy , some on reality, but wherever the inspiration came from I've attempted to make them relevant to the Kerbal world. With notable and deliberate exceptions  everything here is appropriately powered for Kerbal Kombat. I've also spent a good amount of time making sure that they work with SM Marine and The Large Boat Parts  as i find that's the situation in which most of these will be used

Some of the latest additions

fI1FAqb.png

Current Items that made release, constantly subject to testing and response

Hide contents

SM Armory 122 Beta contents

17thC_Cannon
30mmRotaryCannon
88Flak38-17 removed broken
105DerpGun
105DualTurret
105SingleTurret
1902FR75
1904RU76
AGSturretBase high/low
APCDualCannon
APCDualGatling
APCSingle
ArmorPanels 1x2 1x3 1x4
ASCMtd  cluster missile
ASMsmSL2 anti ship missile
AthenaTkd  cluster missile
BellyTurret
BushmasterMK46
BushMasterRadial30
DG10K155 AGS
Dual110Turret
EuryaleCIWSAA   combined missile rails and cannon
ExtRadomeRadarUnit
FlakTurret
GB4inNavalGun
GoalKeeperBDAcMK16X combined missile rails and cannon
GOCG75_revA
GunCarriageWheel
GunshipChainGun
GustavX2
H12RocketTurret
H70pod
HadesRocketTurret
HeavyFieldGun
HMG
HumveeGun
HvyGunCarriageWheel
IBArty16
KaypalmTurret
KG5_14inch
LargeClusterMK2B very large cluster bomb
LargeRadome
LewisMG  twin
LewisMG  single
Lewis Ammo drum
LittleBoy
M2TurretedHMG
M50FixedAero
MAC30RevBCIWS
MagCannon SciFi
Mg914-2Gunpod
MK110-57A
MK21057MMex
Mortar_A
PaK44L55
PredCam
QF525NavalTurret
Quad50
RadarBarScanner
Radial30gatling
RadomeRadarUnit
RailGunturret
RapidFireAA3HD
RGM84Harpoon
RGMLauncher Fixed
RGMLauncherTurret
single30ball
SkudK  ICBM capable
SkudKBcm ICBM capable large cluster missile
SM_MK9Gren
SMSPhalanx
SolidStateAntiMissileTurret
StreamlinedAero
TankChainGun
ThemisCIWSAA  combined missile rails and cannon
TurboLaserTurret SciFi
UBoat105
UniversalAmmoBox
UC18_CDC
V1Rocket
V2Launcher
V2Launcher Turret
V2Rocket   ICBM capable
X10LaserCannon SciFi
X32ABL_SM
XM301P

ok8gqTp.png

Notes

On installation you will notice that the mod contains an extras folder. In this folder you will find the Secubots security robot turrets, A weapon probe for connecting to turrets for standalone use, meant for use with the field guns, the pirate ship cannon and the 88. 

Also included is a filter extensions addition simply unzip and merge with filter extensions  to get advanced sorting of SMM products

Links to original Boomsticks post

Reveal hidden contents

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/94830

And to the thread created by LORDPrometheus, to whom special thanks go to for keeping the mod alive in my prolonged absence

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/122396

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here now

SM AFVs Tanks and trucks

Gives you parts to build Tanks and trucks

YODFSsj.gif

bDwdYnQ.png

pCr3IsW.jpg

AFV Utility arm assembly

NxK8BkY.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SM Old School Turrets and Tanks

A relaunch and update of OST now with Tiger hull and ShermanM4 turret and Hull

dhNCQ00.png

Reveal hidden contents

BoomsticksLegacy

Reveal hidden contents

BoomsticksRev3  0.94.09.7 FINAL UPDATE

Version 0.94.09.7 09/0716 update
Rectify issues with attachment nodes on missiles
rebuild missile launcher with correct nodes
Harpoon missile tuning

Rectify turret tracking mismatch

Small texture changes and minor adjustments

Version 0.93.26.6 26/0616 update
Added  Hades UG 122mm rocket turret
Added Fixed missile launcher for Harpoon type missiles
Added turreted missile launcher for Harpoon style missiles
Added harpoon missile
Added V2 rocket
Added V1 Doodlebug
Added V1/V2 launcher
added V2 launcher base
Added Dual gustav ship turret
Added Combat Drone Core pod
Added ASM anti ship missile (designed to work with the VLS parts from the LBP)
Added small cluster missile
Added X wing laser cannon
Changed fire effects on larger guns

Version 0.92.30.4 30/04/16 update

Added AGS 155 turret
Added AGS type railgun turret
Added dual 105 turret
Added turret mounting plinth for AGS style guns

Version 0.91.10.4 10/4/16 13:33:0 update
fixed ammo issue on KGV turret
applied tweakscale mm cfg thanks to V8Jester
removed troublesome characters from part names

Boomsticks is currently  under License: All Rights Reserved

Old School Turrets and Never Enough Dakka

With the uploading to SpaceDock or NED and OST I have decided to roll all the support and development into one thread, this should enable me to hear of and fix any issues ASAP. Although there will be little further development on these two packs( unless requested) I will continue to improve both function and appearance on all items, and of course I'll keep them working

I have received some interesting other items in the assets i received from the original author PrototypeTheta  and this will also make an appearance shortly

THE NED REDUX RELEASE

Works in 1.22

8DWPNzq.png

Old School Turrets Redux release

Works in 122

Album link

XsALqeO.png

Note concerning issues.

There  is now a git repository for SMA in order to access and provide a hard record of any issues that occur, as the modlist grows the more i find i'm forgetting and it makes sense to do something proper for a change .  You can find the issues reporting pagehttps://github.com/SpannerMonkey/SM_Armory/issues  at the following location 

Thanks as always to @gomker @V8jester @XOC2008 and occasionally @colmo :P for testing bug hunting and sanity preservation

52icpy3.png

Hi all yes the button is new, i don't ever expect anyone to bother, you are certainly not obliged in any way, I was asked by several people this week, if there was a donation button in order to show their appreciation, the wife saw the requests, and after a some discussion i have given in and added a donation facility

About the SM AFV's mod, will you be planning to add the Hull of the Original and Modernized M60A3s?

For the Modernized M60A3 hull, I meant the one used for the Modernized M60A3s like this: 

and the M60-2000, same but with the M1 Abrams's Turret

Hi did you really need to quote the whole first post?  As for additions, I do not intend to add multiple hulls for the same vehicle type, the M60 additions can easily be dealt with using greebles,  I'm working on an M60 version but will not be adding 1950's tanks to AFV's( whatever upgrade they have)  it's more likely to end up in in SM OST and T.  The M60 2000 uses an upgraded M60 turret not an Abrams turret, as can be seen from the profile in the pic above.

37 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi did you really need to quote the whole first post?  As for additions, I do not intend to add multiple hulls for the same vehicle type, the M60 additions can easily be dealt with using greebles,  I'm working on an M60 version but will not be adding 1950's tanks to AFV's( whatever upgrade they have)  it's more likely to end up in in SM OST and T.  The M60 2000 uses an upgraded M60 turret not an Abrams turret, as can be seen from the profile in the pic above.

@SpannerMonkey(smce) To be fair, the M60-2000 is not the one in that picture, and wiki reference says it does use an Abrams turret and gun. But this can be done easily with the BDA turret or the SMA M1 turret.

I echo (and had prior requested) the M60 hull, and knowing you, you will have greebles and armor pieces to make it 'modernized' so I'm not worried.

On 2016-02-27 at 11:43 PM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

EN US LOCALIZATION  Requires further download for proper function   SM Armory SMAFV's SM Marine and LBP share a common dictionary  Failure to install dictionary will result in part names and titles being displayed as autolc###  it's not a bug and I will laugh at the next person who fails to read the instructions

What do you mean by this? sorry i dont really understand how to fix the autolc#### because i dont understand this instructions. Sorry for the inconvenience

Edited by GreenBoy02
Never mind i figured it out by the way love your mods!

On 8/18/2017 at 2:27 PM, GreenBoy02 said:

What do you mean by this? sorry i dont really understand how to fix the autolc#### because i dont understand this instructions. Sorry for the inconvenience

ALL new updates contain EN-US localization, that is there is a complete  English dictionary of all part names and part descriptions.    Completing this was a mammoth task and needed to be done in order to keep pace with things in KSP . 

If you do not install this dictionary every name and every description will consist of something like "#autoLOC_SMIndustries_7000000 //= ProjectPlutoSS".  The fix is simple, install the SM Industries  included folder and dictionary

In future every download will include a copy of this folder, as it has proved too difficult for people to find and/or follow the links, no matter how many times they are posted. 

The current  SM Industries complete dictionary and spoiler list has changed considerably since the last version and a whole new batch of downloads is due. There is just this one extra folder that contains an entry for 80% of the mods I currently run and maintain. It is not a massive download by any means. (27.4kb)

This below is the last version that went out with the releases and without knowing , when or what you installed this would be the best option right now.  may contain spoilers.

SM Industries 

As noted above all future downloads will include the SM_I folder.  Only one copy of this folder is required per KSP installation. The folder contains a text file  Always use the newest version if  you have downloaded more than one. 

The correct installation path for SM_Industries is  KSP/GameData/SM_Industries

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

I just finished making the tank turrets in the Old School Turrets mod compatible with the BDA armor and bullet system.

I'm going to test soon. If it works, would you like me to give you the files?

Btw, I changed all the tank turrets to ballistic, since when a tanks bullet lands somewhere, it doesn't make that big of an explosion.

Edited by Murican_Jeb

7 minutes ago, Murican_Jeb said:

I just finished making the tank turrets in the Old School Turrets mod compatible with the BDA armor and bullet system.

I'm going to test soon. If it works, would you like me to give you the files?

Btw, I changed all the tank turrets to ballistic, since when a tanks bullet lands somewhere, it doesn't make that big of an explosion.

HI  as OST is about to be phased out and replaced by SM OST and T  there's little point ( this is not news i announced it over a month ago) , and as mentioned elsewhere once the latest bullet and armor overhaul is complete all turrets that want to use the new system will require re balancing and tuning so as to perform within accepted parameters.

I've no objection to people tweaking and tuning, but  to save you a lot of wasted time, it may pay to let me know what you're up to, especially if you'd like to contribute in some way,  as you have no absolutely no  idea what I'm actually doing and to what.

Just now, Murican_Jeb said:

do you mean what I do in-game?

Nope I mean if you are working on converting or changing one of my mods, as you have done, it would have saved you hours of messing around unless you just made up all the new numbers, and still will because unless for your own curiosity you want to test what you have done, it's unlikely that your numbers will be the figures I finally settle at. Simply because you are testing and getting results from a defective system. No sense can or should be made from any weapon balance info until the system is working correctly. I've already mentioned this to you in regards something else, you don't seem to grasp what I'm saying though.

How come there is an FPS backpack in the SM AFV mod?

I know that there are rocket launchers you can use for your kerbals, but why does it have the FPS ammo resource. There are no guns in this mod using this resource.

Btw, could you actually make some guns for kerbals? I know kerbal vs vechile combat is crazy, but it has been done before.

6 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

just that now kerbals are projectile or blast proof there is little point further developing the mod

Actually, I found out when you aim for the helmet of the kerbal (If your kerbal has one) then the kerbal will die.

So if we can somehow get the guard mode to aim at the helmet, we could actually bring FPS back.

Even if it doesn't work, it gets us 1 step closer to what we should do.

• 3 weeks later...

Afternoon all, just a little note  to mention that finally the Beta of SM OSTandT will soon be available, i finally had enough stuff everywhere else in order to be able to dedicate some time to finishing the extra wants. 

This is the final line up of full tanks for the beta, there are of course variation of turret for some, and the smaller hulls will suit many other tanks turrets from the original OST selection, so this is just the base sample, as it comes paint still tacky :)

1RQ18NN.png

RuyUBGW.png

( note.  all turrets are separate, all hulls have a standard fitment at least a weapon manager, and a KSP APU that supplies all the vehicles power needs,  All vehicles have a fuel capacity, and a small EC storage, most also have other BDA module additions depending on period and vehicle tech level,  for example the LolTraktor has 1 gun, WM, and APU,  whereas the M60 has max of 3 guns, WM, RWR, WC, EcGen etc,   .  Before anyone asks , No there's not enough EC storage or power from EcGen to power  any of the tanks  without the engine running.   )

• 3 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Zuranamee said:

Moving the request here for a quad .50 mount to put 4 M2s on a 360 degree turret base, with either a small and very short range locking radar, or a camera based targetting system

Are you asking for a quad .50 turret or a turret to manually put 4 .50's on? The only way you'll get the latter with the way KSP/Unity works is to use IR, since each weapon is basically the turret. And the only way to accomplish the former would be a full quad .50 turret.