[1.4.X] SM Armory Group. See Note First post Ref BDA 1.2.2.2

SpannerMonkey(smce)

1 hour ago, XOC2008 said:

Are you asking for a quad .50 turret or a turret to manually put 4 .50's on? The only way you'll get the latter with the way KSP/Unity works is to use IR, since each weapon is basically the turret. And the only way to accomplish the former would be a full quad .50 turret.

A dedicated quad turret. I've tried various ways to make a turret mount work (including attaching modified M2 nodes to the TOW launcher) with no success as it will just rotate and leave the guns behind

3 minutes ago, Zuranamee said:

A dedicated quad turret. I've tried various ways to make a turret mount work (including attaching modified M2 nodes to the TOW launcher) with no success as it will just rotate and leave the guns behind

Pretty sure SM Armory HAS a quad 50 turret that you could always write a small MM patch for and add at least radar functionality to.

On 9/28/2017 at 2:02 PM, XOC2008 said:

Pretty sure SM Armory HAS a quad 50 turret that you could always write a small MM patch for and add at least radar functionality to.

While that is true I was hoping for more of a quad M2 mount without the bulky armor, just a skeletal bit that wouldn't look too big on smaller vehicles

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, this mod is seriously great! I have to ask though, would it be possible to add more track styles? I get kinda tired of using the MT-LB ones after a while. Also, I had an idea for an AA Abrams turret that I want to share with you.

4 minutes ago, Polyus said:

Hey, this mod is seriously great! I have to ask though, would it be possible to add more track styles? I get kinda tired of using the MT-LB ones after a while. Also, I had an idea for an AA Abrams turret that I want to share with you.

Track styles is a bit of an issue, because i have yet to work out the black art for myself once i do we'll be buried, just need time, got none, too many mods, BUT wheel making season is almost here so maybe this year.

I can share with you the texture i use on mine though Actually installing it is a pia , I'll write a patch for it instead, easier :)

Happy to take requests/ideas, on real , or could be real in the hands of the A Team, additions, Not big on fantasy , i have mod for that

Ok, Thanks! My idea was for an Abrams with twin Vulcans and a pair of missile pods mounted on the side for 12 Stingers.

I've been trying to get into mod making myself, but theres more than one game i want to make for and I've got too many ideas.

Just now, Polyus said:

Abrams with twin Vulcans and a pair of missile pods mounted on the side for 12 Stingers.

I've been trying to get into mod making myself, but theres more than one game i want to make for and I've got too many ideas.

As it goes the impossibles, which is my name for those things, as BDAc code doesn't natively want you to do that,  are right up with the tricky end of ksp modding, all modding, the hierarchies are horribly complex and 1 tiny error stops the whole thing dead,(  even a slightly off transform)

I think that's doable, i have a sort of mental picture or how it'd look, ie not much like an Abrams :)  .  Can't  put pods on side of turret , too wide, cant go on top, too tall, don't forget the mechanism, so they have to half and half or like the Tunguska chop the sides off the turret.

Very doable though, and would go nicely in AFV's

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I might be just an idiot but I can't seem to figure out the truck system in SM AFVs... Do I have to tweakscale anything? Nothing is fitting together like I'm thinking it should... could anybody show a picture of one of the trucks built? Or even a .craft file for reference? There's just something off about it and I'd have to add a tweakscale module onto the parts in order to make them fit so any help would be appreciated.

55 minutes ago, Andrewwang66 said:

I can't seem to figure out the truck system in SM AFVs.

HI,   sorry that you're having difficulties with the trucks.  There is no requirement or need for anything to be scaled in order to fit.  All the trucks. well all the vehicles are made as a  complete model , which is then dissected into useful parts, be the functional or purely decorative. Rather than disparate parts made at the same scale.  When we worked out the trucks in particular,  it was decided fairly early on to make theparts as versatile as possible,  giving the greatest number of options , while trying to Keep the part count  reasonable(failing)  ,  so.   although part A will fit truck A it'll also fit truck X tank B and ship Y, in some useful or decorative function.  

I get very little time to play around with a project , so i rely on my testers to give feedback on  in game building ,usage, playability,  etc. In the case of AFV's , that testing was followed by beta releases.   I dont recall any build problems being raised at the time.  .

Below for example is the basic 8x8 hemi, that was linked in the reference builds .

Spoiler

6E32tZY.png

It's only 15 parts, and all the parts can be swapped with other parts. Album link 138 pics https://imgur.com/a/oI1ix

craft file https://www.dropbox.com/s/8e9g8ym9pe8on2k/HEMTT Basic.craft?dl=0

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

1 minute ago, Andrewwang66 said:

Hmmm, guess I should have specified, I meant the connection between the trailer and the Hauler, I just can't seem to get it at the right height, either it's too high or too low. I have no clue what the part I see on the album is:evHeeGS.png

I used an uncontrolled Infernal Robotics docking washer with the fifth wheel attachment, and put a docking port on the hauler trailer, then attached them together in the SPH.

Just now, XOC2008 said:

I used an uncontrolled Infernal Robotics docking washer with the fifth wheel attachment, and put a docking port on the hauler trailer, then attached them together in the SPH.

Ah, thanks, that angle did not help with identifying what it was, well, better start downloading the patch for IR 1.3.1

Keep in mind when you disengage the trailer it's nearly impossible to reconnect them due to positioning and a lack of ability to get the right force applied. It's doable, it just isn't easy. Out of a dozen attempts to get them to reconnect I've had maybe one success and I'm pretty sure it was a fluke. :D

Finally .

SM_Armory for KSP 1.3.1

https://spacedock.info/mod/1195/SM_Armory

Only thing of note is the custom category that will collect all SM Armory parts together and let you see what else you have :)

SM_AFVs 131 Beta 0.9.1.0

No full 131 at this time available from spacedock.

Beta for AFV's rather than full release, lots of little and not so little changes,  simply unable to test all the possible variations in house.

Be aware that changes in KSP have affected the behavior of tracks and any previously built vehicles may exhibit twitchy movements  until suspension is re adjusted

Now includes SM_Industries . both folders must be installed thusly :   KSP/GameData/SM_Armory/     and  KSP/GameData/SM_Industries.    Failure to install correctly will result in missing parts and garbled part strings .

mKDToCK.png

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

On 9/28/2017 at 2:58 PM, Zuranamee said:

Hi welcome (Er, back since you registered in 2014) to the forums, there is a quad .50 turret in the works meant for boats, will be around Soontm

Edited by /not/pol/

6 minutes ago, Catatau_27 said:

what the name of his base mod

Hi, anything thats not Squad you see in the screenshots, is either kerbalKonstructs/Kerbinside/ My Statics,  or a mixture of all 3, the trees are among the many hundreds of unreleased items.    Many of the statics that dont belong to KK KS  you see in my screenshots can be found in a static pack you will find linked from the SM Marine thread( it doesn't have it's own thread) 

And thanks for the thanks,  we get so little feedback of any type.

24 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Oi, qualquer coisa que não seja Squad que você vê nas capturas de tela, seja kerbalKonstructs / Kerbinside / My Statics, ou uma mistura de todos os 3, as árvores estão entre as muitas centenas de itens inéditos. Muitas das estaticas que não pertencem ao KK KS que você vê em minhas capturas de tela podem ser encontradas em um pacote estático que você encontrará vinculado do fio SM Marine (não possui seu próprio segmento) 

E obrigado pelos agradecimentos, recebemos tão pouco feedback de qualquer tipo.

Dude, I'm your fan, your job is amazing, it's really with jobs like yours, that my imagination feels stimulated, the only problem that obviously has nothing to do with you is that not everything in KSP has been thought yet, for example The other day I saw a harvester craft, but there is no resource that can be extracted by it. Or even roads to cross kerbim by land, or even whole inhabitable cities. I really appreciate your work because there are no limits to create and KSP is the LEGO I've played in the past. Thank you so much for seeing beyond and for making other people as I see too.

Edited by Catatau_27
Wrong word

2 hours ago, Toonu said:

Hello

HI. The issue you describe is not unheard of, and all explosive weapons from any mod (unless pointlessly reworked) are likely to be OP in ksp version 1.3 and to some extent in 1.3.1 , this is due to a little issue in BDA, that the team have  been working toward resolving for the last 6 months. Armor for example is pretty much useless apart from being another layer.

The currently available version of OST is  really no different than it was in 1.2,  and while functional it's not very well balanced. This is not really a problem as there is a new OST almost ready for beta release that changes everything and adds a load more vintage parts ( see below) .  

I'm not intending to even try and balance older turrets and weapons at this point as the whole damage  system ( is a bit broken and)  is about to change, and change radically, and anything i do now would have to be redone to match the new damage system

So apologies for the less than stellar performance right across the range , normal service and proper levels of performance will be restored shortly

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sadly for everyone out there, OST and T and other planned releases are either stuck behind other mods awaiting beta release feedback, of which there's been hardly any. Or stuck simply because there's not enough testers/users/volunteers  willing to sit  down and check that everything behaves.  ( as a rough guide SMI released mods contain 4 times the amount of parts that come in stock KSP, and there's likely that many again in waiting)

The 6 chaps on the testing team provide sterling service, and i keep them very busy, but they have lives, jobs, families, even perhaps believe it or not,  other interests, so simply cannot deal with it all

1 hour ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

HI. The issue you describe is not unheard of, and all explosive weapons from any mod (unless pointlessly reworked) are likely to be OP in ksp version 1.3 and to some extent in 1.3.1 , this is due to a little issue in BDA, that the team have  been working toward resolving for the last 6 months. Armor for example is pretty much useless apart from being another layer.

The currently available version of OST is  really no different than it was in 1.2,  and while functional it's not very well balanced. This is not really a problem as there is a new OST almost ready for beta release that changes everything and adds a load more vintage parts ( see below) .  

I'm not intending to even try and balance older turrets and weapons at this point as the whole damage  system ( is a bit broken and)  is about to change, and change radically, and anything i do now would have to be redone to match the new damage system

So apologies for the less than stellar performance right across the range , normal service and proper levels of performance will be restored shortly

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sadly for everyone out there, OST and T and other planned releases are either stuck behind other mods awaiting beta release feedback, of which there's been hardly any. Or stuck simply because there's not enough testers/users/volunteers  willing to sit  down and check that everything behaves.  ( as a rough guide SMI released mods contain 4 times the amount of parts that come in stock KSP, and there's likely that many again in waiting)

The 6 chaps on the testing team provide sterling service, and i keep them very busy, but they have lives, jobs, families, even perhaps believe it or not,  other interests, so simply cannot deal with it all

That are some amazing news there if they will fix how the armor works. Thank you for this information and for your SMI team keeping so good job over that long time (actually I was offering you some of my time to help your team in one of PMs :D ). I know its very hard to be good at all the things including real life and friends and I didn't want to be impolite to you.

Toonu

Hi, I found a (I think easy to fix but I have little knowledge on this) problem. When I was testing the flak 88 I found that the AI wasn't using the gun. When I checked by controlling the vessel it didn't fire. After that, I tried putting on unlimited ammo after which it did work. This makes me think that you might have made a small error while putting in the ammo type of the gun(s). Could this be fixed if, not now in the next update?

Edited by BlueDragon1504
Saw you already took notice in the OP.

I like your mod, but what I found is that the models are not good sized to the standart BD.

The Aster Missiles are so small that they have incredible power in their size compared to the BD PAC3. In reality they are almost the same size.

Same goes for the BGM109 and RGM84, almoste the same size in reality but ingame huge diffrences

42 minutes ago, LTRyan said:

I like your mod, but what I found is that the models are not good sized to the standart BD.

The Aster Missiles are so small that they have incredible power in their size compared to the BD PAC3. In reality they are almost the same size.

Same goes for the BGM109 and RGM84, almoste the same size in reality but ingame huge diffrences

BDA built mostly to scale. Spanner builds mostly to Kerbal scale.