[1.4.X] SM Armory Group. See Note First post Ref BDA 1.2.2.2

SpannerMonkey(smce)

11 minutes ago, andreasblom said:

stuff

All of those look fairly straightforward, what kind of package would you like them in, pod mount, under wing, turreted?  The gsh looks very smart in particular, not got anything like that in the range so that's the most likely as a first.

33 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

All of those look fairly straightforward, what kind of package would you like them in, pod mount, under wing, turreted?  The gsh looks very smart in particular, not got anything like that in the range so that's the most likely as a first.

Probably something like pic related

GSh-23_on_MiG-23.jpglike the hidden Vulcan, but you are free to make the one you prefer 

• 5 weeks later...

Boomsticks Highly Dubious update

A new Boomsticks is now available. With some venturing into weapon types not touched before.  The highlights of this update are I feel the V weapons and launchers ( very happy with how they turned out) and the devastating 122mm rocket turret with custom rockets of course.  Also included is a fully armed and equipped drone core, fitted with 3x30mm cannons and a full electronics and surveillance package, it has proved invaluable when testing other weapons systems. For the Sci Fi fans among you I've added the X 10 laser cannon that can be found attached to X wing fighters.

Also reworked some of the larger gun effects and have finally achieved the muzzle flash I've been after since the start, I'm finally getting a feel for what the effects will look like in KSP compared to how the look when made in unity

There may be issues with the clearance check on the V launchers, it seems to come and go so I've not been able to pin down exactly whats causing the issue, perhaps with this release and a few bits of feedback I can get it finally dialed in correctly.  See below for full changelog

The project is not going to be a wip much longer, I think it's about as big as it needs to be. I still have a couple of requests to finish but I think next update will be a release edition and move up to the releases thread, not that I'm stopping work completely on this, it will be maintained and updated as KSP and BD Armory require but i doubt that I'll add anything new. I'd rather call this done, at just over 40 items i think it's big enough and is becoming a handful to manage.

Version 0.93.26.6 26/0616 update
Added  Hades UG 122mm rocket turret
Added Fixed missile launcher for Harpoon type missiles
Added turreted missile launcher for Harpoon style missiles
Added hapoon missile
Added V2 rocket
Added V1 Doodlebug
Added V1/V2 launcher
added V2 launcher base
Added Dual gustav ship turret
Added Combat Drone Core pod
Added ASM anti ship missile (designed to work with the VLS parts fromthe LBP)
Added small cluster missile
Added Xwing laser cannon
Changed fire effects on larger guns

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

@SpannerMonkey(smce)

Per our conversation in the LBP thread found a few issues with some of the new parts

• ASM and Harpoon not repsonding to "Fire Missle" command from Action Group
  • Harpoon accelerates insanely fast, somewhat tracks toward GPS target then explodes as it is going 400+m/s , I assume due to overheating
  • Turret Missile Launcher - attachment nodes seem to be 180 deg. offset. When attaching Harpoon I would always have to rotate
  • Turret Missile Launcher - slaving turret to FLIR is 180 deg offset

Let me know if you would like screenshots for anything.

Thanks as always - enjoying the new parts 

kL6GzUp

1 minute ago, gomker said:

@SpannerMonkey(smce)

Per our conversation in the LBP thread found a few issues with some of the new parts

• ASM and Harpoon not repsonding to "Fire Missle" command from Action Group
  • Harpoon accelerates insanely fast, somewhat tracks toward GPS target then explodes as it is going 400+m/s , I assume due to overheating
  • Turret Missile Launcher - attachment nodes seem to be 180 deg. offset. When attaching Harpoon I would always have to rotate
  • Turret Missile Launcher - slaving turret to FLIR is 180 deg offset

Let me know if you would like screenshots for anything.

Thanks as always - enjoying the new parts 

kL6GzUp

Thanks, I'll check all those issues and remedy as required, good spot on the slaving issue I've never checked, just taken it for granted.

Update

Version 0.94.09.7 09/0716 update
Rectify issues with attachment nodes on missiles
rebuild missile launcher with correct nodes
Harpoon missile tuning

Minor texture changes

Sadly no fix yet for the action group firing of missiles, digging around in BDA source for a clue.

RE, slaving of missile turrets to IR/Cam, I have completely rebuilt the missile turret and it now correctly slaves to target, A note however, there will be issues if the missile turret is mounted close to sea or ground level. The issue being that the missiles are likely to crash into the sea before they can get up to speed, there is a pre determined flight path the missile follows, to get a guaranteed launch from a low mounted turret I would have to ignite the engine sooner and this (in my tests,)has led to heat damage to launcher. There  are no such issues when manually fired however, as the natural upward pitch of the turret is such that no problem occurs, the missiles are GPS guided and  will track to target even if the turret is pointed  another direction

Ripple firing of the RGM launchers, there is a little glitch, In ripple fire mode, If you have multiple turrets, especially a combination of the fixed and turreted variety the switch from one turret that has fire all it's missiles to the next ready turret can, in some circumstances beat the deploy animation and at worst ignite the missile booster before the door has opened

(does that make sense? cant tell, feelin ughh)

RrFvJz3.png

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the update , your unofficial bug tester is back :)

I just noticed an odd issue with the GD_XM301 Gatling Gun - I't says it s .50 Cal however only a few shots will destroy the Tower, VAB and Hangar. Seems a bit over powered, is that by design ?

2 hours ago, gomker said:

Thanks for the update , your unofficial bug tester is back :)

I just noticed an odd issue with the GD_XM301 Gatling Gun - I't says it s .50 Cal however only a few shots will destroy the Tower, VAB and Hangar. Seems a bit over powered, is that by design ?

Hi. it was a request item and built to a specific spec, so it may be a tad overpowered.  just rechecked the numbers and yes it is overpowered I'll be turning that down a bit in next update.  I remember a time on this forum when it wouldn't take nearly 3 weeks to get feedback like that (more like 3 hrs) , thanks

@SpannerMonkey(smce) 

Started my boat building again and was looking for any weapons bugs

The SolidState Anti-missle turret is showing up in the "Modules" section 2 times. One option brings up a "FLIR" window , which hijacks the current FLIR if enabled, the other brings up a Radar window. 

Screen shot here 4E2RwoI.png

33 minutes ago, gomker said:

@SpannerMonkey(smce) 

Started my boat building again and was looking for any weapons bugs

The SolidState Anti-missle turret is showing up in the "Modules" section 2 times. One option brings up a "FLIR" window , which hijacks the current FLIR if enabled, the other brings up a Radar window. 

Hi, that's the way it was put together, I wanted to be able to use both, as if and when the ecm works correctly radar will fail while the flir can still lock on, annoyingly the window issue that is a limitation of BDA you cant have Flir and Radar displayed at the same time for one turret.  If you want to alter it just remove the

MODULE
{
	name = ModuleTargetingCamera
	cameraTransformName = camTransform
	eyeHolderTransformName = eyeHolderTransform
	zoomFOVs = 40,15,3,1
	gimbalLimit = 45
}

part from the cfg

@SpannerMonkey(smce) 

Sounds good, I can see how that would work in real world. I suggest this may be an enhancement request for BDArmory in that you could put a descriptive name of the module function. i.e. in the module window it would says "SS Anti-Missile" Radar / Targeting

Just now, gomker said:

@SpannerMonkey(smce) 

Sounds good, I can see how that would work in real world. I suggest this may be an enhancement request for BDArmory in that you could put a descriptive name of the module function. i.e. in the module window it would says "SS Anti-Missile" Radar / Targeting

Damn fine idea, needs to be done as i combine modules frequently

57 minutes ago, Jackeled said:

@SpannerMonkey(smce) Hey Spanner, I just need to clarify with you some stuff. Is the harpoon missile capable of radar and GPS guidance. as its only capable of GPS in game.... 

Hi, yes there is a descriptive blunder there, it has been both at one time but at present it's just GPS, as this is the mode i found most useful. I will update shortly .

I'm pondering a way to make guidance switchable ( i foresee an increase in fun factor if i can make this happen)

On 27/02/2016 at 10:43 PM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

All of the weapons are scaled to be correct ish for Kerbals, and I've mostly binned the real sizes as I feel it's a bit silly, considering our little green buddies are only 800m tall.

Kerbzilla.

This is pure insanity! My BD armory part list is so large that Its hard to find what I need! I guess thats when the old style of windows that you would click through would work better. Also the search function doesn't seem to work with modded parts :P

On 4/30/2016 at 9:52 PM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hi, I've thoroughly tested it to death and I cannot replicate your issue, perhaps if it continues you could send or post a link for you game log.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi all.

UPDATE

Version 0.92.30.4 30/04/16 update
Added AGS 155 turret
Added AGS type railgun turret
Added dual 105 turret
Added turret mounting plinth for AGS style guns

Update This update adds 3 New turrets and two mounting plinths for the AGS turrets.

Two turrets feature AGS angular style enclosures, and uses animations to fully retract and cover the guns when not in use, giving the turrets a very low radar return.

These turrets are available in 155 and RailGun versions with fire animation and effects,   For the AGS turrets I have created a pair of mounting plinths in the same angular shape.

One full thickness and one half thickness allow for lateral mounting of 3 turrets without the forward turrets preventing the safe firing of the rearward turrets

Also added a more conventional (though with sci fi leanings) styled dual 110mm turret, fairly standard fair except for it's very low profile

Can you add 2 Fictional 88MM Guns, 1 with the M60A3 Patton's Turret and 1 with the Abrams's Turret, please.

I will wait if you can't make it now...

3 hours ago, Vonnmillard said:

Can you add 2 Fictional 88MM Guns, 1 with the M60A3 Patton's Turret and 1 with the Abrams's Turret, please.

I will wait if you can't make it now...

Hiya, i saw you requested this elsewhere, fortunately I'm not bound by adherence to any code of realism so it's very possible. In my unreleased tank pack there's already a twin cannon turret so making another is no real issue, I've got to finalize some updates for other mods and this one before starting anything new but I'll put it on the request list

Jow76OC.png

17 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hiya, i saw you requested this elsewhere, fortunately I'm not bound by adherence to any code of realism so it's very possible. In my unreleased tank pack there's already a twin cannon turret so making another is no real issue, I've got to finalize some updates for other mods and this one before starting anything new but I'll put it on the request list

Jow76OC.png

That is NOT what I meant, I meant x2 Turrets (x1 M60 Patton Turret and x1 M1 Abrams Turret) with only ONE 88MM Each but I like it...

38 minutes ago, Vonnmillard said:

That is NOT what I meant, I meant x2 Turrets (x1 M60 Patton Turret and x1 M1 Abrams Turret) with only ONE 88MM Each but I like it...

Erm i have to ask, why a single 88 it makes no sense? and on a M1 abrams turret It'll look like a toothpick, and wont look that much better on a Patton.  While I'm quite prepared to venture into the realms fantasy i try to stay away from the ridiculous. The ww2 88's where designed in 1928 so way beyond old, delving into the ancient, a modern 75mm autocannon makes an 88 look like a paintball gun. This is why i presumed 2 per turret, even though all you'd do is chip twice as much paint.  One of the joys of KSP is that cfg's are easy to edit, and BDAc doesn't care what you call the gun. So unless there's something I'm missing, sorry  I certainly won't be attaching an 88 to an M1 any time soon