[1.4.X] SM Armory Group. See Note First post Ref BDA 1.2.2.2

SpannerMonkey(smce)

On 16/08/2016 at 9:10 AM, Vonnmillard said:

No, it's like that the 88MM is Modernized for Modern and Future Battles and Warfares...

BTW, do NOT Forget the 88MM Gun with the M60 Patton Turret.

Okely dokely  that;d be bearable i still wanna put two on but hey.

Things changed in a huge way today, the two weapon turret is a reproducible thing, not a fluke, done right it works perfectly. Very Very happy bunny :D  2 x 30mm autocannons and 8 ground to air  (and anywhere else) radar guided missiles, such a wonderful toy and so much insanity has been made possible

Not a relevant image but who doesn't like a nice large unexpected explosion every now and then

McAKGFB.png

2 hours ago, Vonnmillard said:

So, how does the Turrets (M1 Abrams and M60 Patton) with the 88MMs look like right now?

Hey man. with all due respect. he needs time to model it, make the configs , texture and test it before he releases it. what he is doing is all part of his generosity and he is NOT obliged to make it for you. Its not like you paid Spanner Monkey for the turrets. 

So chill and wait. he will inform you when its done :) .

I know this may sound INSANE but, Can you make both US Turrets with 88s have Variants that can fire 488/600/8888 Rounds Per Minute, these Variants are only for the Von Defense Division(V.D.D.) Variants of the M1 Abrams and M60 Patton 88MM Guns named:"VDD M60V88 Patton (88MM Variant) (488/600/8888RPM)" and "VDD M1V88 Abrams (88MM Variant) (488/600/8888RPM)" just for me to use them for my Fictional Stories in KSP...

P.S.:Take your time to get the configurations working and textures (Make sure that the Colour VDD Variants of the Guns I listed is Diamond Blue), but I don't care How Long you take to do all these I really don't, I can wait no matter what.

8 hours ago, Vonnmillard said:

I know this may sound INSANE but, Can you make both US Turrets with 88s have Variants that can fire 488/600/8888 Rounds Per Minute, these Variants are only for the Von Defense Division(V.D.D.) Variants of the M1 Abrams and M60 Patton 88MM Guns named:"VDD M60V88 Patton (88MM Variant) (488/600/8888RPM)" and "VDD M1V88 Abrams (88MM Variant) (488/600/8888RPM)" just for me to use them for my Fictional Stories in KSP...

P.S.:Take your time to get the configurations working and textures (Make sure that the Colour VDD Variants of the Guns I listed is Diamond Blue), but I don't care How Long you take to do all these I really don't, I can wait no matter what.

There are requests and then there are bespoke items that nobody else would want to use. 

Generally requests take the format of items that are or are likely to be used by a variety of different players, the items you are requesting are of such an odd specification that most users of this mod, and any other weapon pack I can think of or that i manage would be unlikely to use them.  One item like that is a maybe, 6 items, all different, and i bet you'd like them looking different as well, are you mad? I have a suggestion, get yourself a paint program and a text editor, take examples of both turrets, which are already in mods elsewhere, repaint in your chosen color, and alter the cfg to suit your unusual specification.

There are side issues to your specification too, ammo weight for instance, heat management etc etc, yes you can override all of these things, but every time you do it's less likely that anybody other than you will want to use them.

I think you are forgetting why or maybe you don't understand why mod makers make mods, primarily mod makers make things that they want to make or would like to  use, the fact that they share the items they make is a bonus.

Currently I have zero motivation to spend the best part of a week ( although it's likely to take longer)creating these unusual  parts, never mind texturing, exporting balancing etc Why? because I find the items to be of such a spec that I'd be throwing them in the junk folder as soon as the set up was finished ( i had considered what kind of hourly rate I'd be prepared to make them for, i thought 26ph 'd be good, then i remembered,  that i don't do things I don't enjoy, no matter how much you pay :P )

TL,DR hahahahahahhahahhahaha you're a funny man,

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)
rofl

7 hours ago, Vonnmillard said:

Please read the post before replying...

I did  read and fully understand your request and direct you to carefully read the quoted parts from my reply

22 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Generally requests take the format of items that are or are likely to be used by a variety of different players, the items you are requesting are of such an odd specification that most users of this mod, and any other weapon pack I can think of or that i manage would be unlikely to use them.  One item like that is a maybe, 6 items, all different, and i bet you'd like them looking different as well, are you mad? I have a suggestion, get yourself a paint program and a text editor, take examples of both turrets, which are already in mods elsewhere, repaint in your chosen color, and alter the cfg to suit your unusual specification.

22 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Currently I have zero motivation to spend the best part of a week ( although it's likely to take longer)creating these unusual  parts, never mind texturing, exporting balancing etc Why? because I find the items to be of such a spec that I'd be throwing them in the junk folder as soon as the set up was finished ( i had considered what kind of hourly rate I'd be prepared to make them for, i thought 26ph 'd be good, then i remembered,  that i don't do things I don't enjoy, no matter how much you pay :P )

To clarify I make mods because, i want something cooler than the other guy, I've wanted one of those X's in game forever, I can use it in my games, or the rarest of all occasions somebody suggests something that i hadn't thought of.  All of things initially happen because I (that's me by the way) want to make it/them/those. You'll notice that at no time do the wishes or wants of the general public feature in the creation process     I can honestly say that in all the years I've been modding I've never made anything that i had no use for, or wouldn't want in my game.  And unless you have some secret all powerful persuasion method, i 'm not about  to start now

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Stuff

New stuff incoming , i know is said that I wouldn't add anything new  but new technology must be exploited.  There's a 7mm Lewis gun, air mount with 92 shell drum magazine ammo for your  WWI dogfights  and  A10 sized deck mounted 30mm Gatling/rotary cannon, but I'm not overly happy with the texture, although it works fine,  so I'll hold off on that piccy for now.  Instead  have a look at something that I'm very happy with

Combo CIWS and missile turret, fully functional

BVDQLG2.png

7mm Lewis,  no it doesn't shoot prop off, fire transform is way ahead of it's normal position for this application, so although the flash is still generated at the barrel end, the projectile is spawned about 1mtr further fwd

CxHXSnW.png

11 hours ago, Vonnmillard said:

See? I told you that it may sound INSANE but it's only for my Fictional Series, got that?

You see, the reason it sounds insane is because, for everyone else, it is insane. I think that your best bet would be to make the part yourself. There are several tutorials on youtube that could get you started. :P

11 hours ago, Vonnmillard said:

See? I told you that it may sound INSANE but it's only for my Fictional Series, got that?

4pPT6B4.png

In all seriousness though what you're asking for, no one would do for reasons that I wont repeat. If you really want a weird super overpowered gun you can either make it yourself (I've already been over that, I wont repeat myself here) or take an existing normal weapon that someone might make / have made and just alter the cfg. ->

Spoiler

These lines are all that you need to change to make it as powerful as you want.

roundsPerMinute = 10
    maxDeviation = 0.2
    maxTargetingRange = 8000
    maxEffectiveDistance = 8000

bulletMass = 8.35e-3
    bulletVelocity = 1650
    ammoName = CannonShells
    requestResourceAmount = 1

cannonShellPower = 20
    cannonShellHeat = 30
    cannonShellRadius = 30

hasRecoil = true
    onlyFireInRange = true
    bulletDrop = true

weaponType = cannon    

projectileColor = 255, 90, 0, 190

tracerStartWidth = 0.27
    tracerEndWidth = 0.20
    tracerLength = 0
    tracerDeltaFactor = 3.75
    tracerLuminance = 2

maxHeat = 3600
    heatPerShot = 60
    heatLoss = 740

RESOURCE
{
    name = CannonShells
    amount = 20
    maxAmount = 20
}

If you just alter the cfg then you probably wont be able to release the part if that's what you want depending on the license for the model.

14 hours ago, Vonnmillard said:

So, Spanner, Which mod (Boomsticks or NeverEnuffDakka) are you going to put my Requested 88MMs in?

I would also like to see that those guns will Also have the Hulls of the M60 Patton (Modernized by Patton) and the M1 Abrams...

*Cough* he's not going to do it *cough*

BTW I remember when I was like you... Making ridiculous requests to the modders... Being the dreaded "ideas guy"...

I had ideas... And then I started making mods. By tweaking the .cfg on the stock struts, and reskinning them. (Speaking of which, SuperStrongStruts WILL return. Coming Q4 2016.)

Just tweak the .cfg, and retexture the turrets. It's not nearly as tough as you'd think.

Also, great work @SpannerMonkey(smce)

But there's a problem, When Installing Unity There's an error when installing Windows Visual Studio and I am just new to making models and modelling something by using the picture behind it because it (the picture) doesn't appear even I tried what Wraith977 does AND making the models (Turrets) with 88MMs could be hard for me for now, so I need help fixing these issues...

• 2 weeks later...

A bofors mk 110 57mm turret, and a bushmaster 30mm turret would be great for the ships. (adding it here as commanded :D )

MK110 57mm (57 mk3)

1920px-US_Navy_100622-N-7058E-161_The_li

Bushmaster 30mm (Basically a Bradley turret minus hatches, launchers, etc)

1920px-thumbnail.jpg

The MK110 i already have, just never shared, so i'll add that, the Bushy's easy too.

My current partner in modding crime and i have been investigating the effectiveness of ICBM type rockets and missiles, that is missiles that fly an extremely indirect path to target, typically reaching altitudes in excess of 10KM and still being able to strike the hangar at the island airfield from a launch from the start of  the runway at KSC (26km ish iirc), the example in the pics, is a cluster missile with a test load to show spread. All this stands a good chance of being in the next update

DtOatGV.png

QUmxRCG.png

jN3SoqI.png

IPCkjSF.png

3tID7f5.png

13 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

And while the paint was drying on the first and real MK110  I put together the MK210, it may not have a real world equivalent but it looks like it should, and i love it, as is only right.

B0PTlq7.png

If you can't do it with one barrel, try 4!

20 minutes ago, Acea said:

Seriously would you join to use C.A.L++ now? I can give you additional author permission on SpaceDock if necessary

Rofl, i suppose I'm sort of stuck now, with PEW using it,  I'll download the latest version and see if I need to add anything, I shouldn't think I will, last time i looked it was quite varied. The Universal ammo box is a master stroke,   although I'll use my own Box in Boomsticks, it'd just need  the added values from CAL++.   We just need to wait for RD to push the firespitter update ( some time today) to make sure all functions as it should. (and things look promising for BDAc also)