[1.4.X] SM Armory Group. See Note First post Ref BDA 1.2.2.2

SpannerMonkey(smce)

2 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

That should get you going

Thanks! Y'should probably ad it to the OP at some point, all that's in the OP that has to relate to OSTnT is the OST thing that's still built to work in (I think) 1.2.2, alongside the Sherman hull and turret.

Edited by DirtyVenomSteam

20 hours ago, [INDO]dimas_1502 said:

the KV-2 turret seems bugged, when i fire it it just rapidfires, depleting all the ammos in seconds without firing any projectiles

HI, thanks for the report   yes it's bugged, checked and fixed, and while i was there , i resolved some other OST issues .  Update incoming 

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

On 7/4/2018 at 11:46 AM, Skyer said:

Why do all missiles from SMI Missile expansion have such odd names?

Hi please read the huge red text that is  prominently displayed right at the top of the first post , and also to be found throughout the thread .

Please note the following mods also require the installation of SM Industries
SM Armory, SMI Missiles and Launchers, SM OST and T , SM AFV's
Failure to install SM Industries will result in names and descriptions being displayed incorrectly and other related features will not work (Now included updated for each download)

• 2 weeks later...

SM AFV's KSP 1.4.X BDA 1.2.X Only T90 and 17 NEW Tank Tracks

Version 0.9.14.00
T90 Hull and turret
Reactive Armor
4 X Box section DIY tanks chassis and custom armor
M163 VADS
Tank Tracks 17 sets of custom tracks For military , stupidity and heavy haulage purposes NOTE tracks will require KSPWheel  HERE
Goliath Micro Tanks

Spoiler

VbjeKOX.png

68747470733a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f
68747470733a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f

68747470733a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f68747470733a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f

SM Armory for KSP 1.4.X and BDA 1.2. onwards ONLY v0.99.99.93
Version 0.99.99.93 KSP1.4x

Further tuning and upgrades
Only one addition this time around,  and only included due to numerous requests.   This item is regularly used to push the boundaries of both KSP and BDA   .  At present it's self contained and can be easily removed.  Ready to use and easily capable of shelling the VAB from KSC Island Airfield

GusFS  fires 80mm 7000kg shell to ranges in excess of 30 KM
oYFm4qx.png

To prevent confusion , SM Industries is included and must also be installed for full function of all SM mods
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

SMI Missiles and Launchers V0.02.0 KSP 1.4.X BDA 1.2.X ONLY

V0.02.0 Requires a clean install do not overwrite
Rectify issues with FX and sounds on torpedoes, breaking dependency on other SM group mods, specifically SM Marine and SM Armory Does not remove requirement for SM Industries
Further missile tuning and upgrades

swXz7Fc.png

To prevent confusion , SM Industries is included and must also be installed for full function of all SM mods

Special thanks to @TheKurgan For his invaluable assistance and far to many hours spent individually  tuning  every single missile in the SM group

3 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Turn the torpedo tube around  to face backwards and load as per normal.

I mean as the launch is backwards, but the torpedo is facing forward and will start going forwards once it hits the waterwA0v6lU.jpg

I was gonna suggest that ship to Spanner but I realized that the slide-out launch might be more trouble than it's worth. At best you might be able to do that now with setting your decouple speed to zero and it should slip backwards as you move forward.

9 minutes ago, Cdodders said:

I mean as the launch is backwards, but the torpedo is facing forward and will start going forwards once it hits the water

Nope because there is only a facility for BDA to decouple fwd or laterally > However even though that is not a major hurdle,  the added complication presented by having that node on the front will result in an inordinate amount of complaints that ' my torpedo launched wrong'  or  'your torpedoes always blow up my ship' .  SO it's unlikely to happen,  however you are free to abuse the cfgs as you chose

17 hours ago, Cdodders said:

I mean as the launch is backwards, but the torpedo is facing forward and will start going forwards once it hits the water

This can be done, I did it with a certain bomb... a HUGE bomb... the mother bomb... look in spoiler

Ensure first that this line exists decoupleForward = true 

Then Just change the decoupleSpeed = 10 to decoupleSpeed = -15 (or something... you will need to test)

and make sure you give it enough drop time to hit the water... or bad stuff will happen.

Or use this patch:

@PART[NameOfTorpedo]:NEEDS[BDArmory]
{
    %MODULE[MissileLauncher]
    {
        %dropTime = 3
        %decoupleForward = true
        %decoupleSpeed = -15
    }    
}

Spoiler

Edited by TheKurgan

Hey Spanner; I've posted it in BdAc but I want it to be super fast. Can we have a script or something that can spawn military vehicles with engine on randomly like a military expedition? The weapon manager Ai is good enough to handle it I think. Something like SM_Adventures pack?

On 7/18/2018 at 4:41 AM, Violet_Wyvern said:

The KV-1's Turret was a little bit too big,  Need some adjustment....

Pcj6Fbd.png
KV-1S_wb_1944_HD.jpg

Hey there. Had the same problem and came up with a solution.

If you go into the turret's .cfg file (accessible through notepad), there should be a value called "rescale factor". Simply change that value from 1 to 0.8 and you should be good to go. Also, nice flag design. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Kerbal Gamer said:

I am having problems with the tracks and other wheels. They do not move or provide movement. I have downloaded kerbal foundries. Is there a fix?

Make sure you have some kind of engine or apu and enough EC, as well as the KSPWheel plugin associated with kerbal foundries.

Edited by XOC2008

4 minutes ago, XOC2008 said:

Make sure you have some kind of engine or apu and enough EC, as well as the KSPWheel plugin associated with kernel foundries.

Yep I do have EC. I turned on the engines,  and the wheels don't respond. Actually brakes work.

Edited by Kerbal Gamer

5 hours ago, Kerbal Gamer said:

Yep I do have EC. I turned on the engines,  and the wheels don't respond. Actually brakes work.

And you can confirm you have the latest KSPWheel? I think you're going to need to provide a KSP.log and more information. KSP version, etc etc.

16 hours ago, XOC2008 said:

And you can confirm you have the latest KSPWheel? I think you're going to need to provide a KSP.log and more information. KSP version, etc etc.

I fixed it by uninstalling and reinstalling KSP and redownloading kerbal foundries. Can I also ask why the IVA has red text saying external view? And will the turrets be  able to hold kerbals in the future. Great work on the tracks btw.

Edited by Kerbal Gamer