[1.4.X] SM Armory Group. See Note First post Ref BDA 1.2.2.2

SpannerMonkey(smce)

1 hour ago, Kerbal Gamer said:

I fixed it by uninstalling and reinstalling KSP and redownloading kerbal foundries. Can I also ask why the IVA has red text saying external view? And will the turrets be  able to hold kerbals in the future. Great work on the tracks btw.

The red external view boxes are for external camera feeds if you want to add them. Is that JSI? I don’t remember. I’m not sure if Spanner intends on making the turrets able to hold crew.

2 hours ago, Kerbal Gamer said:

Can I also ask why the IVA has red text saying external view? And will the turrets be  able to hold kerbals in the future.

The red text you are seeing is the reverse  of the label that holds the collider for  triggering the outside view while in IVA, just not got around to moving the camera to a pos that doesn't have it in view,  No point adding kerbals or  IVA's to turrets as the IVA remains fixed in place while the turret rotates, this messes up external views and hatches.  A turret is a animated part and there is no way I know to move an IVA reliably  with animation.

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

1 minute ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

The red text you are seeing is the reverse  of the label that holds the collider for  triggering the outside view while in IVA, just not got around to moving the camera to a pos that doesn't have it in view,  No point adding kerbals or  IVA's to turrets as the IVA remains fixed in place while the turret rotates, this messes up external views and hatches.  A turret is a animated part and there is no way I know to move an IVA reliably  with animation.

Ok, thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, Project Cygnus said:

So I've noticed with the most recent update of BD, the parts don't show up in any part tabs. Is there any way around this?

Hi  IF you have properly installed the mod  every single part in the SM group has it's own category in the editor sidebar,

6MXveH2.png

Visible here, are the category selection buttons for , SMA, which contains radar APU's and other miscellaneous SMA parts,  SM Marine, all the smaller scaled ship parts and equip.  SM armory tanks , which contains all the tank parts,  SM Armory Turrets and guns which contains all the turrets and guns that are not specifically tank related . SMA missile and launchers , which unsurprisingly contains 99% of all the SM missiles and launchers, that are not specifically tied to a particular launcher or craft. There are a couple not shown as the icon will only appear when the SMIndustries plugin detects that the mod that uses the category is installed correctly.

Creating these categories requires nothing from the user except correct installation of the mod. 

I for one am extremely happy that after many years I can again easily find BDA parts, instead of wading through a list of over 300 items , most of which are not made by or part of BDA,  but supplied mostly by expansion  mods

Hey so I've been loving your mods, but I've been having an issue where my game will no longer load past the T90 turret. I've retried a few times and given it hours of time to download but it just won't. I don't know why it won't but if you could help that would be amazing.

Actually the part is the T90FG

1 hour ago, jrf said:

Hey so I've been loving your mods, but I've been having an issue where my game will no longer load past the T90 turret. I've retried a few times and given it hours of time to download but it just won't. I don't know why it won't but if you could help that would be amazing.

Actually the part is the T90FG

It sounds like a mod conflict and tends to happen to me when I have a mod trying to utilize something from an outdated mod. You're going to have to provide more information, including KSP version and a KSP.log that Spanner or someone more knowledgeable than me can pick through.

9 hours ago, jrf said:

having an issue

Hi. currently SM AFV's and associated mods are having a refresh involving model upgrades and  brand new textures. Also due to this files are being moved and renamed to reduce mod size, certain parts are being phased out completely. As such it's vital when installing AFV's in particular that you do NOT overwrite any existing mod install, any version you have installed must be deleted prior to installation of the latest version.
Merging folders will result in orphaned textures and models, and will probably result in the problems you are having.   As a first step, re-download the mod.  delete any pre existing installation ,  install the new version and reload the game. Should your problem continue a zipped copy of your KSP.log will be required for me to discover the reason for the issue.

Thanks. I’ll try this. It was a fresh install on the latest version of KSP. Their was no mods on it when I began to download updated mods. It didn’t ever crash though so I’m not certain if I can give you a log.

9 minutes ago, jrf said:

It didn’t ever crash though so I’m not certain if I can give you a log.

Hi luckily for us the KSP.log is written every time you start the game , it does not require a crash ,  it can be found in your main KSP installation folder. Can you confirm which version of AFV's you are trying to install  and if you also installed the required SM Industries folder?

I installed everything off of this forum yesterday.

I’ve also removed that part from my install and everything seems to be working fine. Unfortunately I’m going to need to put it back in if you want a KSP.log with the issue.

Edited by jrf
Adding more information

@jrf   @SpannerMonkey(smce) 

I had the problem with the T90FG parts not loading in as well, make sure to only use the SMAFV and SMIndustries or whatevers its called that is included in the download. Do not download and use the separate SM Industries as it is outdated or something idk, only use the SMindustries included in the folder for the game to load. 

@Wolf123

Hi yup, that's why a specific SM Industries is bundled with each update, the standalone version is mainly for those wishing to check the source code,  in line with forum rules,  and for the most part it's useless on it's own,   and as such may lag slightly behind the copies that are circulated with any of the SM Mod releases but not by much. In this case it's simply because the custom resource (ammo and bullet) definition that exists within SM Industries as supplied with the mod  does not exist in the older version ( that's not the only difference but it is the relevant one)

This may come across as a bit of a rant , it's not meant that way and is not directed at anyone in particular  :P

Originally SM Industries was available separately however many users failed to read the instructions (in bold red letters) and did not install it, leading to missing parts and mods not loading and subsequent issues regarding alleged bugs .SO in an attempt to alleviate the issues i started   Including  a copy of SM Industries with each mod  in the hope that  its presence could reasonably  be assumed to mean that it too should be installed.

Unlike many mods I don't bundle in unnecessary items, i don't unilaterally patch other mod makers parts, and i don't supply dlls that you probably already have 8 of.   So if it comes in the download  i mean players to install it when they install the mod,  and 99 times out of 100 I'd like very much if players did not merge updates but instead deleted the old version and installed the new. With the amount of changes taking place within all my mods at present including model replacements, texture overhauls and file compression,  merging updates or  mixing and matching  is likely to lead to less than satisfactory results

21 hours ago, jrf said:

I’ve also removed that part from my install and everything seems to be working fine. Unfortunately I’m going to need to put it back in if you want a KSP.log with the issue.

Last night i created a clean BDA install downloaded the uploaded github version which includes a fresh copy of SM Industries I installed both items , I also installed Physics range extender and vessel mover and of course ModuleManager
So my freshly created GameData folder looks like this

kl9mBcK.png

And then clicking the KSP shortcut icon I waited for it to load , which it did first time , once in the SPH all parts are present, no locking up , no error , And best of all the result is this
R8PGvPk.png

Which is the item you have removed from your folder.

Given all the above is true and not BS , can you tell me what exactly you did differently that prevents your particular version of SM AFV's from loading.  I do not release mods that need "work arounds" in order for players to use them, frankly I'd rather not bother , SM mods are tested by several players before ever getting to release, and in some cases if we are not pretty confident it's good for everyone it doesn't get released(ever) and while we may not catch every little bug,  the mod will always load  and give reliable game play, if something doesn't load,  something is wrong, that should not be wrong.
As for your KSP.log it's completely up to you if you supply it or not. I have proved the download works to my satisfaction and that all the parts load trouble free. As have the rest of the testing team.

I downloaded the separate version of SMindustries and not the included one because that was how it needed to be done the last time I updated your mods. Thanks for the help and I’ll try this the next time I start my computer.

@SpannerMonkey(smce) Your red bold text makes it clear that you MUST download SM industries and makes it seems as if it is a separate dependency that you have to download, which leads to confusion when it is included. As problem is the fact that the separate download itself is outdated/broken, how can you say you and your team make sure everything loads if it clearly doesnt with the separate SM Industries? It's your fault that on your cluttered forum post every other sentence says "MUST DOWNLOAD SM INDUSTRIES", even though its included with each folder. 

1 hour ago, Wolf123 said:

@SpannerMonkey(smce) Your red bold text makes it clear that you MUST download SM industries and makes it seems as if it is a separate dependency that you have to download, which leads to confusion when it is included. As problem is the fact that the separate download itself is outdated/broken, how can you say you and your team make sure everything loads if it clearly doesnt with the separate SM Industries? It's your fault that on your cluttered forum post every other sentence says "MUST DOWNLOAD SM INDUSTRIES", even though its included with each folder. 

So this is what I see in the OP of this thread .... It says installation, not download and It even clearly states at the end of the sentence in brackets to not panic as the correct version is included in every download (see spoiler below)

Spoiler

Please note the following mods also require the installation of SM_Industries
SM Armory, SMI Missiles and Launchers, SM OST and T , SM AFV's
Failure to install SM Industries will result in names and descriptions being displayed incorrectly and other related features will not work(don't panic the correct version of SMI is included in every download)

53 minutes ago, Wolf123 said:

It's your fault that on your cluttered forum post every other sentence says "MUST DOWNLOAD SM INDUSTRIES", even though its included with each folder. 

However as such an expert on my postings  you cannot have missed the post below

On the 18th of August 2017 I clearly laid out and made clear my intention to include updated SM Industries with every download .

56 minutes ago, Wolf123 said:

on your cluttered forum post

Other less cluttered forum posts are available.  Thank you so very much for you valuable advice

@DoctorDavinci I checked before I posted and it did not say that lmfao. 1 hour ago there was an edit (around the time i posted/you guys read my comment), wonder what that could have changed <_<? I love how you guys have to keep the appearance of always being right no matter what, like [snip] just admit you were wrong about something.

@SpannerMonkey(smce) I'm not tryna insult you, I am just stating the fact that your forum post is cluttered. Clearly, you realised what I said about the whole SM industries installation being a little confusing for readers must have been correct because you have updated your forum post after realizing your mistake. My issue is that your acting as if its jrf fault for following YOUR instruction copy and pasted everywhere and his fault for downloading and installing your SM Industries which actually is OUTDATED/BROKEN. It's hard for me to believe your statement of 'we test out every little detail and make sure it works perfectly', when I got the exact same issue and it took me like 5 mins to realize that the standalone SM industries is broken and the one bundled is the one that works - even though, everything on the forum post points to them being identical. Evidently, you and your team did not know of the problem as you guys just demand his .log files and assumed he messed something up. The confusion is caused by you and your team in setting up all of this, the way you just blame jrf and assume it's his fault when its actually yours kinda irks me; check out the problem before demanding stuff... 

Edited by Vanamonde

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/24/2018 at 3:58 PM, Sebastiaz said:

Hey, the Spacedock download for Old School Turrets Redux no longer exists, any other ways to get it? Much appreciated if possible. ^^

Hi old school turrets redux was turned into SM Old School Turrets and Tanks, which contains some of the original OST parts plus many others, the older OST no longer exists
https://spacedock.info/mod/1874/SM Old School Turrets and Tanks

Hi all.

I am experiencing problems when trying to download these files. Any and all of the files download for a few seconds before saying network error. If I press retry, it shows the download speed as 0b/s and then a few seconds later says "Failed - Forbidden"

This occurs when I try and download from GitHub

Any help is appreciated