[1.4.X] SM Armory Group. See Note First post Ref BDA 1.2.2.2

SpannerMonkey(smce)

7 hours ago, o24UK42o said:

Is the reactive armor functional at the moment?

Yes and  maybe no, originally the reactive armor was dreamt ( not dreamed dont care what your US dictionary says) up and created by the SMI core team (me  @TheKurgan @DoctorDavinci @XOC2008  )and all the parts worked just fine, it was then incorporated into BDA.  However  during the time I had away from KSP the module name was changed due to political pressure (apparently certain users objected to the SM part) , and  because of this change any part or saved craft which has the old module name will not work.  

All is not lost as it's a simple matter to fix in both parts and craft and allow them to load ,  simply find any module named SM_Reactive_Armor and change it to ModuleReactiveArmor. 

Please note that the actual function of the armor is now BDA's responsibility and given the buggy mess that BDA is in at present I can't be sure that it'll function as intended
As most of my mod parts rely on BDA not being a buggy mess, I am reluctant at this point  to release updates that will still not perform as well as in the past.

Example

Spoiler

//From this 

MODULE
    {
         name = SM_Reactive_Armor

objectNames = 
        textureNames = 
        textureDisplayNames = Armored;Depleted
    }
///////////////////////////////////////////////////
//To this 
MODULE
    {
         name = ModuleReactiveArmor

objectNames = 
        textureNames = 
    }

1 hour ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Yes and  maybe no, originally the reactive armor was dreamt ( not dreamed dont care what your US dictionary says) up and created by the SMI core team (me  @TheKurgan @DoctorDavinci @XOC2008  )and all the parts worked just fine, it was then incorporated into BDA.  However  during the time I had away from KSP the module name was changed due to political pressure (apparently certain users objected to the SM part) , and  because of this change any part or saved craft which has the old module name will not work.  

All is not lost as it's a simple matter to fix in both parts and craft and allow them to load ,  simply find any module named SM_Reactive_Armor and change it to ModuleReactiveArmor. 

Please note that the actual function of the armor is now BDA's responsibility and given the buggy mess that BDA is in at present I can't be sure that it'll function as intended
As most of my mod parts rely on BDA not being a buggy mess, I am reluctant at this point  to release updates that will still not perform as well as in the past.

Example

Reveal hidden contents

//From this 

MODULE
    {
         name = SM_Reactive_Armor

objectNames = 
        textureNames = 
    }
///////////////////////////////////////////////////
//To this 
MODULE
    {
         name = ModuleReactiveArmor

objectNames = 
        textureNames = 
    }

Ah, I see. Thank you for the clarification. Keep up the good work!

48 minutes ago, yharon said:

Do you have a Star Wars death star mod that can destroy planets?

Hi sadly for you planet busters,  its not possible to destroy planets in KSP,    there's a fake way to do it, which is what you may have seen on youtube, but actual game planets no.  I handed off all my SciFi weapons  to @TheKurgan  for the awesome

The weapons there are the closest to  planet busting you're going to get as well as being  a  scifi weapons mod thats not just reskinned bda parts .   Stupidly large guns are around though, although most tend to be  in the hands of only a few players, and none of them can kill a planet

dpUwuKV.png

I just got this mod went back to 1.4.5 and got BDA for 1.2.x and the tanks and trucks dont work.....i also dont see any helicoter things i have SM ,AFV, OST, Marine, MIssiles, IM i mean all the stuff downloaded and ready but the tank treads spawn halfway in the ground and the engine does nothing (same for truck too) is there any fix? What links should i download from.. i mean these mods are really cool its sucks they sit there in the parts list for nothing. any help is appreciated i know the thread is old.

Edited by GoldenKraken

8 minutes ago, GoldenKraken said:

I just got this mod went back to 1.4.5

Hi, you wont see any helicopter things, because I decided not to release them.

Tracks rely on the KSPWheel plugin and will not work without it, and for best results KerbalFoundries should be installed as it includes important references  Tracks should also be always mounted in symmetry and from Only the left side, there is a right and wrong way up, as can be seen from the identifying text on each track unit .

The engines also use the KSPWheel plugin as they use a custom generator code suitable for AI use , without which they will all be non functional 

As for what versions you should use,   this mod although not stated as such works with very few issues in  KSP !.6.1  and those issues that are present are being/ have been  rectified, however these changes will be made to meet the latest BDA spec  so will not be retroactive, will not apply to older versions of BDA or KSP

On 7/12/2018 at 8:47 PM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Version 0.9.14.00
T90 Hull and turret
Reactive Armor
4 X Box section DIY tanks chassis and custom armor
M163 VADS
Tank Tracks 17 sets of custom tracks For military , stupidity and heavy haulage purposes NOTE tracks will require KSPWheel  HERE
Goliath Micro Tanks

Thank you the tanks function now. The helicopters i bet would have been pretty awesome to use (ive always wanted to make a ksp sea knight) and i hope this mod stays alive as the models are really really great.  P.S are the tanks supposed to make noise when moving? P.P.s this is less important but do you know any good ksp mods for 1.6.2 that add prop engines? all the ones ive seen dont work and are outdated. Thank you keep up the good work!

35 minutes ago, GoldenKraken said:

P.S are the tanks supposed to make noise when moving?

The track  are expected to make a bit of a racket , and dust clouds etc ,    the engines  should make engine noises ,  although since the last release quite a bit of work has been done on engines and associated sounds .   There are several prop engines in the SM Stryker mod , link in the sig below,  however like all my stuff  it's in the process of being checked and overhauled as i haven't touched ksp since  1.4.wrecked , and am only just  slowly getting back into the swing of things

5 hours ago, yharon said:

You introduced a baby dead star mod to a person with a tortoise picture. Can you download a link for me?

Hi,  quite simply no.  It was never really a mod,  it was a one off i did for lols (back when lols were a thing) and nothing else,  it was never released or even meant to be released,  it probably kicked around in whatever version i made it for, this was in 2016 btw so many hundreds of projects ago,  until the next KSP update and then was forgotten about.

You may have some luck asking about it in that thread, as i know it was passed around a bit, non of which i care about as it was a throwaway mod,  so you may get lucky and find someone who still has a copy

26 minutes ago, yharon said:

Its code may have some problems.

Hi  being from 2012 it will indeed have problems , the main one being that the DAE format was the original pre mu format, so before it can ever run in KSP it needs setting up and running through unity .  And i haven't seen a cfg like that for years ,  In its present form it's deader than a dead thing.

As i have no use for such a part I'm afraid I'll have to decline your kind offer of spending several hours of my time sorting out and setting up  a model that isn't mine and I'll never use.

1 hour ago, yharon said:

.Do you have a download link for the 0.17 version of kerbal space program?

KSP 0.17 was not a free version

1 hour ago, yharon said:

Are there any mods on Star Wars in your SM Armory?

On 1/19/2019 at 4:25 AM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

I handed off all my SciFi weapons  to @TheKurgan  for the awesome

The weapons there are the closest to  planet busting you're going to get as well as being  a  scifi weapons mod thats not just reskinned bda parts

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

• 2 weeks later...

So yeah hey , it's been a while,  I'm sort of back, and getting back up to speed.  For the next updates , as there will be some, I'll be mainly  concerned with fixing the numerous little things i don't like.  Right now  there's enough parts in all the mods combined to keep the most destruction hungry player happy, and of course the packages are getting on the large side,  so i don't see a need to be adding more stuff.  

Spoiler

For the past week i've been going through the AFV's  converting the tanks when appropriate to use out in house AI suitable power unit, this means no more purely electrically powered tanks, all vehicles will require LF EC and Air to even start ,  and if either one is depleted its the end of that vehicles mobility. 

The latter modular type vehicles that  are empty boxes will remain unchanged,  you'll still need to add some form of power to the hull, be that loathsome batteries , or the full battery fuel tank engine setup .   All the engine units that are already included are also going to be  using the new power module. 

The one possible down side to the new module is no direct throttle control,  the module is fully load sensing and will attempt to keep the battery charge level, required to drive the tracks, at a preset ( by slider level)  We found that it wasn't possible to have it both ways, a reliable power supply that the AI could use properly,  that offered good game play ( the engine batteries and fuel all can be knocked out)  and have a manual throttle control, and after many hours of in house testing we don't miss it one bit.

So after a bit of stocktaking  and sorting out this is (almost) the combined AFV/Tanks output of all the mods, all freshly built in 1.6.1 I'm not even half way through the upgrades, which for many include texture switching, but I've not found anything that would prevent anyone from using any of the SM mods in 1.6.x,  or give unsatisfactory combat play

tvLLZoB.png

A note on SMI Missiles and launchers, as  with the other mods mentioned above I've not found anything showstopping in the way of bad behavior or performance in KSP 1.6.1 , so  it's pretty safe to use the mod in any version of KSP since the last update. The note, subtle changes in KSP across version have subtle but noticeable affects on missile performance, to which end once again a whole load of missiles bombs and torpedoes have once again been retuned, thanks once again to the massive amount of help from @TheKurgan . As updates go SMI_ML is likely to be the first released, no new stuff, or maybe there is, regarding  re tunes,  to get the benefit of the new missile tuning please re arm where appropriate

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

Hi, I just found this MOD and realy love this modeling. In the last days I was searching for a Weapon to blow up the KSC. Now I my question is if there is a Weapon (Laser would be the best) that can destroy the Kerbal Space Center from a 100km Orbit. Thanks

-I'm German so I want to say that I'm not SO good in english and hope you can understand me. It would be great if I found what I've searched for.

4 hours ago, RapFab said:

Now I my question is if there is a Weapon (Laser would be the best) that can destroy the Kerbal Space Center from a 100km Orbit. Thanks

Hi, no problem understanding you :)   As for orbital lasers,  although i make such weapons for other mods I don't have any SciFI space weapons in this group of mods.  Ideally you want the Hammer of Dawn from DCK future tech (by  @DoctorDavinci ), but that's currently unavailable,  Ktech (by @TheKurgan ) probably has the closest you can get right now, along with railguns that we've all used to destroy the KSC from orbit.

Hammer of dawn preview

5 hours ago, RapFab said:

Hi, I just found this MOD and realy love this modeling. In the last days I was searching for a Weapon to blow up the KSC. Now I my question is if there is a Weapon (Laser would be the best) that can destroy the Kerbal Space Center from a 100km Orbit. Thanks

Actual laser weapons will not damage the buildings unfortunately, and with my re-config of the rail gun in KTech, (added bullet drop, and shell velocity decrease) It's very unlikely you'll actually be able to hit the KSC.... IF you did hit the KSC, it will destroy the buildings though :)

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, OPBlue said:

i wonder if theres a mod that could launch an object like a cannon so it could go extremely fast and detonate a large bomb or just slam into the KSC.

Hi, yes doable, we've been experimenting with physical projectiles, in this case as they're easy to mess with simple cannons and cannon balls, but the same principle could be applied to mortars etc.  Loads of cons and not many pros right now though, in fact apart from novelty value it has not a lot going for it, little video demo below, scroll to end to see actual balls loaded and fired .

Spoiler

also there are some slight issues with the mod that i dont know how to solve, firstly i cant find a working version of KJR and the other issue i guess could be fixed by getting KJR, but my tracks are too brittle and fall off alot. Also my bullets dont really do any damage to stuff and sometimes doesnt have a texture so my bullets are purple lines. I didnt want to overwhelm you by all my issues so i put the major ones in one comment. thank you for dealing with my talkativeness and not feeling annoyed towards me.

Edited by OPBlue
Grammar errors