[1.4.X] SM Armory Group. See Note First post Ref BDA 1.2.2.2

SpannerMonkey(smce)

3 hours ago, BelfastBrawler said:

yes, i have the firespitter plugin

Yeah cheers can confirm there's an issue there, it's definitely not loading the rockets, or for that matter finding them. The why I've investigated an am unsure of at this point,  as those that do load are set up exactly the same way. 

https://github.com/SpannerMonkey/SM_Armory/issues/5

5 hours ago, BelfastBrawler said:

yes,

Hi again, I've tracked the source of the problem, that being outdated resource descriptions for the missing items in the BDA cfg's . I've passed the fix on to be included in the next BDA build, but if you can't wait for then, the fix is listed below

Spoiler

To fix the missing rockets, go to BDArmory resources and open BDAmmo_Universal.   Scroll right down to the bottom and replace the existing S-8KOM and Hydra entries with those below

RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
	name = Hydra70Rocket
	title = Hydra-70 rockets
	abbreviation = Hyd70
	density = .0122
	flowMode = NO_FLOW
	transfer = PUMP
	isTweakable = true
}

RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
	name = S-8KOMRocket
	title = S-8KOM rockets
	abbreviation = S8KOM
	density = .0036
	flowMode = NO_FLOW
	transfer = PUMP
	isTweakable = true
}

No changes are needed to Rocketbox cfg

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

2 hours ago, BelfastBrawler said:

The rocket box sort of works now. There's still that bug for a rocket type (Type4Rocket).

Hi, the BDA resource cfg lists shells/ rockets that you may not have in your game , the Type4 Rocket for example , and i have no recollection of the mod it comes in, it isnt a BDA or SM part.  So not really a bug simply a missing mod.

Rockets are an odd thing however as they are one of , if not the only resource that actually has a physical model, what this means is that even though rocket type X may appear to be listed in the ammo box,  there may not be the associated model or turret that uses it in your game.

Transferring resource from the rocket box requires you to have advanced tweakbles activated. There is no native reloading route for rockets, they dont flow, and have no native crossfeed.   So to transfer resources to an empty turret simply select the rocket box, pin it so the PAW does not close, open the rocket turret and pin it also,  now on the rocket box PAW , bottom right corner you will see various setting for emptying the box, or setting priority,  select OUT and the rockets will be transferred to the empty turret

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey just got the mod what does the SM Paintshop do?

Also you just hit 16,666 thousand profile views +1 follower.

Just now, XOC2008 said:

Certain parts have different camo options.

Just now, XOC2008 said:

Certain parts have different camo options.

Do you know which parts?

1 minute ago, LightBender said:

Hey just got the mod what does the SM Paintshop do?

Also you just hit 16,666 thousand profile views +1 follower.

Do you know which parts?

Not offhand but I can have a look as I am loading KSP as we speak, but I'm pretty sure most of the AFVs have different options along with their turrets. Some missiles have optional colors. Etc.

Just now, XOC2008 said:

Not offhand but I can have a look as I am loading KSP as we speak, but I'm pretty sure most of the AFVs have different options along with their turrets. Some missiles have optional colors. Etc.

Ok uh how do I work it do I just hit next and it magically reads which parts texture I want changed?

1 minute ago, LightBender said:

Ok uh how do I work it do I just hit next and it magically reads which parts texture I want changed?

Well IIRC if you use the SM Paintshop it will change the texture of all the parts on a vehicle that can be changed. If you go into parts individually there will be a 'Next Texture' and 'Previous Texture' button where you can cycle through them individually.

Just now, XOC2008 said:

Well IIRC if you use the SM Paintshop it will change the texture of all the parts on a vehicle that can be changed. If you go into parts individually there will be a 'Next Texture' and 'Previous Texture' button where you can cycle through them individually.

IIRC?

Would a pop-up launcher similar to the Naval Strike Missile launcher on Skjold class (and others) be able to be implemented? Preferably one that can be placed anywhere, with no issues with it being 'clipped' into ship hulls? If the clipping issue can be circumvented, could we get things like 8-cell Sylver/Mk.41/Mk.57 VLS silos that are place anywhere, with varying length (for Sylver) and nodes for quad packing, LRSAMs and Strike length missiles?

Also asking for missiles like NSM, CAAMM, CAAMM-ER, SM-6, S-300/400, ASROC, Sea Wolf.

Is it possible to implement magazine fed single and twin arm launchers, such as the ones on OHP, Spruance, Type 42 etc?

1 hour ago, Cdodders said:

Would a pop-up launcher similar to the Naval Strike Missile launcher on Skjold class (and others) be able to be implemented? Preferably one that can be placed anywhere, with no issues with it being 'clipped' into ship hulls? If the clipping issue can be circumvented, could we get things like 8-cell Sylver/Mk.41/Mk.57 VLS silos that are place anywhere, with varying length (for Sylver) and nodes for quad packing, LRSAMs and Strike length missiles?

Also asking for missiles like NSM, CAAMM, CAAMM-ER, SM-6, S-300/400, ASROC, Sea Wolf.

Is it possible to implement magazine fed single and twin arm launchers, such as the ones on OHP, Spruance, Type 42 etc?

There is a pop up 'stealth' launcher, I think in SMI Missiles and Launchers if I am not mistaken. Pretty sure you can offset it into the hull but it only raises up a little. As for VLS cells, I think Malfunc's Armory has the Mk 41 single and quad packable cells already. Using them on newer hulls though, would require an open section of hull for attaching them, or an older LBP hull that has demonstrated allowing passthrough of missiles in the past. A true ASROC system isn't possible (yet). I can't tell you about anything regarding the others you mentioned (but I am a Russian weapon nut so I bug Spanner for lots of them!) Finally, twin arm launchers. The limitation is they can't be reloaded by automatic means, as the missile is usually its own part. It has been demonstrated that Kerbals can rearm aircraft and the like so it would be possible, I guess, to do it manually, but otherwise a twin (or single) arm launcher would be two (or one) shots and done, or have some animations allowing it to be multiple 'reloads' but be unguided rockets.

Edited by XOC2008

2 hours ago, XOC2008 said:

There is a pop up 'stealth' launcher, I think in SMI Missiles and Launchers if I am not mistaken. Pretty sure you can offset it into the hull but it only raises up a little. As for VLS cells, I think Malfunc's Armory has the Mk 41 single and quad packable cells already. Using them on newer hulls though, would require an open section of hull for attaching them, or an older LBP hull that has demonstrated allowing passthrough of missiles in the past. A true ASROC system isn't possible (yet). I can't tell you about anything regarding the others you mentioned (but I am a Russian weapon nut so I bug Spanner for lots of them!) Finally, twin arm launchers. The limitation is they can't be reloaded by automatic means, as the missile is usually its own part. It has been demonstrated that Kerbals can rearm aircraft and the like so it would be possible, I guess, to do it manually, but otherwise a twin (or single) arm launcher would be two (or one) shots and done, or have some animations allowing it to be multiple 'reloads' but be unguided rockets.

nsm_shiplaunched.jpg

Was meaning something more like this, I'm sure we will get something similar one day

1 minute ago, Cdodders said:

nsm_shiplaunched.jpg

Was meaning something more like this, I'm sure we will get something similar one day

I knew what you meant. :wink: But something like that would pretty much have to be part of the hull (or modular but only meant for that purpose)

8 minutes ago, jrf said:

Does anyone know where I can download SMI Missiles and Launchers because I have heard a lot about it but I cannot find it anywhere?

in my Sig there is a link.