[1.4.X] SM Armory Group. See Note First post Ref BDA 1.2.2.2

SpannerMonkey(smce)

6 hours ago, Noellen said:

Is the mk110 in the version on spacedock?

Not yet, I'm holding off on pushing the 1.2 update until we've nailed all the issues with BDAc, the parts themselves work fine but BDAc is not optimal. and as is the way with these things, if I push the update early then I'll be buried in "why does this do this" comments, when it's a purely BDAc issue. Hopefully it'll be soon but with the game updating twice a day, I stand behind my coding associates decision not to chase a moving target. Each time the game updates so must the plugin, so you can imagine how much fun that is(not). 

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, 1.2 and the next update is almost upon us, there's  a few new turrets as usual and includes the EurayleCIWSAA and the finished today ThemisCIWSAA , both have cannons and both have fully functional missile turrets. I've made some more advances with the combo turrets and now all transforms are independent.  Missile pitch and gun pitch are now separated  so the only thing that moves everything are the yaw transforms, activating the gun just activates the gun pitch rather than the first itteration in which missile pitch and gun pitch shared the same axis and had nested transforms, so moving the gun moved the missile rails. 

Themis has a 30mm Gatling and 6 missile rails capable of carrying many different types of missile.  Themis  with it's varied loadout  can be used with anti tank/personal missiles and pretty much anything that fits.

6nUWXZ7.png

i3sy9xA.png

TOyoPEo.png

• 2 weeks later...

hi all, bit quiet around here lately, but the long nights are drawing in up here in the frozen north so I'm hoping for a little more interaction than has been visible of late.

SO if you browse through the weapon threads you may have noticed that I'm a member of the BDAc maintenance team, as well as messing around with my own little mods.  It's a nice position to be in as although my coding skills have improved considerably over the summer, certain members of the team are top flight pros' who do it for a living, this means for the first time, somebody other than BD understands his code, it's certainly not the easiest to read.  This understanding means that i can now ask a straight question and get a straight answer, and in turn i found out exactly how far we can push BDAc before it breaks. It's from this interaction that the new CIWS turrets became a real thing, and opened the door to other potential avenues to be explored.

Whats the point of all this rambling, well Boomsticks is about to go to V1, it's been WIP forever and really it's not,  it's a work that constantly progresses for sure,,  but WIP conveys the impression that in some way it's inferior or faulty buggy in some way, which it's simply not. I'm confident enough in the mod and my ability  to now move the whole thing upstairs to releases, and just likely move the whole thread, there' s too much here for it to disappear. That said I'll likely do the Squad and just carry on as before developing and improving, so 1.1 will be a thing, and new stuff will turn up.

AS for the when. It's ready to go today, we're just finalising that last of the irritations with BDAc and have made large strides forward of late, I say i am involved, but these things happen as fast as they happen, everyone has lives,except me, so have to split time between life and boom, I'd imagine it wont be much longer .

Having a play with some ideas as some much needed RnR, it's nice occasionally just to make stuff i want, that doesn't have a particular home.   It occurred to me that for a space game, we've limited ourselves terribly in the more scifi end of things, all people want is earth bound terrestrial examples kerbalised, it seems as though the unusual or just odd either never gets made or does and disappears into mod oblivion.  I think after Boomsticks and all the other weapon mods i now maintain I've earned the right to do some odd stuff just for giggles and to see if it can be done. 

With all that in mind, I present the SecuBot 16, fully equipped, with 2 x 8 20x120mm Gatling,  IR camera and tracking , smoke CM and built in WM for independent stand alone use, each unit can be launched as a probe and will stand happily on their own two feet, not needing a base or such for support.  Operating in guard mod one unit correctly placed can remove most threats, with a pitch range of 90deg and a slew of 120 gives a massive area of cover.  Testing gradually got silly with 8 AI controlled aircraft destroyed in one session  by one SecuBot,  makes it very successful in my book. The unit itself presents a very small footprint in stand alone making a very difficult thing to hit, while the platforms stability helps to make the return fire considerably more accurate than anything incoming.  There's a little demo video I posted on the BDAc thread, before i had the final details down, and the disarm is now fully powered down as shown in the pic below.

sMhKxE4.png

11 hours ago, stickman939 said:

Now all that's needed is an update to KF lol

10 hours ago, YangQiming_ said:

So tru, that mod's outdated for ages now. I've been enough overlapping numerous wheels together :P

You're not wrong, probably one of the anticipated and wanted updates around.  As you say though at least in 1.2 wheel can overlap and do naughty things with wheels so our meant to have tracks things aren't completely dead as in 1.1.3

Spoiler

AVQksFR.png

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

I'm confused, these mods are 1.2 ready they just need BDAc to be updated to 1.2 to function properly? If that was already said somewhere, I'm sorry, I just saw that these mods were 1.2 on Spacedock and have been following the BDAc tread patiencely waiting for the 1.2 release. I'm not pushing for a BDAc release, just confused is all.

Keep up the excelence work.

34 minutes ago, Vjrcr said:

I'm confused, these mods are 1.2 ready they just need BDAc to be updated to 1.2 to function properly? If that was already said somewhere, I'm sorry, I just saw that these mods were 1.2 on Spacedock and have been following the BDAc tread patiencely waiting for the 1.2 release. I'm not pushing for a BDAc release, just confused is all.

Keep up the excelence work.

Yeah my fault, sorry for the confusion, i was doing some editing in preparation for release and spacedock insists on sending emails to let you know..  (i will not make the same mistake again)

So although (technically) they will work in 1.2, BDAc is not yet updated, so although you can use the current parts as  listed on spacedock, the download does not advance a version of contain the new parts all of which will be released when BDAc is released

17 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Yeah my fault, sorry for the confusion, i was doing some editing in preparation for release and spacedock insists on sending emails to let you know..  (i will not make the same mistake again)

So although (technically) they will work in 1.2, BDAc is not yet updated, so although you can use the current parts as  listed on spacedock, the download does not advance a version of contain the new parts all of which will be released when BDAc is released

Nah, I should have figured that was the case. I just didn't know if you had added something that mean that they don't need BDAc to work.

2 hours ago, andreasblom said:

Is there a radial minigun? 

, Two, a large one 75mm, and a small 20/30mm cant recall which right now, but yeah :)

8 hours ago, coyotepunk05 said:

I have been thinking about doing some world war 2 tank battles once my main mods are updated to 1.2 and I was wondering if you could a m4 Sherman turret to the mod

Hi, I'd not be keen on adding one to Boomsticks but likely could be persuaded to add one to OST (also run and supported from here)  which has most of the tank turrets, I've done and repaired .  Mainly due to the fact i find they are not that popular, and a niche item, among niche items,  once the latest update is done I'll take a look, wouldn't count on having it soon though as my other projects demand a lot more of my time than these mods do,.   Thanks for your interest though

On 31/10/2016 at 0:25 AM, andreasblom said:

Good, A radial grenade launcher wouldn't be bad for an ac130

Hi, if you've taken a look at the BD FPS stuff you'll find grenade launchers there, but, really all they are is reconfigured cannons, and low powered ones at that,  and with very peculiar shell paths, these paths, the result of very low shell speed, are the main limitation to making larger aircraft mountable versions.  I don't see it working for aircraft at all well, could be wrong, but it wouldn't be half as versatile or as useful as any other radial mounted weapon. Those reservations aside,  any other type in radial form is very doable.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all i've been quiet lately due to involvements with other equally intensive projects including BDAc, things have calmed massively over the past week and i can now do something I've been meaning to do since returning to mod making for KSP.  Boomsticks is dead. Say hello to SM Armory, why? because when i started this mod there weren't any others, so i could afford a comedy name as it was BDAc and Boomsticks or skillful, after the passing of the years many more weapons mods have arrived and Boomsticks does not tell you what it is, and unless of a certain age the reference will be lost to many, and it's not a comedy gun mod, well i don't see it that way.  SM Armory fits in with everything else I'm doing and it's readily apparent what it is. A weapons mod, and a damn big one at that.  SO upon release of the 1.2.1 update Boomsticks will disappear from spacedock and be replaced by SM Armory, at the same time this thread will be given a birthday and moved up to addon releases.

This also marks a turning point in development in that while improvements will still be made no more new things will be added to the  SM Armory mod folder, instead they will be available via a separate download, why, first take a look at the change log for the 1.2.1 update

Version 0.99.12.11  SM_Armory
Name change
new agents identity
KSpedia entries------soon
added Bushmaster turret with mesh switching base
added 75mm WW1 field gun
added 76mm RU field gun
added heavy 155 mm field artillery
added small gun carriage wheel
added large heavy gun carriage wheel
added GoalKeeperBDAcMK16X BDAc goalkeeper combined missile turret
added Bofors MK110 57mm turret
added quad bofors 4x 57mm turret
added MAC30revB CIWS 30mm turret mounted gatling
added Themis CIWS 30mm gatlimg and missile launcher
added Eurayle Ciws combo missile gatling turret

SO as you see quite a lot of stuff and I'm a little uncertain if that's all of it.  I was discussing the upcoming kspedia entries with a friend and they mentioned the size problem, well it's nearly 100 parts, it's grown massively since I've returned, and while i use pretty much everything in one way or another it was mentioned that not everyone will and isn't 100 parts enough?  Well the answer to that is yes and no, yes it's quite a few, but i still have things rattling around in my head that i want to do,  I've got a two page list of requests, so in time i could likely double the size from the 100 parts ish it is now.  Some of the request items are very specific so likely not to everyones taste, some of things i want to do, like the battlebots are going to appeal to a very small group. So rather than making the download overburdened with stuff some will never use. It stops here and I make all new parts and addon to the addon as it were.  The first of these will be made alongside the main release of SM Armory for 1,2,1. This first addon addon will be the battle bots, in good guy and bad guy full size versions and a special kerbal sized version for FPS giggles, i was going to put the tiny one in BD FPS but it's slightly outside the scope , so it goes with the two big ones.  

If you've any opinions or thoughts I'd be interested to read them,  but the name change is done and tested and nothing broke, so there is no chance that decision will be reversed.   

Below Battle Bot Badguy  and microbot Kerbal sized destruction

pO0llKC.png

J7yBdCU.png

ISBKNye.png

CZhFlQl.png

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)

38 minutes ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Hey i don't see why not , it's go nicely on the latest :BP stuff,  I reckon I'll go with the dome turreted  version as it's a lot cleaner when closed up, though a naked version for vehicle mount could be entertaining

Well if you make the dome one the turret is easy. Just delete the lid and your done. And agreed. It would look great for some vehicle / boat builds not having the dome.

On Tuesday, November 15, 2016 at 3:57 PM, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

Boomsticks is dead. Say hello to SM Armory, why? because when i started this mod there weren't any others, so i could afford a comedy name as it was BDAc and Boomsticks or skillful, after the passing of the years many more weapons mods have arrived and Boomsticks does not tell you what it is, and unless of a certain age the reference will be lost to many

"Alright you Primitive Screwheads, listen up!  ... You see this?

This... is my BOOMSTICK!

The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line ... You can find this in the sporting goods department.

That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger.

That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

You got that? :mad:"

-----------------------------------------------

Gonna miss the name but that is the cost of progress ... time to go pro paintballer :wink: