[1.4.X] SM Armory Group. See Note First post Ref BDA 1.2.2.2

SpannerMonkey(smce)

6 hours ago, Hs.Panda said:

Hey SP, is there any chance of making maybe a modular version of the UD4 belly turret

who?  Modular turrets are not possible in BDA. However in SM Stryker Armory and Aerospace  you will  find the items below , created to work with the bomber cockpit and bays.

tailgun

vfXKCx5.png

and the smartie belly or top turret

Ox1Yk41.png

2 hours ago, SpannerMonkey(smce) said:

who?  Modular turrets are not possible in BDA. However in SM Stryker Armory and Aerospace  you will  find the items below , created to work with the bomber cockpit and bays.

tailgun

vfXKCx5.png

and the smartie belly or top turret

Ox1Yk41.png

Oooo!!!! Goodie! :)...hmm i thought i had that mod but maybe not? =/ thx :D

Love your mods btw, ive slowly been having all my kerbals blow each other up with everything xD

• WARNING,  NON Of the linked items from this point on are suitable for V1 BDA , USE WITH  BDA Damage and Armor overhaul only

This version as warned completely changes the internal structure of the mod. Under no circumstances should it be merged with existing versions or used with normal v1 BDA. This version and all future versions will not work with previous BDA versions

Included is a newly updated SM industries. 1 copy only required for all SMI mods

If you parts do not appear you have made an error in the installation

the correct filepaths are as follows

KSP/GameData/SM_industries

KSP/GameData/SM_Armory

There are a couple of new items,  LAWS turrets in shielded and bare versions, quad bofors,  16" and 51/4inch WW2 turrets, a bomb or two,  many things have had a visit either fixing moving nodes or details.

We have worked for a good while to make sure all is as it should be, if anything does turn up amiss, please let me know either here or via the github issues page.

jXPt2uG.png

More betas incoming

SMI_MissilesLaunchers Beta 1 BDA damage overhaul only

A mod for KSP that adds missiles and launchers . to compliment SM Armory and SM Marine etc
Created to slow the growth of SM Armory and enable clearer definition between the parts
Aims to provide a range of missiles and launchers aimed for use on and around ships.

V0.1.1.0-beta
BDA damage overhaul beta version
initial distribution

Please note there is little to no backward compatibility this mod is intended for use with KSP 1.3.1 and BDA Damage and armor overhaul versions only

Do not merge or overwrite any existing folders, ALL beta updates must be clean install.

Includes updated SM Industries which must also be installed. Only one version of SMI is required for all the mods please use the latest version only and do not overwrite or merge with previous versions

We have worked for a good while to make sure all is as it should be, if anything does turn up amiss, please let me know either here or via the github issues page.

nGs8RBz.png

Spoiler

WFei9a0.gif

SM_AFVs 131 Beta 0.9.1.99 BDA Damage Overhaul version

As with the other uploads, this version has been reworked to utilise the BDA damage and armor overhaul and is not suitable for BDA V1

All the same instructions apply, clean installs definitely no merging

New tanks category and tank track texture switch

Featuring the M2 SM2 modular tank , based on the original M1 all modules are now distinct objects and can be destroyed independently of the craft

Jb8N2Le.png

SM_OSTandT Old School Turrets and Tanks

PRE 50's armored vehicles .
Further building on the original OST mod
Various full builds available M4 , Tiger Patton etc , More to come

This version of for those wishing to use the latest BDA BETA versions in KSP 1.3.1 only

Do not merge or overwrite any existing folders, ALL beta updates must be clean install.

Not compatible though craft safe for older versions of OST REDUX

Includes updated SM Industries which must also be installed. Only one version of SMI is required for all the mods please use the latest version only and do not overwrite or merge with previous versions

MKQ70az.png

uvWypvd.png

Edited by SpannerMonkey(smce)
another beta

18 minutes ago, Matuchkin said:

Great mod, in all earnest, but can we not arbitrarily throw around the line "superior to everything American in every way"?

But it is superior to everything 'American' in every way ... DISCLAIMER: American in this context is being used to describe the United States and is not meant to infer Canada, Mexico or South American countries

Edited by DoctorDavinci

1 minute ago, DoctorDavinci said:

But it is superior to everything 'American' in every way ... DISCLAIMER: American in this context is being used to describe the United States and is not meant to infer Canada, Mexico or South American countries

No. It's debatable. Soviet tech is characterised by a lack of high-tech electronic systems but highly rugged design, while American tech is characterised by a huge amount of spatial awareness and control. Saying that a piece of Soviet technology is superior to anything American, or vice versa, is quite ignorant, no offense.

7 minutes ago, Matuchkin said:

No. It's debatable. Soviet tech is characterised by a lack of high-tech electronic systems but highly rugged design, while American tech is characterised by a huge amount of spatial awareness and control. Saying that a piece of Soviet technology is superior to anything American, or vice versa, is quite ignorant, no offense.

Well then I guess I shall revel in my ignorance seeing as your expertise is well above any experience I have with military weaponry :wink:

6 minutes ago, DoctorDavinci said:

Well then I guess I shall revel in my ignorance seeing as your expertise is well above any experience I have with military weaponry :wink:

My expertise isn't above yours in any way, and I did not intend to sound like that, sorry. It's just that it is always best to refrain from such phrasing when discussing history.

3 hours ago, Matuchkin said:

can we not arbitrarily throw around the line "superior to everything American in every way"?

I think fretting over a throw away description, on what, one missile, is getting a little silly  and I'm fairly sure (Know)  it doesn't say American at all.  There're no politics in my mods, no allegiance, no nationalist favoritism. Any inferences drawn are solely on the part of the user.

4 hours ago, Matuchkin said:

My expertise isn't above yours in any way, and I did not intend to sound like that, sorry. It's just that it is always best to refrain from such phrasing when discussing history.

Not sure “history” can be used as an excuse since at its core this is a game about little green men and space exploration.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/3/2018 at 10:03 PM, Cdodders said:

Any chance of a few gun and rocket pods like these?

Hi

The AS rocket turret is already on the list for the near future.  The triple gun turret , presumably 2 light one heavy, is still on the list of unobtainable things, only one gun type per turret allowed for.  Heli suitable rocket pods i've already done in one of my development mods, which I'll be deciding the future of shortly, either broken up into other mods or released as a thing.

9 minutes ago, Talos said:

Hey, is the Polaris and Bulava missiles suppose to be conventional or are they nukes?

Hi, SM weaponry has no nuke code (ie NKD or BDA Weapons Extension). They are 'conventional' in their explosions but pack a lot more of the explosive code via BDAc than smaller weapons. There are also 'cluster' versions that spread out the damage in a wider area.

Will all the other tanks and maybe the humvee be eventually be turned into seperate pieces like the new M1 Abrams made for the update?

11 hours ago, Murican_Jeb said:

Will all the other tanks and maybe the humvee be eventually be turned into seperate pieces like the new M1 Abrams made for the update?

Hi,  it's possible but it's much easier to plan that kind of part separation from the start rather than rewinding and trying to work out how to do it from an already complete model. Some of the current hulls don't really allow much(any) room for maneuver and chopping into them is not an option, well if i was prepared to be half assed then yeah could be done, but it would likely look nasty and I try not to do that these days.

Anything new will be modularised if appropriate, though i doubt the value of modularising things like the HMV as even in UA form they're a bit of a tin can and shouldn't really be in the front lines. 

There's also an issue regarding mod size as AFV's already contains 123 cfg files and some 150 .mu's  , and although some parts could be shared (fuel tanks batteries etc)  the main lumps would be unique so likely to add an extra 3 parts per vehicle.

8 minutes ago, Cdodders said:

Building on the trucks and afvs, would you consider parts for things like the SCUD TEL, Iskander TEL, Topol TEL and LARS?

Hi, Spanner has a few TEL systems in the SM Missiles and Launchers mod here: https://github.com/SpannerMonkey/SMI_MissilesLaunchers/releases/tag/v0.1.1.0-beta

IIRC there is at the very least a Scud and a Topol-style launcher.

3 minutes ago, XOC2008 said:

Ah yes. I have been prodding Spanner on occasion for that myself!

I do like the optimism of the Russians, with the fire extinguishers on the front. If Im anywhere near one of them when it catches fire I plan on Didi Mau-ing AFAFP

I'd like to report a bug.

The Rocket Box doesn't work as intended, it doesn't display any of the BDAc rockets, instead it appears empty when it cycles through those configurations. If i leave the SPH/VAB with it set on one of those configurations, the game crashes(without a report). 

Is there something i'm missing ?