[1.12.x] KRASH - Kerbal Ramification Artificial Simulation Hub (simulation mod for KSP) - Cost settings have been change

linuxgurugamer

• 2 weeks later...

I got a quick question; is it possible in a simulation to dock a simulated spacecraft with a "real" spacecraft (IE not simulated but already present before the start of the simulation)? I'm asking because the other day I tried to dock a new (Simulated) base module to an existing (real) base module and the two modules simply would not dock. I figured one of three things may cause this:

1: the modules are incompatible, this has proven to be untrue because I made exact clones of both craft and they docked just as I intended at KSC

2: the modules are on a slope (they are) and the slight angle difference prevents them from docking, I still consider this as a possibility

3: KRASH prevents me from docking a simulated craft with a real craft (that's what I'm trying to figure out with this post)

• 2 weeks later...

hey, @linuxgurugamer, I'm having a problem with the KSP 1.3.1 and latest KRASH version. When I set up simulation to start at the surface of any planet ("Landed"), the craft spawns ~2.5 km above surface, and then descends at 1.1 m/s. I can't do anything except rotate until it touches the ground, and that takes forever. It used to spawn 20 m above ground or so, not 2.5 km. The "Altitude" setting doesn't seem to change anything at all. How can I fix this?

4 hours ago, aluc24 said:

hey, @linuxgurugamer, I'm having a problem with the KSP 1.3.1 and latest KRASH version. When I set up simulation to start at the surface of any planet ("Landed"), the craft spawns ~2.5 km above surface, and then descends at 1.1 m/s. I can't do anything except rotate until it touches the ground, and that takes forever. It used to spawn 20 m above ground or so, not 2.5 km. The "Altitude" setting doesn't seem to change anything at all. How can I fix this?

Well, to start, your log file

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The idea of a simulation within a game/simulation is so recursively meta, it makes me snicker every time I consider it. 

But this is such a time- and sanity-saver, because I can design from the other end of a mission (what do I need to return from the Mun with a science payload?*) and expand from there (now that I can take off from the Mun and return to Kerbin, what do I need to add to deorbit and land on the Mun? Now what do I need to add to transfer-orbit from LKO to the Mun?)

I can (and have) also find out not the hard way that some elements have doors in unexpected places, for when I want the little darlings to EVA. (don't ask how they got in, if they can't get out...)

It is also exceptionally helpful in finding out how mods work 'in the real world' without taking 'real time'. {brain detects over-meta condition and krakens}  Ow.  More coffee.

Alas, I need to report a small "buglet"/interaction, which might not be fixable.

I use QuickStart to save a minute and some irritating mouseclicking.  If I go directly into VAB/SPH, when I try to use KRASH later it only allows KSC Hangar or Runway as choices.  The Orbit and Landed tabs are there, but if clicked on, they only show a blank gray window, without even a close/cancel option.  I have to click on the Sim button again to close the KRASH window.  If I go out to the KSC overview page (there's likely a better name for that, but I'm still caffeinating this morning) and back to VAB/SPH, the Orbit and Landed tabs in KRASH work as normal.

I'm thinking KRASH is missing an initialization when QuickStart'd into the VAB/SPH.

*: I'm lame and slow. Don't judge.

Edited by InterplanetJanet
what do I do to close the window?

3 hours ago, awang said:

Hey @linuxgurugamer, I created some PRs to add functionality that will be useful for RP-0 players once the new release drops. Could you take a look? Thanks!

I saw, will get to it during the week.

Thanks

On 2/1/2018 at 9:48 AM, InterplanetJanet said:

Alas, I need to report a small "buglet"/interaction, which might not be fixable.

I use QuickStart to save a minute and some irritating mouseclicking.  If I go directly into VAB/SPH, when I try to use KRASH later it only allows KSC Hangar or Runway as choices.  The Orbit and Landed tabs are there, but if clicked on, they only show a blank gray window, without even a close/cancel option.  I have to click on the Sim button again to close the KRASH window.  If I go out to the KSC overview page (there's likely a better name for that, but I'm still caffeinating this morning) and back to VAB/SPH, the Orbit and Landed tabs in KRASH work as normal.

I'll look in to this, but since there is an easy work-around, it's not a high priority.

• 2 weeks later...

I have run into a mysterious UI locking up bug. It is hard to reproduce, but sometimes happens during scene change, or when clicking the Launch Simulation button in the KRASH window. Here is are some exceptions I noticed in my logs: 

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

[BetterTimeWarp]: Settings saved

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

Game State Saved to saves/Career1/KRASHRevert

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ScreenMessages.PostMessage (.ScreenMessage current, System.String msg, .ScreenMessagesText textPrefab, Single duration, ScreenMessageStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ScreenMessages.PostScreenMessage (System.String message, .ScreenMessage msg) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EditorLogic.launchVessel () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KRASH.LaunchGUI.LaunchSim () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KRASH.LaunchGUI.drawRightSelectorWindow (SelectionType type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KRASH.LaunchGUI.drawSelectorWindow (Int32 id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

at ScreenMessages.PostMessage (.ScreenMessage current, System.String msg, .ScreenMessagesText textPrefab, Single duration, ScreenMessageStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ScreenMessages.PostScreenMessage (System.String message, Single duration, ScreenMessageStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KRASH.KRASH.DoSimulationNotification () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at ScreenMessages.PostScreenMessage (System.String message, Single duration, ScreenMessageStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

[KCT] Writing to persistence.

[KCT] Saving KSC Stock

2/12/2018 8:29:11 PM,ResearchBodies,RBGameSettings Saving Complete

2/12/2018 8:29:11 PM,ResearchBodies,ResearchBodies Scenario OnSave completed.

[UPFM]: Saved

[MessageSystem] Save Messages

[BetterTimeWarp]: Settings saved

Game State Saved to saves/Career1/KRASHRevert

at ScreenMessages.PostScreenMessage (System.String message, .ScreenMessage msg) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at EditorLogic.launchVessel () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KRASH.LaunchGUI.LaunchSim () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KRASH.LaunchGUI.drawRightSelectorWindow (SelectionType type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KRASH.LaunchGUI.drawSelectorWindow (Int32 id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

[Toolbar] [INFO] button destroyed: ScienceChecklist.checklist_button

[Toolbar] [INFO] button destroyed: ScienceChecklist.status_button

Setting up 2 worker threads for Enlighten.
  Thread -> id: 3978 -> priority: 1 
  Thread -> id: 1b18 -> priority: 1 
[Toolbar] [INFO] button destroyed: AdvancedTweakablesButton.AdvancedTweakablesButton

[UIApp] OnDestroy: EngineersReport

ScaleModList: listSize 697 maxListSize 1001

This is an intermittent bug, it doesn't always happen. Sometimes I can play for a few hours, some times it happens right after loading the game. 

Hi @linuxgurugamer, I think there might be a bug with saving the atmospheric multiplier in a custom cfg. It apparently resets to 1 when starting the game, and even when switching between different configs, this parameter is not stored correctly but sticks to the last selected predefined config when selecting a custom config.

I'm seeing the same issue as @Errol. When I try to start the sim, in the default Kerbin orbital selection, the UI is frozen (except the KRASH window itself). I can still mouseover/highlight parts, but my clicks are blocked. It's acting like the KRASH UI...well, crashed...and didn't give control back to the VAB. This may have been caused by force-closing the game (Alt-F4) while KRASH was trying to load a sim. Looks like the first KRASH error is this (which, interestingly, seems to be caused by ScrapYard): 

[EXC 18:52:09.159] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	ScrapYard.GlobalSettings.SaveSettings ()
	ScrapYard.ScrapYard.OnDestroy ()
	UnityEngine.Object:DestroyImmediate(Object)
	ScenarioRunner:OnGameSceneLoadRequested(GameScenes)
	EventData`1:Fire(GameScenes)
	HighLogic:LoadScene(GameScenes)
	Game:Start()
	KRASH.KRASH:Deactivate(GameScenes)
	KRASH.KRASH:Start()

KSP.log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=17vsxo-sWELryp4xSovLcAPD6Qw4SPLyn

@magico13 any thoughts from the ScrapYard side? I seem to be using a version designed for KSP 1.2.8, and am running 1.3.1, so that's likely at least part of the issue. I'll report back after updating ScrapYard (surprised it worked for this long...)

UPDATE: turns out the version file is just wrong, and I'm actually using ScrapYard version 0.9.6.70.

UPDATE 2: deleting "ScrapYard/PluginData/ScrapYard.cfg" and letting it regenerate solved the issue.

Edited by coolguy8445

8 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Scrapyard is touching the internals of KRASH, I believe.  So the solution makes sense.

please notify the author of this issue

It isn't, TweakScale is the only mod I am interacting with directly. It looks like KRASH is asking for a scene change (ie, deactivate) and ScrapYard is throwing an error during the OnDestroy. Definitely a ScrapYard issue that just happened to occur during a KRASH requested scene change.

38 minutes ago, magico13 said:

It isn't, TweakScale is the only mod I am interacting with directly. It looks like KRASH is asking for a scene change (ie, deactivate) and ScrapYard is throwing an error during the OnDestroy. Definitely a ScrapYard issue that just happened to occur during a KRASH requested scene change.

Ok, thanks

Okay, got one for you, was running a simulation testing a helicopter, and it failed amazingly, but as it was crashing, for some reason, KSP jumped me to the tracking station, and when I exited the tracking station, I was back at the main KSC interface, but the sim was still running, and I could not access to controls to end the sim. when I loaded one of my vessels in flight, I still had no way to end the sim. game eventually crashed. Here's a link to the outputlog, and a copy of my save game folder, since it crashed out I have no idea if it actually captured any of what happened or not. Pretty sure it did though, as both the kerbals I had in the sim are showing as dead. they don't appear to have returned as they normally do after a sim ends.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nnvyf6310qbr5t4/AABeUCvvadPsaX-VBV54GZOia?dl=0

Edited by vardicd

On ‎3‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 11:41 PM, vardicd said:

Okay, got one for you, was running a simulation testing a helicopter, and it failed amazingly, but as it was crashing, for some reason, KSP jumped me to the tracking station, and when I exited the tracking station, I was back at the main KSC interface, but the sim was still running, and I could not access to controls to end the sim. when I loaded one of my vessels in flight, I still had no way to end the sim. game eventually crashed. Here's a link to the outputlog, and a copy of my save game folder, since it crashed out I have no idea if it actually captured any of what happened or not. Pretty sure it did though, as both the kerbals I had in the sim are showing as dead. they don't appear to have returned as they normally do after a sim ends.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nnvyf6310qbr5t4/AABeUCvvadPsaX-VBV54GZOia?dl=0

Seems like something straight out of the Matrix to me.

• 2 weeks later...

I am sorry, mi english is so bad :,V. First i builded a simple rocket and started simulationX3Mwleo.png

Now i cant use the right click. For example: we using right click and moving the mouse use the camera, but, i cant. 

vN2GEkn.png

However i can see this if i do right click in a part. Maybe is only with the camera.Anyway only happen with this mod, not in a normal launch.
KHhbYxj.png

15 minutes ago, MaxwellsDemon said:

Not formally asking for support just yet-- but has anyone else been having trouble getting the KRASH "Sim" button to appear in the VAB?  (I'm still checking to see if my Windows Defender is at fault, so the problem might be local on my end...)

It's been working fine for me. I had to exclude the KSP folder from windows defender since mods are getting flagged left and right for some reason.