[1.12.x] KRASH - Kerbal Ramification Artificial Simulation Hub (simulation mod for KSP) - Cost settings have been change

linuxgurugamer

12 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ummm, well, you are running a simulation, it costs money and time to run a sim on a computer.

Right.  But I'm running the sim to see if the rocket can do what I want it to, not to watch an engine blow up and lose the time and funds to not find out the answer.

3 hours ago, razark said:

Right.  But I'm running the sim to see if the rocket can do what I want it to, not to watch an engine blow up and lose the time and funds to not find out the answer.

I hear you, not sure what I can do right now, but might be able to look at this during my stream this evening

37 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I hear you, not sure what I can do right now, but might be able to look at this during my stream this evening

I was just looking to see if this was already a thing that I had overlooked, not trying to add to your load. 

(Although, if you do get around to it someday, I would not be unhappy.)

I consider this mod essential in combination with Kerbal Construction time. Fantastic work! It adds so much realism.

I did encounter a bug, though. It appears only occasionally though:

I tested a rocket in KRASH from the VAB. Then I terminated the simulation and went back to the VAB, then clicked on orange exit button to get back to the space center, but instead I land where I last terminated the simulation (e.g. in orbit around kerbin with the spacecraft there). If I bring up the menu via ESC, I still get the option to terminate the simulation, but doing so nothing happens. So I end up with the spacecraft being in orbit (or whereever I last left it before terminating KRASH while I had used it from the VAB), but without actually properly built the spacecraft in KCT.

Nothing major, as I can just destroy the craft from the tracking station. It seems though that somehow the scenarios of 'simulated' and 'real' get mixed up.

21 hours ago, FasterThanFlourite said:

I consider this mod essential in combination with Kerbal Construction time. Fantastic work! It adds so much realism.

I did encounter a bug, though. It appears only occasionally though:

I tested a rocket in KRASH from the VAB. Then I terminated the simulation and went back to the VAB, then clicked on orange exit button to get back to the space center, but instead I land where I last terminated the simulation (e.g. in orbit around kerbin with the spacecraft there). If I bring up the menu via ESC, I still get the option to terminate the simulation, but doing so nothing happens. So I end up with the spacecraft being in orbit (or whereever I last left it before terminating KRASH while I had used it from the VAB), but without actually properly built the spacecraft in KCT.

Nothing major, as I can just destroy the craft from the tracking station. It seems though that somehow the scenarios of 'simulated' and 'real' get mixed up.

close the game and start over (sorry) load a save

you are at risk of losing work

this happened to me once (a long time ago) and if it was not for LG`s mod "auto saves and screen shot" i wold have lost close to a week of playing (no persistent saves doring sim)

p.s
i never close the game, it just run 24/7 using KOS scripts to run my ships wen im sleeping or at work

Edited by danielboro

Very true.

But I also encounter a bug. Kerbin vanished, when i started the simulation. After that, (restarting the game) I cannot start any simulation anymore, nor can i left the vab after i clicked on start simulation!

After another restart it works fine again. I believe. it has sth to do with the "Colonists!" Mod, since i put in a colonist in a module when it crashed.

Edited by eldorim
moar info

14 hours ago, eldorim said:

Very true.

But I also encounter a bug. Kerbin vanished, when i started the simulation. After that, (restarting the game) I cannot start any simulation anymore, nor can i left the vab after i clicked on start simulation!

After another restart it works fine again. I believe. it has sth to do with the "Colonists!" Mod, since i put in a colonist in a module when it crashed.

Can you replicate this?  

In this case,  I would need to you create a new install and only put the minimal mods in to replicate; ie:  KRASH (and it's dependencies) and Colonists (and it's dependencies).  Then send me a list of the exact steps you did to replicate it.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, danielboro said:

hello @linuxgurugamer

CanQuickSave = False
            CanQuickLoad = False
failed to go back to true after a number of sims (including at list 1 crase )

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tjk47qfxlx1ss3p/‏‏output_log.7z?dl=0

Your file is full of exceptions totally unrelated to this

But it looks like there is a bad contract which is causing some of the errors:

Input is null for field 'agent' in config node 'CONTRACT'
   at System.Environment.get_StackTrace()
   at ConfigNode.AddValue(System.String name, System.String value)
   at Contracts.Contract.Save(.ConfigNode node)
   at Contracts.ContractSystem.OnSave(.ConfigNode gameNode)
   at ScenarioModule.Save(.ConfigNode node)
   at ProtoScenarioModule..ctor(.ScenarioModule module)
   at ScenarioRunner.UpdateModules()
   at ScenarioRunner.GetUpdatedProtoModules()
   at Game.Updated(GameScenes startSceneOverride)
   at GamePersistence.SaveGame(System.String saveFileName, System.String saveFolder, SaveMode saveMode, GameScenes startScene)
   at GamePersistence.SaveGame(System.String saveFileName, System.String saveFolder, SaveMode saveMode)
   at KRASH.KRASH.Activate()
   at KRASH.LaunchGUI.LaunchSim()
   at KRASH.LaunchGUI.drawRightSelectorWindow(SelectionType type)
   at KRASH.LaunchGUI.drawSelectorWindow(Int32 id)
   at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate(UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, Int32 instanceID, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I see this thread isn't very active but I'm hoping people still watch it...

I'm using KRASH with RemoteTech and I've found this presents a problem. When I simulate a probe orbiting the Mun, I find that I have no connection to it - so naturally I can't control it and actually do my simulation! RemoteTech requires that a directional antenna be pointed at a target to get a connection, but this can't be done in advance of starting the simulation.

Is there any way around this?

Thanks!

On 1/11/2019 at 1:01 PM, Agustin said:

i think it should work. Maybe something wrong in your install?
At RP-1 everyone uses both and it works.

Hmm perhaps there is. I'm using a lot of mods in addition, including Kerbalism, so perhaps there's some interference there too. I'm a little worried about losing my career progress if I start messing with the install though.

Instead, I think I might try this: I'll make the range on the small omnidirectional antenna (which I never otherwise use) a Very Big Number, and stick that on anything I want to simulate. Line-of-sight will still be an issue in case I ever simulate on the far side of the Mun or something, but I can live with that I think.

Thanks.

1 hour ago, squidgeny said:

Hmm perhaps there is. I'm using a lot of mods in addition, including Kerbalism, so perhaps there's some interference there too. I'm a little worried about losing my career progress if I start messing with the install though.

Instead, I think I might try this: I'll make the range on the small omnidirectional antenna (which I never otherwise use) a Very Big Number, and stick that on anything I want to simulate. Line-of-sight will still be an issue in case I ever simulate on the far side of the Mun or something, but I can live with that I think.

Thanks.

If you are worried, then copy the entire KSP directory and do your testing in the copy

When simulating in RP-1 ksp 1.3.1 , sometimes TestFlight starts sending lots of messages, growing my log file quite large and dropping fps.
[LOG 00:37:16.144] 1/16/2019 12:37:16 AM,TestFlightCore,Setting HideUI = False
[LOG 00:37:16.146] 1/16/2019 12:37:16 AM,TestFlightCore,Setting HideUI = False
[LOG 00:37:16.148] 1/16/2019 12:37:16 AM,TestFlightCore,Setting HideUI = False
[LOG 00:37:16.150] 1/16/2019 12:37:16 AM,TestFlightCore,Setting HideUI = False

lots of those messages.

Should I talk to testflight ? It only happens on simulation

Edited by Agustin

4 hours ago, Agustin said:

When simulating in RP-1 ksp 1.3.1 , sometimes TestFlight starts sending lots of messages, growing my log file quite large and dropping fps.
[LOG 00:37:16.144] 1/16/2019 12:37:16 AM,TestFlightCore,Setting HideUI = False
[LOG 00:37:16.146] 1/16/2019 12:37:16 AM,TestFlightCore,Setting HideUI = False
[LOG 00:37:16.148] 1/16/2019 12:37:16 AM,TestFlightCore,Setting HideUI = False
[LOG 00:37:16.150] 1/16/2019 12:37:16 AM,TestFlightCore,Setting HideUI = False

lots of those messages.

Should I talk to testflight ? It only happens on simulation

Well, it's Testflight, so yes.  that looks like a forgotten logging statement

• 2 weeks later...

Just wondering if anyone else was having an issue with time warping while simulating. On-rails warp seems to jump the craft ahead on its orbit some score of degrees before engaging the warp for me. It is likely some mod conflicts in my setup which I plan to isolate some time, but any input would be appreciated.

EDIT: found the ticket on https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/KRASH/issues/26. Guess it's not a freak incident. I'll check it out sometime and report to the github thread.

Edited by Aonova

17 hours ago, Aonova said:

Just wondering if anyone else was having an issue with time warping while simulating. On-rails warp seems to jump the craft ahead on its orbit some score of degrees before engaging the warp for me. It is likely some mod conflicts in my setup which I plan to isolate some time, but any input would be appreciated.

EDIT: found the ticket on https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/KRASH/issues/26. Guess it's not a freak incident. I'll check it out sometime and report to the github thread.

Some more details, please.  Game version, KRASH version, etc.

Do you have Hyperedit installed?

Getting an error if I select the "Landet" or "Orbit selection" button. Windows have no elements in it.

[EXC 01:33:19.874] ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: source
    System.Linq.Check.SourceAndPredicate (System.Object source, System.Object predicate)
    System.Linq.Enumerable.Where[CelestialBodySubtree] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate)
    KRASH.LaunchGUI.drawSelectorWindow (Int32 id)
    UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, Int32 instanceID, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)

Last updates to my mod heavy install:

KIS v1.17
MechJeb2-2.8.1.0-858
ModuleManager. v4.0.1

Was running ok befor updating to this versions.

14 hours ago, Kolago said:

Getting an error if I select the "Landet" or "Orbit selection" button. Windows have no elements in it.

[EXC 01:33:19.874] ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: source
    System.Linq.Check.SourceAndPredicate (System.Object source, System.Object predicate)
    System.Linq.Enumerable.Where[CelestialBodySubtree] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate)
    KRASH.LaunchGUI.drawSelectorWindow (Int32 id)
    UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, Int32 instanceID, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style)

Last updates to my mod heavy install:

KIS v1.17
MechJeb2-2.8.1.0-858
ModuleManager. v4.0.1

Was running ok befor updating to this versions.

Then I suggest that you downgrade those three, verify it works, then update one at a time.  

Let me know which one causes the problem.

Also, while seeing the error is nice, it's mostly useless without the rest of the log file

5 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Then I suggest that you downgrade those three, verify it works, then update one at a time.  

Let me know which one causes the problem.

Also, while seeing the error is nice, it's mostly useless without the rest of the log file

Tests with some older version of KIS, MechJeb2 and ModuleManager dont solve the problem. :-( Very strange.

To my undestandig of the error somethink messes arround with the "CelestialBodySubtree"... so some mod DLL must be involved right?

Edited by Kolago

After some launching and reverting KRASH its back to normal.

Intrestingly I hat some lauches with put my somewhere on Kerbal and not on the lauchpad! Simulation was not active (blinking simulation text was not there). But ESC out if this I get the siumaltion dialog!

So some kind of error in my safe-file is likely to caused the problem. :blink:

I think QuickRevert was the problem. I dont end the simulation propertly!

Edited by Kolago

Hello there! 

I really like this mod, and appreciate the work you've done to create/maintain it. 

I am seeing a peculiar issue after enabling wireframe in the difficulty settings. 

Whenever I perform a simulation, after exiting sim the wireframe is still applied and does not cease until the game is restarted. 

Please let me know if you know anything about what may be causing this issue, or how it can be resolved. 

I am happy to provide logs if you need. 

Thank you!