[1.12.x] KRASH - Kerbal Ramification Artificial Simulation Hub (simulation mod for KSP) - Cost settings have been change

linuxgurugamer

1 minute ago, razark said:

That was quick!  Reinstalled and restarting now.

I'm not sure, but is the "PluginData" also supposed to be a folder?

yes :-(

I'll have to fix that later, just delete it and make it as a folder

sorry, had to change a script, obviously missed this

1 minute ago, linuxgurugamer said:

yes :-(

I'll have to fix that later, just delete it and make it as a folder

I figured and tried that.  Everything seems to be working again.

1 minute ago, linuxgurugamer said:

sorry, had to change a script, obviously missed this

With as many mods as you maintain, I don't think anyone can complain if something slips through.  Thanks again for the quick response.

Trying this out in career for the first time in 1.3 and I've run into a bug and some nullref spam. I am in sandbox, I built a ship with KCT and then rolled it out. I do have the wireframe in simulation option selected, and when I launch the vessel it is viewed as wireframe. Further, I do not see the pause menu show up at all, meaning cannot exit the simulation? Flight scene? I'm not even sure what is going on. Here is my (truncated) log:

EDIT: Just did some reading in the thread and noticed that there are a few people having similar troubles, and it has something to do with when you modify part cfgs and try to load crafts which may have had those parts. As I have not started my career yet I just created a new save game, and the issue did not repeat itself. 

Edited by Errol

3 hours ago, severedsolo said:

@linuxgurugamer - Apologies for this, but I don't have time to go through your code right now.

Is there any way for a mod to determine if the loaded scene is a simulation? I'd like to turn part failures off in UPFM if KRASH is simulating.

It's not designed for it, but if the following is true, the sim is active:

KRASHShelter.persistent.shelterSimulationActive

It's not a true API, so you  will have to first find if it's loaded, and then use reflection to get the value, this so you don't have a build dependency.

I'll see if I can come up with a simple API for you (similar to the toolbar API) so you won't need to jump through hoops.

May not be for a few days, if you write something, I can certainly include it

This looks cool!

1 question, in sandbox mode, is there a big difference between this mod and using hyperedit and stock revert flight, or do they both end up giving the same data? I already have hyperedit so if they do the same thing I'll just either stick with hyperedit or switch over when I upgrade from 1.2.2 to 1.3.

22 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

It's not a true API, so you  will have to first find if it's loaded, and then use reflection to get the value, this so you don't have a build dependency.

No rush, I've just pushed a release for UPFM, and I promised someone I'd work on another WIP Mod, so will probably not be looking at it again for a little while.

Worst case if you don't get to it (with your crazy workload) - I'll cobble something together once that's done.

Hi,
i installed KRASH for simulation purposes to my RSS/RO/RP-0 campaign. It seems it throws this:

[EXC 22:44:36.725] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	KRASH.Hyperedit.OrbitEditor.Simple (.OrbitDriver currentlyEditing, Double altitude, .CelestialBody body)
	KRASH.SimulationPauseMenu.DrawGUI ()
	KRASH.SimulationPauseMenu.OnGUI ()

quite often every second. My log file of 2 hours gameplay has about 70Mb.

Also performance was worse than before - but i also installed other mods...
BTW it was the first startup with KRASH in 1.2.2

Sorry log file allready overwritten - but on the restart KRASH was quiet. So maye its ok.
It runs on 1.2.2 and i installed the latest KRASH version (for KSP1.2.2) via CKAN.

Sorry again should have known to save the file immediatly...

Edited by KroShan
clearification

13 hours ago, KroShan said:

Sorry log file allready overwritten - but on the restart KRASH was quiet. So maye its ok.
It runs on 1.2.2 and i installed the latest KRASH version (for KSP1.2.2) via CKAN.

Sorry again should have known to save the file immediatly...

If it happens again, you will know what to do :D

Hi!

I'm having trouble with configuration window. If I understand correctly it should appear when I right click on the SIM button, right? Nothing happens when I do that. I tried that on the space center and the VAB. I just removing and reinstalling the mod and it still doesn't work.

I'm using the latest RP0 with all the suggested mods, ksp v1.2.

I was trying to remove the cost from the simulation. Is it possible to do that in any other way?

On 6/18/2017 at 7:43 AM, rgargente said:

Hi!

I'm having trouble with configuration window. If I understand correctly it should appear when I right click on the SIM button, right? Nothing happens when I do that. I tried that on the space center and the VAB. I just removing and reinstalling the mod and it still doesn't work.

I'm using the latest RP0 with all the suggested mods, ksp v1.2.

I was trying to remove the cost from the simulation. Is it possible to do that in any other way?

configuration is now in standard game settings.

At the Space Center scene, hit escape, and go to settings, then click the button to get to the advanced settings, you should see it along the left.

aegtebs.jpg

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

configuration is now in standard game settings.

At the Space Center scene, hit escape, and go to settings, then click the button to get to the advanced settings, you should see it along the left.

Thanks for your reply but still no luck! I attach a screenshot so you can see the SIM icon is there but the options are not. Or maybe I have to check my eyesight! 

Hi, I installed version 0.5.23.1 and it appears green in the Automatic Version Checker window, but ingame there is no SIM button on the interface. What should I check to troubleshoot this?

edit

Solved it, apparently what I got from github did not work correctly even though AVC identified it as the latest version. Downloading the latest version from Spacedock worked

Edited by Fast-and-Free

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I may have found a bug: I am trying to use this mod to practise creating a network of 3 satellites around the Mun. I start with a single craft in orbit around the Mun and after some separations and maneuvers all of the crafts have their orbits set to the same starting altitude that I specified in the simulation dialog. If I then attempt to switch to one of the vessels they are ripped apart and explode instantly. I have reproduced it twice so far.

Otherwise, this is a great little mod.

• 3 weeks later...

@linuxgurugamer, is there anyway version of this running in 1.22, or anyway I can convert it down? I've tried running it, and it works, except the end simulation buttons don't appear

edit - I've just read the changelog, don't worry

Edited by H.Chapman
clarification