[1.12.x] KRASH - Kerbal Ramification Artificial Simulation Hub (simulation mod for KSP) - Cost settings have been change

linuxgurugamer

1 hour ago, SpacedInvader said:

@linuxgurugamer, testing the DLL now on my regular install. I did change shelterSimulationActive from false to true in my persistent file, what does that do exactly?

The changes are apparently working, as I was able to sim and exit as well as launch and exit normally. I'm also not seeing any NRE's related to KRASH (they were there last night, but I was frustrated from my experience and didn't think to upload them). Curious if you can suggest any specific action that might have caused the issue previously so that I can test it out.

There was an issue where you could, while landed during a sim, either recover the craft or go to the space center.  KRASH still thought the sim is active.  The latest update fixed that, but if you had done it without realizing, the symptoms would have been exactly what you described.

Re that section in the persistent file, you should have deleted it, not changed it.  It stores some internal information for KRASH which indicates whether the save file is in a sim or not.  This enables KRASH to recover the correct file after the game crashes

4 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

There was an issue where you could, while landed during a sim, either recover the craft or go to the space center.  KRASH still thought the sim is active.  The latest update fixed that, but if you had done it without realizing, the symptoms would have been exactly what you described.

Re that section in the persistent file, you should have deleted it, not changed it.  It stores some internal information for KRASH which indicates whether the save file is in a sim or not.  This enables KRASH to recover the correct file after the game crashes

Ahh, I guess I missed that part. Will do so now.

With the newest version, I'm still unable to quicksave / load while outside of the sim. I know for a fact that I've done both on this career, so I know its not game start settings. Any suggestions about how to fix this?

Edited by SpacedInvader

15 hours ago, SpacedInvader said:

With the newest version, I'm still unable to quicksave / load while outside of the sim. I know for a fact that I've done both on this career, so I know its not game start settings. Any suggestions about how to fix this?

Send me the save file, please, I'll take a look tomorrow

1 minute ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Send me the save file, please, I'll take a look tomorrow

Managed to fix it on my own actually... manually changed the limitation in the persistent.sfs and haven't had issue since. I'm guessing that when I had the original problem, KRASH had set the quicksave / load to false and then when I corrected it with the instructions you gave me earlier, those settings never got reverted back to non-sim mode.

7 hours ago, -MadMan- said:

I have low FPS in simulation

FLY(No sim) - 120FPS

Simulation - 60FPS

Only KRASH. No other mods...

Career or sandbox mod?

I just turned off vsync and saw the problem.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

16 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Career or sandbox mod?

I just turned off vsync and saw the problem.

I found the problem, will fix it this evening.    It has to do with the new code I added to lock the altimeterslider

Thanks for the report

Edited by linuxgurugamer

37 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I found the problem, will fix it this evening.    It has to do with the new code I added to lock the altimeterslider

Thanks for the report

This is fixed, just finished uploading new version:  0.5.9

Hi there. Really liking the mod so fat, but I noticed a fair number of exceptions in my log. 

The first one appeared repeatedly I think when I was trying to look at the KRASH settings window in the KSC, but it came up blank. Seems to be related to that anyway.

Spoiler

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at KRASH.LaunchGUI.drawCfgWindow (Int32 id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

The second error message came up repeatedly in a brief simulation of a small rocket. Now I think about it, I don't recall seeing the sim cost counter displayed during that simulation - but it's half-hidden for me anyway behind the clock/timewarp display. (I've increased the UI scale.)

Spoiler

at KRASH.SimulationPauseMenu.CalcAndDisplaySimCost () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at KRASH.SimulationPauseMenu.DrawGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at KRASH.SimulationPauseMenu.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Full log is here, if you want to take a look.

-Oh, should add that this is version 0.5.9 of KRASH, installed through CKAN.

Edited by UnanimousCoward

2 hours ago, UnanimousCoward said:

Hi there. Really liking the mod so fat, but I noticed a fair number of exceptions in my log. 

The first one appeared repeatedly I think when I was trying to look at the KRASH settings window in the KSC, but it came up blank. Seems to be related to that anyway.

Reveal hidden contents

at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

The second error message came up repeatedly in a brief simulation of a small rocket. Now I think about it, I don't recall seeing the sim cost counter displayed during that simulation - but it's half-hidden for me anyway behind the clock/timewarp display. (I've increased the UI scale.)

Reveal hidden contents

at KRASH.SimulationPauseMenu.CalcAndDisplaySimCost () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Can you please log a github issue for this?

2 hours ago, UnanimousCoward said:

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Are you aware of all the other exceptions in this log file?

Let's start with these errors:

Kerbal Stats 2.1.0

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 64)

MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'PopupDialog.SpawnPopupDialog'.

(Filename:  Line: -1)

FF: starting FinalFrontier

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 64)

MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'PopupDialog.SpawnPopupDialog'.

I installed these two mods, no problem, as soon as I added the Blizzy toolbar, it showed up, apparently in the KerbalStats. I then removed the mods but left the toolbar, saw the same error.  So there is something going on with the toolbar.  Please remove it.  I've reported this on the toolbar thread, it happens when there are no other mods installed.

But there are other errors:

at ModuleDeployableSolarPanel.AssumeDragCubePosition (System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at DragCubeSystem+<RenderDragCubes>c__IteratorC.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine_Auto(IEnumerator)
UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:StartCoroutine(IEnumerator)
<RenderDragCubesCoroutine>c__IteratorB:MoveNext()
<SetupDragCubeCoroutine>c__IteratorD:MoveNext()
<CompileParts>c__Iterator4A:MoveNext(

and:

at USITools.USI_PulseDrive.OnAwake () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartModule.Awake () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.GameObject:Internal_AddComponentWithType(Type)
UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
Part:AddModule(String)
Part:AddModule(ConfigNode)
PartLoader:ParsePart(UrlConfig, ConfigNode)
<CompileParts>c__Iterator4A:MoveNext()
(Filename:  Line: -1)
PartLoader: Part 'UmbraSpaceIndustries/Orion/Parts/Medusa/USI_MEDUSA' has no database record. Creating.
DragCubeSystem: Creating drag cubes for part 'USI.MEDUSA'
PartLoader: Compiling Part 'UmbraSpaceIndustries/Orion/Parts/Orion/USI_ORION'
  at USITools.USI_PulseDrive.OnAwake () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartModule.Awake () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.GameObject:Internal_AddComponentWithType(Type)
UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent(Type)
Part:AddModule(String)
Part:AddModule(ConfigNode)
PartLoader:ParsePart(UrlConfig, ConfigNode)
<CompileParts>c__Iterator4A:MoveNext(

and

Ignoring error adding ModuleKISInventory to kerbalEVA_RD (Part): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at PartModuleList.Add (.PartModule module) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Part.AddModule (System.String moduleName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KIS.KISAddonConfig.UpdateEvaPrefab (.AvailablePart avPart, .ConfigNode nodeSettings) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
Ignoring error adding ModuleKISPickup to kerbalEVA_RD (Part): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at PartModuleList.Add (.PartModule module) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Part.AddModule (System.String moduleName) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at KIS.KISAddonConfig.UpdateEvaPrefab (.AvailablePart avPart, .ConfigNode nodeSettings) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

and

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at CactEye2.CactEyeAsteroidSpawner.AdjustSpawnRate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

I also need the save file (persistent.sfs), since I don't know if you are in sandbox or career mode. You are also running Kopernicus, would have been nice if you had mentioned it.

You are running more than 160 mods.  This is too many for me to deal with.

It looks like you have multiple things going on.  Please reduce the number of mods to the minimum required to reproduce this problem

It's a career save. I didn't mean to cause you any hassle or realise it would be so much work for you. Thanks for taking the time to look into it.

Yes, I was aware of those exceptions. The first two other errors are from USI mods and are already filed on Github; the second one appears to be harmless. The KIS exception apparently isn't an error at all. I've removed CactEye.

You are running more than 160 mods.  This is too many for me to deal with.

It looks like you have multiple things going on.  Please reduce the number of mods to the minimum required to reproduce this problem

There's the rub - I have zero idea which mods are required, and I'd really rather actually spend a little while playing KSP. This was the first time I'd had any issues at all with KRASH.

Given that I'm running so many mods, I'm surprised there aren't more exceptions. I think I'll wait and see if these issues recur and become a problem before I try and track it down further. It's probably an edge case, and the simulation seemed to actually work fine. 

5 hours ago, UnanimousCoward said:

It's a career save. I didn't mean to cause you any hassle or realise it would be so much work for you. Thanks for taking the time to look into it.

Yes, I was aware of those exceptions. The first two other errors are from USI mods and are already filed on Github; the second one appears to be harmless. The KIS exception apparently isn't an error at all. I've removed CactEye.

There's the rub - I have zero idea which mods are required, and I'd really rather actually spend a little while playing KSP. This was the first time I'd had any issues at all with KRASH.

Given that I'm running so many mods, I'm surprised there aren't more exceptions. I think I'll wait and see if these issues recur and become a problem before I try and track it down further. It's probably an edge case, and the simulation seemed to actually work fine. 

Ok.  I did see some areas where I could improve the error handling, so I'll get to that.

The errors aren't making much sense, since it seems to be erroring when trying to display the cfg data but the data wasn't read.  I'll add some extra code there and see if it can be tracked down.  I'll let you know when I have a dll for you to test, it will have extra debugging info printed to the log

5 hours ago, UnanimousCoward said:

Well, I can't reproduce the issue at all anymore. The whole thing doesn't make any sense. Another unrelated problem I was having has also miraculously cured itself as well. 

Sorry to waste your time with this. 

No problem, thanks for letting me know

I may have found a bug. When I try to simulate a vessel that exceeds the mass limits of the launchpad, the simulation does not start but the game remains in simulation mode, disabling save and load and showing the "simulation active" in every scene

another small issue: the "Sim cost" hud during flight remains present even if I untick the "Show running sim cos" option 

I'll upload soon log\screenshot\saves if you are not able to reproduce the issues

12 hours ago, aat said:

I may have found a bug. When I try to simulate a vessel that exceeds the mass limits of the launchpad, the simulation does not start but the game remains in simulation mode, disabling save and load and showing the "simulation active" in every scene

another small issue: the "Sim cost" hud during flight remains present even if I untick the "Show running sim cos" option 

I'll upload soon log\screenshot\saves if you are not able to reproduce the issues

Ah, I see the problem with launching a ship which exceeds the mass limits.

I also see the sim costs issue, so no need for log/screenshots.

Just an FYI, would help to track in the future if you could log these as issues on Github.  I did it for these two already, so no need for this now

Just released 0.5.10:

Fixed bug where a ship too big or heavy for the launchpad/runway would be allowed to launch, but the game
        would then stop it, leaving the sim enabled until a real launch was done
        Fixed inability to hide sim costs during sim
        Fixed NullReferenceException when first opening a career game from the main menu

Hrm... the mod is awesome, but I'm having a problem. For some reason, after I installed Kerbal Konstructs, every ship is always said to be "Vessel Unlaunchable for the following reason(s): Ship too heavy", no matter how small it is. I can certainly attack logs, though I'm not sure it would he helpful in this case. nothing new comes up in the debug console when I open the simulation menu. Any suggestions as to what I ought to look at?

Edit: That is, any simulation in orbit, or landed. Simulation starting from the launch pad works as expected.

Edited by Tokamak

4 hours ago, Tokamak said:

Hrm... the mod is awesome, but I'm having a problem. For some reason, after I installed Kerbal Konstructs, every ship is always said to be "Vessel Unlaunchable for the following reason(s): Ship too heavy", no matter how small it is. I can certainly attack logs, though I'm not sure it would he helpful in this case. nothing new comes up in the debug console when I open the simulation menu. Any suggestions as to what I ought to look at?

Edit: That is, any simulation in orbit, or landed. Simulation starting from the launch pad works as expected.

It's not a problem with Kerbal Konstructs.  I made a fairly significant update last night and apparently while I was fixing the problem with launching a ship too heavy from the launchpad, I missed the orbit or landed tests.

It will be fixed in a few minutes.

Edit:  Fixed and uploaded

Edited by linuxgurugamer

5 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

It's not a problem with Kerbal Konstructs.  I made a fairly significant update last night and apparently while I was fixing the problem with launching a ship too heavy from the launchpad, I missed the orbit or landed tests.

It will be fixed in a few minutes.

Edit:  Fixed and uploaded

Oh, I see. Well, thanks for the quick fix, and for the cool mod in general! :) 

While cooking burgers at a community barbacue, I was thinking about this, and realized that there was still a problem with trying to do a sim in orbit or landed when the vessel exceeded one of the limits of the facility it was built in, and the launch facility of the build facility (ie:  runway for SPH, launchpad for VAB).

So I tested, verified the problem, fixed it and released 0.5.12 just now