[1.12.x] KRASH - Kerbal Ramification Artificial Simulation Hub (simulation mod for KSP) - Cost settings have been change

linuxgurugamer

Having updated through ckan at about 8 am UTC I am unable to use this.  All rockets are reported as to wide no matter how thin.

Full RSS/RO/RP-0 on 1.1.2.

If the problem is not immediately obvious let me know and I will do the start clean thing to nail it down.  Mean time I am rolling back to 0.5.9.

I think I found it.
It seems to be a convergence of 2 bugs.  One in your size check and one in B9 proc wings fork by Crzyrndm.
I found yours but haven't isolated his yet.

In LaunchGUI.cs
In line 1121 you are adding the width and depth of the rocket and comparing it to the width limit.

1119                Vector3 s = EditorLogic.fetch.ship.shipSize;
1120                Vector3 sizeLimit = getSizeLimit ();
1121                if (s.x + s.z > sizeLimit.x) {
1122                    startSim += "\nShip too wide";
1123                    flyable = false;
1124                }
1125                if (s.y > sizeLimit.y) {
1126                    startSim += "\nShip too tall";
1127                    flyable = false;
1128                }

I'm pretty sure this should be:

1121                if (s.x > sizeLimit.x) | (s.z > sizeLimit.z){

I can't test this as I lack a c# compiler.  Can you believe codeblocks doesn't support c#.  Yea, Yea I know, It's because I haven't written it yet. :-(  At least so I'm told.

Hey there @linuxgurugamer! I posted a few months ago that I would try this out with Kerbal Konstructs, and so I have been. They seem to work well together, which one exception - I cannot start a simulation from anywhere but the KSC launchpad and runway. I'd like to be able to simulate from the various KerbinSide runways, but this does not seem to be possible. Am I derping somewhere, or is this just how KRASH is going to work?

30 minutes ago, theonegalen said:

Hey there @linuxgurugamer! I posted a few months ago that I would try this out with Kerbal Konstructs, and so I have been. They seem to work well together, which one exception - I cannot start a simulation from anywhere but the KSC launchpad and runway. I'd like to be able to simulate from the various KerbinSide runways, but this does not seem to be possible. Am I derping somewhere, or is this just how KRASH is going to work?

Not at present, but I'm planning on adding that in the future.

3 hours ago, TaggedYa said:

I think I found it.
It seems to be a convergence of 2 bugs.  One in your size check and one in B9 proc wings fork by Crzyrndm.
I found yours but haven't isolated his yet.

In LaunchGUI.cs
In line 1121 you are adding the width and depth of the rocket and comparing it to the width limit.

1119                Vector3 s = EditorLogic.fetch.ship.shipSize;
1120                Vector3 sizeLimit = getSizeLimit ();
1121                if (s.x + s.z > sizeLimit.x) {
1122                    startSim += "\nShip too wide";
1123                    flyable = false;
1124                }
1125                if (s.y > sizeLimit.y) {
1126                    startSim += "\nShip too tall";
1127                    flyable = false;
1128                }

I'm pretty sure this should be:

1121                if (s.x > sizeLimit.x) | (s.z > sizeLimit.z){

I can't test this as I lack a c# compiler.  Can you believe codeblocks doesn't support c#.  Yea, Yea I know, It's because I haven't written it yet. :-(  At least so I'm told.

I think you're correct, thanks.  i'll test to be sure and then release an update.  But you have one misconception, the sizeLimit.x & sizeLimit.z are identical.  It's the s.x & s.z which need to be compared individually.

Thanks for the catch

Edited by linuxgurugamer

45 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Not at present, but I'm planning on adding that in the future.

I think you're correct, thanks.  i'll test to be sure and then release an update.  But you have one misconception, the sizeLimit.x & sizeLimit.z are identical.  It's the s.x & s.z which need to be compared individually.

Thanks for the catch

Thanks for the quick fix.

As to misconceptions:
Relying on 2 variables to stay equal when 2000 coders have access to them is just begging for trouble.  And it is the worst sort of trouble as it will come and go depending on the whim of the unknown coder who changed it.

2 hours ago, TaggedYa said:

Thanks for the quick fix.

As to misconceptions:
Relying on 2 variables to stay equal when 2000 coders have access to them is just begging for trouble.  And it is the worst sort of trouble as it will come and go depending on the whim of the unknown coder who changed it.

Which is why I thought about it and implemented it the way you suggested :-)

Hey,
I think I found some weird behaviour when combining KRASH with the Construction Time mod. 

After building, simulation with KRASH and launching a Vehicle with KCT the game will think its still in Simulation mode and thus disabling any recovery functionality etc

Steps:
1. Design a Vessel in either SPH or VAB and test with KRASH (start from Launchpad/RWY)
2. Terminate simulation going back to facility

3. Build Vessel with the KCT Popup
4. Launch the Vessel from KCT GUI
5. Press escape to see the KRASH Menu popping up.

Log doesnt show anything suspicious though....any ideas?

Thanks!

14 hours ago, Amnesy said:

Hey,
I think I found some weird behaviour when combining KRASH with the Construction Time mod. 

After building, simulation with KRASH and launching a Vehicle with KCT the game will think its still in Simulation mode and thus disabling any recovery functionality etc

Steps:
1. Design a Vessel in either SPH or VAB and test with KRASH (start from Launchpad/RWY)

Thanks!

No idea now, your steps are fairly clear, I'll see if I can reproduce later.

thanks

Just new to this mod.

Sent my probe to Jupiter orbit.

I got an issue with maneuver nodes disappearing as soon as I click anywhere outside the maneuver planner (MJ) in flight mode.

In map mode it works. Switching back to flight mode and clicking anywhere - gone.

RO / RSS / Trajectories / Precise maneuver etc.pp.

Log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m4jgl6mlhaiwo9w/2016-05-30-1%20KRASH%20maneuver%20nodes%20disappear.7z?dl=0

6 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

Just new to this mod.

Sent my probe to Jupiter orbit.

I got an issue with maneuver nodes disappearing as soon as I click anywhere outside the maneuver planner (MJ) in flight mode.

In map mode it works. Switching back to flight mode and clicking anywhere - gone.

RO / RSS / Trajectories / Precise maneuver etc.pp.

Log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m4jgl6mlhaiwo9w/2016-05-30-1%20KRASH%20maneuver%20nodes%20disappear.7z?dl=0

I assume you teleported to Jupiter?

There is a problem with the HyperEdit code which causes that, I don't have an answer right now but it is being worked on.  This is new as of 1.1.2

On 5/29/2016 at 5:09 PM, Amnesy said:

Hey,

Steps:

Thanks!

Just had a thought.  There used to be a bug where this would happen, are you running the latest version of KRASH?

17 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I assume you teleported to Jupiter?

There is a problem with the HyperEdit code which causes that, I don't have an answer right now but it is being worked on.  This is new as of 1.1.2

The problem has been found, I'm testing now, will release update this evening

LGG

I just moved KRASH back in GameData and started KSP and as soon as I entered the VAB the game crashed - so I hope your update will also fix that.

Log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tuco4zuw0tg5q8l/2016-06-01-1 Crash with KRASH.7z?dl=0

btw I suggest that you enter the actual version number to the thread title

Edited by Gordon Dry

Now with the new version I can't get back to VAB, pressing Esc does nothing, the log adds

Game Paused!

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 64)

NullReferenceException
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.AudioSource:INTERNAL_CALL_Pause (UnityEngine.AudioSource)

at UnityEngine.AudioSource.Pause () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at AudioFX.OnGamePause () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at EventVoid.Fire () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at FlightDriver.SetPause (Boolean pauseState) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at PauseMenu.Display () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at PauseMenu.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

UIMasterController: ShowUI

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 64)

Game Unpaused!

Can not play a disabled audio source

(Filename:  Line: 436)

UIMasterController: ShowUI

on each attempt.

I got the culprit - it's just one of these annoying old bugs of Unity:

I set the Audio volume slider for "Music" to 0 - absolutely normal to do so.

But Unity says:
audio: 0
=
disabled audio source
=
crash or infinite loop with NRE when usually attempting to play that stuff

Darn.

Issue of the day = solved

I learned: never move an audio volume slider to 0 in KSP

One thing I should mention.

In normal flight mode when set up a maneuver, the vessel first orients then goes on rail while staying oriented to the node, also in time warp.

In KRASH simulation mode the vessel orients and then in timewarp loses the orientation and has to readjust after timewarp.
When the orientation is not achieved when the burn begins this can break the maneuver more or less.

15 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

I updated.

I sent my whole craft to LEO, but it was oriented nearly retrograde (slightly pitched down) initially...

Orientation for landing will be fixed in next update.  It is also exploding (sometimes) when trying to start a sim landed on Eve, that's being fixed as well.

12 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

I got the culprit - it's just one of these annoying old bugs of Unity:

I set the Audio volume slider for "Music" to 0 - absolutely normal to do so.

But Unity says:
audio: 0
=
disabled audio source
=
crash or infinite loop with NRE when usually attempting to play that stuff

Darn.

Issue of the day = solved

I learned: never move an audio volume slider to 0 in KSP

Interesting, thanks for sharing

I almost didn't say anything since this mod has been out for 4 months and no one else mentioned it.  I thought maybe it was some kind of inside joke that I wasn't getting.

Hello, guys. I've been looking forward for a KRASH-like solution for a while. However, while thus far I haven't done anything but try to load the simulation, I've already come across a non-mission-critical glitch seen below.

As you may guess, I'm knee-deep in vismods (SVE, Scatterer, Texture Replacer, Planetshine).

91E88BBA2E55251300D35929E201D9D513E6B735

On 31.5.2016 at 1:56 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Just had a thought.  There used to be a bug where this would happen, are you running the latest version of KRASH?

Sorry for not getting back to you earlier! I was using the latest version, however your latest update fixed the issue for me.

Thanks for keeping up that awesome work!!