[1.12.x] KRASH - Kerbal Ramification Artificial Simulation Hub (simulation mod for KSP) - Cost settings have been change

linuxgurugamer

I'm getting a game crash when reaching the main menu on KSP 1.3.1. Tested with just KRASH installed. Removing the mod allowed the game to load normally.

The filename of the mod download (both in CKAN and from Spacedock) showed 0.5.25. Looking in the mod though, the .version file shows the mod version as 0.5.24 with a KSP version of 1.3.0. Also the changelog only mentions up to 0.5.24. Finally the modified date of the .dll is Sept 6.

Just in case though, here's the crash logs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/33x9nkhs2a85uhv/AACawr9xrmVD2rcpp3LBT-7Ta?dl=0

1 hour ago, OncaLupe said:

I'm getting a game crash when reaching the main menu on KSP 1.3.1. Tested with just KRASH installed. Removing the mod allowed the game to load normally.

The filename of the mod download (both in CKAN and from Spacedock) showed 0.5.25. Looking in the mod though, the .version file shows the mod version as 0.5.24 with a KSP version of 1.3.0. Also the changelog only mentions up to 0.5.24. Finally the modified date of the .dll is Sept 6.

Just in case though, here's the crash logs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/33x9nkhs2a85uhv/AACawr9xrmVD2rcpp3LBT-7Ta?dl=0

@OncaLupe Have you tried downloading and running the latest version straight from the github, as that sounds like a possible ckan error with it pulling the wrong version. (possible netkan error?!)

9 minutes ago, RobertJPowell said:

@OncaLupe Have you tried downloading and running the latest version straight from the github, as that sounds like a possible ckan error with it pulling the wrong version. (possible netkan error?!)

Well, that seems to have gotten me the updated mod, as the .version and changelog files show 0.5.25, with a .dll date of Oct 10. However I'm still getting a crash when entering the main menu.

Crash logs with the new mod version: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/qbftixr0xh7c2o7/AADaFi22FduBwUs4dN88oNDca?dl=0

2 hours ago, OncaLupe said:

1 hour ago, RobertJPowell said:

I have the same issue with crashing as it reaches the main menu. I tried the newest version from Github ,with the same results. 

3 hours ago, Kilmeister said:

I have the same issue with crashing as it reaches the main menu. I tried the newest version from Github ,with the same results.

Funnily enough, for me, the Spacedock one crashes, and the Github one freezes. A subtle difference, but interesting.

Edit: Ahh, never mind, it just needed another minute. It crashes for me too.

Edited by Rodhern

• 2 weeks later...

hello

i haves seen you no longer use KRASH is your strims but i hope you can  find time to fix the
CanQuickSave = false
CanQuickLoad = false

sticking after the sim is over

and the spontaneously entering in to  a sim mode during normal play
i posted descriptions and logs in this tread and i think ther was at list 1 more person to post a description of the problem

i didnt find a way to reliability cause the bugs

but the spontaneously entering a sim mode is more frequent if i tray to start a sim but cant, do to missing part or the ship is too big to launce
and the cant save is probably linked to the games crashing in the midel of a sim

thanks for upkipping all the mods
hope you can read my english :)

not pinging on porpoise your  beasy inaf

Edited by danielboro

13 hours ago, danielboro said:

hello

i haves seen you no longer use KRASH is your strims but i hope you can  find time to fix the
CanQuickSave = false
CanQuickLoad = false

sticking after the sim is over

and the spontaneously entering in to  a sim mode during normal play
i posted descriptions and logs in this tread and i think ther was at list 1 more person to post a description of the problem

i didnt find a way to reliability cause the bugs

but the spontaneously entering a sim mode is more frequent if i tray to start a sim but cant, do to missing part or the ship is too big to launce
and the cant save is probably linked to the games crashing in the midel of a sim

thanks for upkipping all the mods
hope you can read my english :)

not pinging on porpoise your  beasy inaf

I dont use it because I have too many other mods installed.

please see if you can reproduce it in 1.3.1 and post logs, and please do ping me when you do.

I have a long-standing bug with KRASH in 1.2.2, but I don't see it mentioned earlier in the history: after I run the sim, when I return to the VAB, my vessel is not in the last state I saved it. It seems to always be a few steps earlier, not at a user-save point but perhaps an autosave in the VAB. It may be conflicting with another mod, so I'll have to make a testbed clone of the game with just KRASH (and possibly KCT). I'll let you know my results/post a log this evening.

I see this problem too

In 1.3.0

As far as i nothced i only lose unsaved chinges

As if its loading the saved craft

13 hours ago, coolguy8445 said:

I have a long-standing bug with KRASH in 1.2.2, but I don't see it mentioned earlier in the history: after I run the sim, when I return to the VAB, my vessel is not in the last state I saved it. It seems to always be a few steps earlier, not at a user-save point but perhaps an autosave in the VAB. It may be conflicting with another mod, so I'll have to make a testbed clone of the game with just KRASH (and possibly KCT). I'll let you know my results/post a log this evening.

• 2 weeks later...

I have strange issues with KRASH simulations and I wonder if anyone saw this too. As far as I can tell, they are of two sorts.

1. When I launch the simulation, the lower half of the screen shows water texture, as if the craft were above a Kerbin ocean (while in fact it can be on Minmus surface or on high orbit, etc.). This fake "surface" can be covered by the surface of the planet if I tilt the camera. But it will appear again if I tilt it back.

2. The craft in the simulation is completely black, also shown against a water background. It looks like it's blocked from all sun rays.

I suspect that these bugs are caused by some incompatibility with EVE and/or Scatterer, but they only happen in KRASH simulations. Has anyone had similar stuff?

4 minutes ago, garwel said:

I have strange issues with KRASH simulations and I wonder if anyone saw this too. As far as I can tell, they are of two sorts.

1. When I launch the simulation, the lower half of the screen shows water texture, as if the craft were above a Kerbin ocean (while in fact it can be on Minmus surface or on high orbit, etc.). This fake "surface" can be covered by the surface of the planet if I tilt the camera. But it will appear again if I tilt it back.

2. The craft in the simulation is completely black, also shown against a water background. It looks like it's blocked from all sun rays.

I suspect that these bugs are caused by some incompatibility with EVE and/or Scatterer, but they only happen in KRASH simulations. Has anyone had similar stuff?

The same thing can happen when using the Alt-F12 debug menu to move a ship to orbit, doubt there's anything that can be done to fix it with KRASH.