[1.12.x] KRASH - Kerbal Ramification Artificial Simulation Hub (simulation mod for KSP) - Cost settings have been change

linuxgurugamer

10 hours ago, magico13 said:

It's been working fine for me. I had to exclude the KSP folder from windows defender since mods are getting flagged left and right for some reason.

Yeah, I thought I had done that, but I may have not drawn my "exception circle" wide enough or something, because it still appears to be "catching" stuff.   :/

Still not showing up...   will try reinstalling it this evening.

Two questions:

1.  Since I'm in the early part of the tech tree, is there an event or tech I need to discover before the sim button appears?   In which case, the mod is probably working fine after all and I just haven't gotten there yet.  (I should probably look in sandbox mode-- if the button's there, then it's a tech tree thing.)

2.  If there is a problem, what the heck part of the logs would I send for a missing button?  :confused:

Or, maybe I'm just an idiot.  I did not install either Click Through Blocker or Toolbar Controller (I don't use CKAN, so I'll need to do these manually).

On 2/27/2016 at 7:37 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

The new version for KSP 1.4.1 has new dependencies:

New Dependencies

CKAN has been updated to install the dependencies, if needed.

Mod available from:  http://spacedock.info/mod/302/KRASH%20-%20Kerbal%20Ramification%20Artifical%20Simulation%20Hub%20%28simulation%20mod%20for%20KSP%29
Source:  https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/KRASH

Edited by MaxwellsDemon

Well, whaddya know?   Works fine now!  :confused:

I'm thinking now that, when I started playing back in the 1.0.4 days, there were some mods that I was interested in that weren't on CKAN, and I simply never got into the habit.  (Not defending the position... just analyzing it.)

This does not appear to work with 1.4.2

Does not appear in the toolbar. Have tried with only this + dependencies installed as well, same result.

I thought that 1.4.2 wasn't supposed to break many addons, any idea if i'm just doing something wrong here? While not the right thread for it, the same exact thing seems to happen with the current version of Champagne Bottle Redux from CKAN.

Edited by nosscire

12 minutes ago, nosscire said:

This does not appear to work with 1.4.2

Does not appear in the toolbar. Have tried with only this + dependencies installed as well, same result.

I thought that 1.4.2 wasn't supposed to break many addons, any idea if i'm just doing something wrong here? While not the right thread for it, the same exact thing seems to happen with the current version of Champagne Bottle Redux from CKAN.

Please provide a log file

How are you installing these?

Edited by linuxgurugamer

KSP.log : https://1drv.ms/f/s!AuFEM7_Fm5Yk4gSlGb5ASP3jN0Xr

I believe that's the one you need?

In that log I was running only with ClickThroughBlocker, ToolbarControl and KRASH.

ClickThroughBlocker and ToolbarControl installed through CKAN, KRASH from this website as it's currently not on CKAN. When I tried with Champagne Bottle that was also installed through CKAN.

Thanks!

43 minutes ago, nosscire said:

KSP.log : https://1drv.ms/f/s!AuFEM7_Fm5Yk4gSlGb5ASP3jN0Xr

I believe that's the one you need?

In that log I was running only with ClickThroughBlocker, ToolbarControl and KRASH.

ClickThroughBlocker and ToolbarControl installed through CKAN, KRASH from this website as it's currently not on CKAN. When I tried with Champagne Bottle that was also installed through CKAN.

Thanks!

Well, I tested KRASH, it worked, but Champagne didn't :D

This log will do, but next time, please get me the output_log.txt file

I traced it to an old version of the ToolbarController. 

Until CKAN updates, get the latest version here:

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/ToolbarControl/releases/tag/0.1.5.8

and make sure you have the latest version of the ClickThroughblocker (0.1.6.1) installed

Edited by linuxgurugamer

I think I've managed to pin down the empty orbit selection window bug.

It seems to occur when KRASH, Kopernicus and TarsierSpaceTech are all installed at the same time. KRASH + Kopernicus = no problem. KRASH + TarsierSpaceTech = no problem. KRASH + Kopernicus + TarsierSpaceTech = no orbit selection window. 

I was able to reliably reproduce it in a test install (KSP 1.4.2, Windows 64-bit) with only these mods installed (plus KRASH's dependencies, latest versions of everything). I have also posted this to the relevant Github issues page.

I’ve been using this on 1.4.2 no problems (through ckan) and also using the OhScrap mod. Does this (or could it) count as a flight (for reliability purposes) or is that controlled from the OhScrap mod?  Ideally I’d like a simulated launch to improve reliability of parts at maybe 50-75% of an actual flight. 

On 4/6/2018 at 12:40 PM, Ricktoberfest said:

I’ve been using this on 1.4.2 no problems (through ckan) and also using the OhScrap mod. Does this (or could it) count as a flight (for reliability purposes) or is that controlled from the OhScrap mod?  Ideally I’d like a simulated launch to improve reliability of parts at maybe 50-75% of an actual flight. 

No, and no

On 06/04/2018 at 5:40 PM, Ricktoberfest said:

That's actually a really cool idea.

At the moment it won't count,  because Krash puts everything back to how it was before the simulation started, but I really like your idea and will look at implementing something into Oh Scrap - if you want to discuss it further come over to the oh scrap thread (sorry to pollute your thread LGG)

51 minutes ago, severedsolo said:

At the moment it won't count,  because Krash puts everything back to how it was before the simulation started, but I really like your idea and will look at implementing something into Oh Scrap - if you want to discuss it further come over to the oh scrap thread (sorry to pollute your thread LGG)

Not a problem, let me know if you need anything done to KRASH for this

3 hours ago, severedsolo said:

Thanks. I wasn’t sure which mod would control it so that’s why I posted in both

• 2 weeks later...

The "Simulation Active" message kept flashing on the screen even after the simulation ended. It even stayed when I went back to the main menu. Also, if the Launch Site Selector window isn't "cancelled" it will similarly stay open even when you leave the editor (even in the main menu).

Edit: Alright, I can't reproduce the first one, but the launch site selector happens every time I leave without cancelling that window.

Also, I can't get it to show me the cost during the simulation, despite having that option selected.

Edit: N/M It's hidden behind a doodad connected to my clock. Is there any way I can make that cost always on top or to move it?

Aaand... sorry for all this, but I've got another glitch - it keeps resetting my ships to earlier than the actual moment of launch. In one, I reduced the amount of fuel in a tank, and after the sim, the fuel was returned to max. Earlier, it reverted my staging to a previous setup.

Edit: I got another glitch. I turned on wireframe (which is awesome, btw), but it's keeping the wireframes when I leave the simulation, i.e. the main base screen, with all the buildings. This persisted after loading a game.

Edited by SquarelyCircle

Okay, I figured out the cost display location. For anyone who wants to change the location of the cost, it can be altered in Kerbal Space Program\GameData\KRASH\PluginData\KRASHcustom.cfg

Change the horizontalPos and verticalPos from 10 and 50 to something you prefer. I selected 50, 20. It's probably not perfect, but it doesn't cover up anything else, so I'm happy with it.

Edit: Whoops... apparently this is in the config window... didn't see it there before. My bad.

Edited by SquarelyCircle

15 hours ago, SquarelyCircle said:

Aaand... sorry for all this, but I've got another glitch - it keeps resetting my ships to earlier than the actual moment of launch. In one, I reduced the amount of fuel in a tank, and after the sim, the fuel was returned to max. Earlier, it reverted my staging to a previous setup.

Edit: I got another glitch. I turned on wireframe (which is awesome, btw), but it's keeping the wireframes when I leave the simulation, i.e. the main base screen, with all the buildings. This persisted after loading a game.

For the first, try saving the ship first, and then doing the sim

For the second, I need to know more about the flight.  The wireframe is experimental, and may get removed if it's too much of a bother.

I turned it off, but I'll turn it back on and try to gather all the details the next time it happens. I couldn't find any log files (besides ksp.log or whatever that one is that they say isn't very useful). Let me know if there's anything in particular you're interested in and I'll be sure to get that info.

The wireframe is super-duper cool, so I hope you're able to keep it in. Let me know if you need me to test anything in particular.

I do have tons of mods (100+) so it might not be Krash that is entirely responsible.

Well, I'm not yet good enough at the game to use Kerbal Construction Time, which means I'll also be temporarily uninstalling it and Krash until my next playthrough. I'm sorry that I won't be gathering information on it for a few months. When I've played more without KCT, I'll reinstall the more challenging mods and get feedback to you on this issue. Thanks for all you do, and sorry for bringing it up and then disappearing.

14 hours ago, SquarelyCircle said:

Well, I'm not yet good enough at the game to use Kerbal Construction Time, which means I'll also be temporarily uninstalling it and Krash until my next playthrough. I'm sorry that I won't be gathering information on it for a few months. When I've played more without KCT, I'll reinstall the more challenging mods and get feedback to you on this issue. Thanks for all you do, and sorry for bringing it up and then disappearing.

No problem, thanks for letting me know you won't be able to do anything for a while

I'm running KCT+Krash (+R&R, +OhScrap, etc.) -- and seem to have some pretty good results so far.

I'm curious about a possible prompting for a (Crew R&R) day off for Jeb after a session of testing in KRASH, but I wasn't paying full attention. I'll do another one in a bit, and see if that was just my imagination. It makes sense, though -- the half-dozen or more rounds in the simulator with a constantly-crashing airplane is exhausting. I'd want a day off, too! :D