linuxgurugamer

[1.5.1+] KRASH - Kerbal Ramification Artificial Simulation Hub (simulation mod for KSP) - Cost settings have been change

2 hours ago, vardicd said:

I have also seen this bug, and I've never used hyper edit before, but I'm going to go a bit further, and ask if it's possible the simulation orbit rotation "jerk" could persist in some form after the simulation. I have noticed in some situations, geosynchronous comm relay sats in orbit will wildly shift position, and i often notice it shortly after running some new simulation, but I don't recall this happening much if at all before 1.7.

I have seen the orbits jerk, but usually associated with HyperEdit being installed. Since KRASH uses the same code as HyperEdit, it's possible there is something in there messing up the orbits when time accelerates.  No idea what is causing it, however.

First of all, awesome mod! Love the functionality, makes reverting seem much less cheaty since I am doing it in a simulation environment!

Bug Report:

RP-1 install on 1.6.1 using the recommended version of krash from CKAN (0.5.29.8). Occasionally when I do a simulation the game seems to stick in "simulation mode" preventing me from saving/loading the game.

Creating Bug: Build a vehicle using unlocked parts that were not unlocked previous to loading this instance of the game and save the blueprint. Exit VAB and load game to a previous save where parts were not unlocked. Go back into VAB, load the vehicle and start a simulation. The game will notify you that it cannot launch due to parts not researched. Research the parts then launch the simulation. Terminate the simulation (may require restarting the simulation as well, I'm not sure). Exit the VAB. The game now gives the alert "Creating Saves is not Allowed in this Scenario". After launching a vehicle, entering the pause menu opens up the Krash pause menu.

Current Workaround: Launch any vehicle after bug is activated. Hit escape to enter the main menu, select terminate simulation and revert back to VAB/SPH. The game will now allow loading/saving normally.

I noticed this error cropping up a lot in my log file when running with KRASH on 1.7.3:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at KRASH.KRASH.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at KRASH.KRASH.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

I was just testing things on 1.7.3, might roll back to 1.7.2 for a bit (well use my other installation directly). 

11 hours ago, MerlinsMaster said:

Does anyone know if this runs on 1.7.0?  I just installed it, but I'm not seeing the SIM button.

You're probably missing a dependency. You need unBlur for the toolbar controller (usually the one that gets missed). It works fine in 1.7.2. Need to test in 1.7.3.

Edited by madindehead

18 hours ago, ggerolamo said:

It definitely works in 1.7.3 !

I use it without problems... 

greetings

ggerolamo

Ok thanks for letting me know. I'll try and find what is stopping it in that case.

edit: I tried a clean install with only Krash and it doesn't show in 1.7.3

https://imgur.com/a/ifvSYHH

edit 2: I forgot to put toolbarControl into the clean install shown in that pic. I added it and now I can at least see the button for Krash but it doesn't have any effect when pushed.

I'm now also seeing the button in my heavily modded version of the game but again it has no effect when pushed.

edit 3: I tried 1.7.2 and 1.7.1 and it gives me the same result. The button is visible but left or right clicking gives no effect. Obviously I'm missing something but I can't see what. I've been through all the mods looking for dependencies but I'm pretty sure I have them all.

Edited by uglyduckling81
additional info