[1.12.x] KRASH - Kerbal Ramification Artificial Simulation Hub (simulation mod for KSP) - Cost settings have been change

linuxgurugamer

Has anyone not noticed that everytime you update this your custom presets stop working. In fact they get deleted but it just gets better because in your saved game persistance file it saves which preset you are using. If you are using a custom preset and after updating not even the default presets will show. To get it working you have it edit the entry in your persistance file as to which preset is being used.

With the latest update even after doing that it would not save a custom preset because it could not find Krash-custom.cfg in the plugingdata folder. When I copied the file over it worked, well thats until the next update.

Edited by BeafSalad
typo

1 hour ago, BeafSalad said:

Has anyone not noticed that everytime you update this your custom presets stop working. In fact they get deleted but it just gets better because in your saved game persistance file it saves which preset you are using. If you are using a custom preset and after updating not even the default presets will show. To get it working you have it edit the entry in your persistance file as to which preset is being used.

With the latest update even after doing that it would not save a custom preset because it could not find Krash-custom.cfg in the plugingdata folder. When I copied the file over it worked, well thats until the next update.

My apologies.  I had to move the cfgs from one directory to a new PluginData directory, to accomodate a ModuleManager issue, and then the release was seriously broken.

I fixed it and made a new release yesterday.  Going forward, you shouldn't have any problems, with that issue at least.

Just make sure that the KRASH-custom.cfg is in the PluginData directory

Edited by linuxgurugamer

I ran across another bug, and this one is a bit harder for me to track down. If you're in the editor, and attempt to simulate, but are stopped by the message that there is no pilot or probe core, then the next time you launch an actual flight, the game still acts like it's a simulation, to the point of having the cost counter in the corner, disabling "Recover Vessel", and making the pause menu the simulation menu. However, if you click "Terminate Simulation" the cost counter goes away and the normal pause menu returns, although the dropdown at the top of the screen still won't appear.

On 7/6/2016 at 10:32 PM, SaintWacko said:

I ran across another bug, and this one is a bit harder for me to track down. If you're in the editor, and attempt to simulate, but are stopped by the message that there is no pilot or probe core, then the next time you launch an actual flight, the game still acts like it's a simulation, to the point of having the cost counter in the corner, disabling "Recover Vessel", and making the pause menu the simulation menu. However, if you click "Terminate Simulation" the cost counter goes away and the normal pause menu returns, although the dropdown at the top of the screen still won't appear.

I have ran across this once. 

@linuxgurugamer How about an planet intercept simulation?  Lets say I want to test a aerobraking design for a rover sent from Kerbin to Duna, would be nice to be able to push simulate and be thrown instantly to the Duna SOI change with a velocity matching what I would have during an ideal transfer window from Kerbin.    I would think a Kerbin->Destination setup would be good enough, no need to make combinations like Duna-> Jool, etc...

1 minute ago, eberkain said:

I have ran across this once. 

@linuxgurugamer How about an planet intercept simulation?  Lets say I want to test a aerobraking design for a rover sent from Kerbin to Duna, would be nice to be able to push simulate and be thrown instantly to the Duna SOI change with a velocity matching what I would have during an ideal transfer window from Kerbin.    I would think a Kerbin->Destination setup would be good enough, no need to make combinations like Duna-> Jool, etc...

Nope.  Not for a while, at least.  Especially the velocity thing.

use HyperEdit for now.  Start the sim, either in kerbin orbit or landed, then hyperedit to where you want to be

On 6/8/2016 at 1:23 AM, Phineas Freak said:

@DDEthe default Scaterrer UI access keys are "Mod+F10/F11" (Mod is the modifier key, it is the Alt key on Windows for example). After you open it click on the "Ocean Settings" button (on the top of the UI) and then click on the "Rebuild Ocean" button (on the bottom of the UI).

Is there a way to automate this setting, or will I just have to deal with the ghost space ocean?

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Doubt it.  It's a scatterer bug

Ah well, I will put on a brave face and deal with the suspiciously evil ghost ocean, as your simulation mod is very good.

On an unrelated note: How would you tell if an ocean is spying on you...

8 hours ago, Liarra Sniffles said:

Ah well, I will put on a brave face and deal with the suspiciously evil ghost ocean, as your simulation mod is very good.

On an unrelated note: How would you tell if an ocean is spying on you...

Look for the eyes poking out of the ocean

On 7/6/2016 at 11:32 PM, SaintWacko said:

I've put this into Github as an issue

On 2016-03-06 at 10:47 AM, Corax said:

It's not so much the time running, as having to repeat certain steps again and again before getting to the actual point of the simulation. It simply would help immensely to start the sim, set up all that needs setting up (that may or may not include launching and flying to a certain situation), and then be able to revert to that point to test different approaches, which IMO is the point of a simulation. Nothing stops me from "simulating" with the default KSP facilities of putting a craft on the pad, quicksaving, and returning to that quicksave at will.

I do like KCT's, and now your mod's, idea of having "proper" simulations within the framework of career mode, and would love to have the ability to "simulate" whatever initial conditions I need to set up. As it is now, neither KCT nor KRASH can provide that, and I understand the technical challenge. It doesn't break the mod for me if that isn't feasible, but it would be immensely helpful and in my opinion, realistic to be able to set initial parameters beyond what the editor provides.

Yes, THIS. I've been using only KCT's simulation functionality but the ability to essentially quicksave during a simulation would be immensely helpful.

9 hours ago, subyng said:

Yes, THIS. I've been using only KCT's simulation functionality but the ability to essentially quicksave during a simulation would be immensely helpful.

The problems posed by quicksaving during a sim are rather large.  Why don't you go ahead and raise a Github issue so it will stay on the radar?

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2016 at 7:42 PM, westamastaflash said:

I did. I will try to recreate in a pristine save with only the KRASH mod. My base install is much to modded to be of much use for debugging purposes.

Just released new update:

Fixed issue where exiting KSP after never having used KRASH gets an exception and KSP never exits

Fixed  nullref when KRASHCustom.cfg is missing

This mod is incredibly buggy for me. I had an issue where I couldn't click anything or bring up the pause menu. If I press escape in the simulation and press escape while the simulation menu is showing, then the simulation runs while the menu is there. If I press escape when the simulation cost limit is hit, the simulation continues without increments to cost. I had an issue where I went back to the KSC the simulation window was showing, and I couldn't close it.

1 hour ago, DrPastah said:

This mod is incredibly buggy for me. I had an issue where I couldn't click anything or bring up the pause menu. If I press escape in the simulation and press escape while the simulation menu is showing, then the simulation runs while the menu is there. If I press escape when the simulation cost limit is hit, the simulation continues without increments to cost. I had an issue where I went back to the KSC the simulation window was showing, and I couldn't close it.

Well, it really sounds like you don't have the latest version, you are describing bugs from several releases ago.  So I would suggest that you first make sure your install is fully updated.

And, before the next time you post, please read the following on how to get support for mods:

5 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Well, it really sounds like you don't have the latest version, you are describing bugs from several releases ago.  So I would suggest that you first make sure your install is fully updated.

And, before the next time you post, please read the following on how to get support for mods:

I ended up installing 0.5.21. I got that from you spacedock link.

Edited by DrPastah

26 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

No logs, no support.  Read what I posted.

I wasn't able to reproduce the bugs except for the pause menu in the simulation where the menu doesn't disappear when you press escape. Which would also let you continue simulation past the cost limit without additional cost.

6 hours ago, DrPastah said:

I wasn't able to reproduce the bugs except for the pause menu in the simulation where the menu doesn't disappear when you press escape. Which would also let you continue simulation past the cost limit without additional cost.

So, you do have a reproducable set of steps?  Would be helpful if you did the following:

1. Reproduce the problem, record each step
  2. Post the steps
  3. Send me the log