[1.12.x] KRASH - Kerbal Ramification Artificial Simulation Hub (simulation mod for KSP) - Cost settings have been change

linuxgurugamer

New release, 0.5.29:

• Thanks to github user @a21621107
    •     Rp-0 tooling integration
    •     Disable TestFlight during simulations
    •     Ignore RP-0 tooling costs in sim cost calculation
    •     Only update ship cost on editor modifications
  • Removed Blizzy option from settings page
  • Updated to latest ToolbarController, now registers with the toolbar

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, dlathro1 said:

Would it be possible to have an option to temporarily disable remotetech like the simulator for KCT had?

If so that would be very helpful.

I don't use RemoteTech, but if someone were to write the code, I could incorporate it

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I don't use RemoteTech, but if someone were to write the code, I could incorporate it

I still have a copy of the old KCT mod, if someone would tell me how to attach it to a post, I will. Hopefully, it will give anyone who decides to give it a crack a head start.

3 hours ago, dlathro1 said:

I still have a copy of the old KCT mod, if someone would tell me how to attach it to a post, I will. Hopefully, it will give anyone who decides to give it a crack a head start.

It never really worked right in KCT and was only able to forcibly remove the RemoteTech modules to allow the player to control the ship, but with the updates that were made to RemoteTech it might be easier now. Anyway, here's the KCT source that did that if anyone wants to reference it and try adding it to KRASH. https://github.com/magico13/KCT/blob/1a47e17b3c79b503040ec4831dafc47794ee53a6/Kerbal_Construction_Time/KCT_Utilities.cs#L1783

Edited by magico13

3 hours ago, magico13 said:

Anyway, here's the KCT source that did that if anyone wants to reference it and try adding it to KRASH. https://github.com/magico13/KCT/blob/1a47e17b3c79b503040ec4831dafc47794ee53a6/Kerbal_Construction_Time/KCT_Utilities.cs#L1783

Thanks, and side note: Do attachments just not work, or am I missing something?

1 hour ago, dlathro1 said:

Thanks, and side note: Do attachments just not work, or am I missing something?

You can't host anything on this forum, any files (including images) have to be hosted externally and just linked. All the old KCT versions are publicly available right now anyway through SpaceDock or Curse so I wouldn't advise posting it anyway.

5 minutes ago, magico13 said:

You can't host anything on this forum, any files (including images) have to be hosted externally and just linked. All the old KCT versions are publicly available right now anyway through SpaceDock or Curse so I wouldn't advise posting it anyway.

Thanks for the heads up.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I am having trouble having the sim button pop up to run simulations. I am using kct, and some parts mods, along with crew r&r and a other support mods but none of them should conflict. I did a clean install of just KRASH and its dependencies, and still nothing. I have no output logs where they should be, or at least, I am unable to find them. I am running windows 10.

Any ideas on how to go about troubleshooting this? Will gladly bring an output log if I can find it (followed the tutorial on where to find them, they're not there)

On 7/22/2018 at 5:19 PM, CYoungCS said:

So I am having trouble having the sim button pop up to run simulations. I am using kct, and some parts mods, along with crew r&r and a other support mods but none of them should conflict. I did a clean install of just KRASH and its dependencies, and still nothing. I have no output logs where they should be, or at least, I am unable to find them. I am running windows 10.

Any ideas on how to go about troubleshooting this? Will gladly bring an output log if I can find it (followed the tutorial on where to find them, they're not there)

Look in my signature for a link on how to find the log files

Yeah, I looked, and couldn't see any generated. Its ok though, because I discovered the issue is that clickthroughblocker isn't installed properly despite i followed the instructions on that, but that's ok. I just worked around it for now by installing an older version.

Thanks for the work on this mod. It doesn't seem necessary on the surface until you start messing with things like kct.

• 3 weeks later...

I am using KRASH, KCT and Launch Failure (a long with several other mods) in a new career save. The last issue I have with this career for now is that when I run a KRASH simulation I still get part failures on launch. Is there anyway to prevent part fails while using in the KRASH sim? I will post this in the Launch Failure thread as well.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/24/2018 at 12:24 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

New release, 0.5.29:

• Thanks to github user @a21621107
    •     Rp-0 tooling integration
    •     Disable TestFlight during simulations
    •     Ignore RP-0 tooling costs in sim cost calculation
    •     Only update ship cost on editor modifications

Hi @linuxgurugamer, there's RP-1 release coming up soon now and these changes are quite important for both KCT (mandatory dependence) and for TestFlight. However, there's no official release with these changes for KSP 1.3.1 therefore there's unofficial build for those of us who are willing to use dev build of RP-1. With RP-1 coming to CKAN, the unofficial patch for KRASH is not a good solution - we need KRASH 1.3.1 release published on CKAN with the changes above.

I've done a fork from your master earlier today to recompile it against 1.3.1 but the issue is that ClickThroughBlocker and ToolbarController have not been compatible with 1.3.1 since a long time. For my own needs, I simply restored the original code (which you've replaced with your mods) and removed dependency for these two mods. This is simple for personal use but making my version public is not so easy anymore :)

There are two solutions I can see now:

- ask you to create a version for RP-1. This might or might now work :cool:

- ask you for a permission to publish my version as a separate mod i.e. "RP-1 KRASH" valid for 1.3.1 only with RP-1 as mandatory dependency.

Would you be ok with one of these? Maybe there are other solutions?

23 hours ago, Raphaello said:

Hi @linuxgurugamer, there's RP-1 release coming up soon now and these changes are quite important for both KCT (mandatory dependence) and for TestFlight. However, there's no official release with these changes for KSP 1.3.1 therefore there's unofficial build for those of us who are willing to use dev build of RP-1. With RP-1 coming to CKAN, the unofficial patch for KRASH is not a good solution - we need KRASH 1.3.1 release published on CKAN with the changes above.

I've done a fork from your master earlier today to recompile it against 1.3.1 but the issue is that ClickThroughBlocker and ToolbarController have not been compatible with 1.3.1 since a long time. For my own needs, I simply restored the original code (which you've replaced with your mods) and removed dependency for these two mods. This is simple for personal use but making my version public is not so easy anymore :)

There are two solutions I can see now:

- ask you to create a version for RP-1. This might or might now work :cool:

- ask you for a permission to publish my version as a separate mod i.e. "RP-1 KRASH" valid for 1.3.1 only with RP-1 as mandatory dependency.

Would you be ok with one of these? Maybe there are other solutions?

Another solution is to recompile both ClickThroughBlocker and ToolbarController for 1.3.1, and then recompile KRASH for 1.3.1.

How imminent is the RP-1 release?

34 minutes ago, Raphaello said:

Hi@linuxgurugamer ,

RP-1 is now officially released by @pap1723!!!!!! Turned out it had been just 6 days :) since I commented above.

Have you had some time to look into bringing new version of Krash to 1.3.1? It would be great to have an official release of KRASH too.

I'll see if I can get a 1.3.1 version out in the next day or so, I also need to recompile the ClickThroughBlocker and ToolbarController for 1.3.1

31 minutes ago, pap1723 said:

This sounds great @linuxgurugamer and we really appreciate it! 

Currently we are distributing the. DLL from @Raphaello as a download that needs to be installed separately. This hurts some CKAN ease of installation which is all but necessary with a mod of this complexity. 

What I will do will not be available through CKAN, unless I create a new CKAN config for the older version.  But I will provide you with a set of DLLs which can be included in RP-1 as an exception to my normal "No modpacks with my mods" rule

2 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

What I will do will not be available through CKAN, unless I create a new CKAN config for the older version.  But I will provide you with a set of DLLs which can be included in RP-1 as an exception to my normal "No modpacks with my mods" rule

This is what we do already now. The solution I'm looking for is something that would enable anyone to choose to install RP-1 from CKAN and an updated version of KRASH would be installed automatically (or not if the user chooses so as this is a recommended mod, not a dependency) from CKAN.

I thought that it would be possible for you to release "new" version of KRASH (0.5.26.2 or 0.5.29.99 for example) which would only be valid for 1.3.1. I'm not sure if this is possible though.