linuxgurugamer

[1.7] KRASH - Kerbal Ramification Artificial Simulation Hub (simulation mod for KSP) - Cost settings have been change

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, apocriva said:

.zip posted on spacedock contains EditorExtensionsRedux and not KRASH. :)

The github repository as well. Someone must have been dead tired last night. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Three_Pounds said:

The github repository as well. Someone must have been dead tired last night. :D

Both fixed, thank you, and yes, I was tired

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi.  Used the mod for the first time last night and noticed that during the simulation, it gave me 2 world firsts (some speed one and "splashed down").  Or at least, I saw the notification of them...I don't know if those were reverted when I ended the sim.

Hmmm...come to think of it, I'm not sure what version of this mod I have.  Something tells me I got it from CKAN, which would probably make it old.  

Great mod, btw.

Edited by beelzerob
Ckan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, beelzerob said:

Hi.  Used the mod for the first time last night and noticed that during the simulation, it gave me 2 world firsts (some speed one and "splashed down").  Or at least, I saw the notification of them...I don't know if those were reverted when I ended the sim.

Hmmm...come to think of it, I'm not sure what version of this mod I have.  Something tells me I got it from CKAN, which would probably make it old.  

Great mod, btw.

If you got it from CKAN, make sure it's the current.

And the world firsts are reverted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moved over from IR thread, because problem does not happen with stock orbit cheat, only KRASH: 

Here is a logfile and craft where I have reduced the number of base mods to three: Stockalike Station Parts Expansion, KRASH, and Infernal Robotics (with rework parts) and had the game open for no longer than was required to duplicate the issue: 

Logfile: https://www.dropbox.com/s/jhycq2xdha3ean1/Player_20161104_1223.log?dl=0
Craft: https://www.dropbox.com/s/atnieuhr2ly3uoe/Duna 6K Lander Concept Cleaner.craft?dl=0

To duplicate. Load craft, launch, confirm that robotics work on the launchpad, deploying shield and airlock. Revert to hanger, use KRASH interface Orbit Selection > Duna > Start Simulation, notice that the central tube is now shifted up the extendatron, which has itself shifted, and the hinge is no longer in the same position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use KRASH and Final Frontier (along with other mods) and noticed last night that some Kerbals achieved awards in Final Frontier from a simulation flight, and when the simulation was over, they still had the awards.  I'm going to post this in the Final Frontier thread as well, as I do not know which one is causing the problem (KRASH not reverting everything, or FF not respecting the revert).  Thanks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, beelzerob said:

I use KRASH and Final Frontier (along with other mods) and noticed last night that some Kerbals achieved awards in Final Frontier from a simulation flight, and when the simulation was over, they still had the awards.  I'm going to post this in the Final Frontier thread as well, as I do not know which one is causing the problem (KRASH not reverting everything, or FF not respecting the revert).  Thanks. 

I would suspect FF.  Krash reverts the entire file, but if FF keeps some stuff in memory, it's not going to know about the test.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im playing a save i start at 1.1.1 ->1.1.2->1.1.3->1.2.1

i notice that krase is changing

            CanQuickSave = True
            CanQuickLoad = True


to

            CanQuickSave = False
            CanQuickLoad = False

in persistent.sfs

i had to kill the game 2 times so far to fix the persistent.sfs file and reload

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, danielboro said:

im playing a save i start at 1.1.1 ->1.1.2->1.1.3->1.2.1

i notice that krase is changing

            CanQuickSave = True
            CanQuickLoad = True


to

            CanQuickSave = False
            CanQuickLoad = False

in persistent.sfs

i had to kill the game 2 times so far to fix the persistent.sfs file and reload

It does that during a simulation, and is supposed to revert it when the sim is done.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

that part i know.
the problem is that it didnt revert.
is it possible it only revert it after i go out of VAB?

i looked at my saves (i use your auto save and screen shot)to look wer it started

hir are 2 log files i had from this period (i dont reload often. from the save`s, i had this problem  for a number of days until i noticed )
i doubt thy have something relevant but just in case

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16595946/KSP-rterror.log

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jqtckw8yltmy7oq/KSP-KCTerror.log?dl=0
 

in this period i had at list 1 VAB crase and ~ 2 forces kill after ship switch that didnt switch (>20 minutes on black screen)
as far as i remember i didnt have a crase doring a KRASH sim

 

i installed most of you mods, grate work :)

p.s.
i liked KCT sim better any chance you compere the 2? and see if it had implementation you like?
(i do get crases doring sims and in KCT sim i dont have to edit the file i just reload the sim_backup.sfs file)

Edited by danielboro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, danielboro said:

that part i know.
the problem is that it didnt revert.
is it possible it only revert it after i go out of VAB?

i looked at my saves (i use your auto save and screen shot)to look wer it started

hir are 2 log files i had from this period (i dont reload often. from the save`s, i had this problem  for a number of days until i noticed )
i doubt thy have something relevant but just in case

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16595946/KSP-rterror.log

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jqtckw8yltmy7oq/KSP-KCTerror.log?dl=0
 

in this period i had at list 1 VAB crase and ~ 2 forces kill after ship switch that didnt switch (>20 minutes on black screen)
as far as i remember i didnt have a crase doring a KRASH sim

 

i installed most of you mods, grate work :)

p.s.
i liked KCT sim better any chance you compere the 2? and see if it had implementation you like?
(i do get crases doring sims and in KCT sim i dont have to edit the file i just reload the sim_backup.sfs file)

You shouldn't have to edit the file, KRASH checks to see if it needs to load the saved copy.  For example, if you close the program in the middle of a sim, etc.  Same thing as a CTD.

KRASH works differently than KCT.

Send me your save file.  Since you have migrated it from 1.1.1 on up, I wonder if there is something odd in the file

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the next release could possibly move down the simulation cost display in the flight scene by a few pixels, it is partially obscured by the remote tech connection display.

https://imgur.com/a/6YGVn

Edited by Errol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Errol said:

In the next release could possibly move down the simulation cost display in the flight scene by a few pixels, it is partially obscured by the remote tech connection display.

https://imgur.com/a/6YGVn

That is a configurable option, check the settings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/30/2016 at 4:10 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

It does that during a simulation, and is supposed to revert it when the sim is done.

 

It consistently does not revert for me. I end a simulation and find that I cannot save and/or load. I just encountered a bug where I started a flight outside of a simulation and the mod thought I was in a simulation when I pressed ESC. I "ended" the simulation in the menu, and I remained in flight and was able to return to KSP with the ESC menu, however I was not able to recover the vessel directly from flight with the drop down menu at the top of the screen. 

Edited by subyng

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, subyng said:

It consistently does not revert for me. I end a simulation and find that I cannot save and/or load. I just encountered a bug where I started a flight outside of a simulation and the mod thought I was in a simulation when I pressed ESC. I "ended" the simulation in the menu, and I remained in flight and was able to return to KSP with the ESC menu, however I was not able to recover the vessel directly from flight with the drop down menu at the top of the screen. 

Log file, please

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i have the same thing as subyng

ckan say i have v-5.22.1

i jumped using KAC to a different ship and the sim active started

i used esc to end the sim i was worried ill lose ~1.5H but i didnt lose any time

wen i went to KSC it started agen

this is a screen from the VAB

i checked the save and CanQuickSave = False is back

after going to the KSC i did try to run a sim, but i still have missing(locked) parts and KRASH wont allow running a sim of a ship whit locked parts

i canceled the attempt but i think KRASH didn't notice

edit:after exiting the vab i still get the massage sim active (in KSC) but in the save CanQuickSave = False was reverted to CanQuickSave = True

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16595946/‏‏KSPkrasherror.log

muRY1BG.png

from my experience whit KRASH in 1.1.3 i think it has a problem whit KCT

i had a similar problem wen i used the KCT sim and KRASH  on the same ship one after the oder back wen i was using 1.1.3

i avoided using KRASH after that, but KCT is removing the sim function and is recommending KRASH as the replacement

 

edit 2:

after ~10H of running, the game CTD (my standard way of exiting KSP ) i had a look at the save folder to see the lost time from last persistent and i see that there was no saves for the all 10H

i have your auto saves and screen shot set at a save every 35 minutes so i only lost ~10m but no new persistent save for ~10H is unusual

Edited by danielboro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 7:19 PM, theonegalen said:

Hey there @linuxgurugamer! I posted a few months ago that I would try this out with Kerbal Konstructs, and so I have been. They seem to work well together, which one exception - I cannot start a simulation from anywhere but the KSC launchpad and runway. I'd like to be able to simulate from the various KerbinSide runways, but this does not seem to be possible. Am I derping somewhere, or is this just how KRASH is going to work?

 

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 7:46 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Not at present, but I'm planning on adding that in the future.


I, too, am curious to see the ability to test from other locations, particularly for career mode purposes (KRASH-testing for endurance, for example, to fulfill loitering / survey contracts.)  As things stand, I have to guesstimate equivalent distances and simulate everything from KSC-proper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 10:24 PM, linuxgurugamer said:
On ‎12‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 8:43 PM, Errol said:

In the next release could possibly move down the simulation cost display in the flight scene by a few pixels, it is partially obscured by the remote tech connection display.

https://imgur.com/a/6YGVn

That is a configurable option, check the settings

I see the configuration option you mention, but the X,Y number entry isn't entirely intuitive.  As things stand, I think it's necessary to guess at numbers to change from the KSC-scene and then go into the VAB / SPH to attempt a sim sequence, by trial and error.  Perhaps making this option accessible from either within-sim or within the VAB / SPH scene?  Or a tooltip on the options screen explaining what the numbers mean, what increments might be recommended, or possible info relating to different gameplay screen resolutions?

Unrelated: I run your mod with DangIt, TestFlight, and a few others.  Whether for any or all of these, or perhaps just the more popular ones like the two I just mentioned, would it be possible to coordinate with that mod to make it an option to disallow random failures in sim?  Perhaps in addition to allowing for centralized-interface intentional failures, or scheduling failures at specific points in the flight?  (Reposting this to those other mods, as well.)

(Note, I also run Kerbal Launch Failure Revived, which you seem to be helming as well.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[ERR 01:52:38.621] An abnormal situation has occurred: the PlayerLoop internal function has been called recursively. Please contact Customer Support with a sample project so that we can reproduce the problem and troubleshoot it.
i got this after doing another sim on mun surfes (~ the 5et sim in a row)

the games froze on a black screen after exiting the SPH
bifur jumping to mun

 thos are the logs

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uidyjdd8vdud4fk/KSP-log-KRASH-hang.zip?dl=0

Edited by danielboro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.