[1.12.x] KRASH - Kerbal Ramification Artificial Simulation Hub (simulation mod for KSP) - Cost settings have been change

linuxgurugamer

Has anyone been able to get this to recognise spawn points in Kerbal Konstructs?

I have been trying to use RO/RSS and the bumpy runway issue is giving my problems, so to get around it I tried using real KSC, but KRASH doesn't want to let me spawn there for testing :/

Edited by jospanner

Hi,

Am using this on 1.3.1 with RO/RP-0 suite, including Kerbal Construction Time.
Would it be possible to change one behavior? Currently, simulations are not allowed if the craft is heavier/taller then what current launchpad level allows.
But, especially with KCT, a launchpad takes sometimes years to be update, during this time IMO the simulation process should be allowed, then the craft built in the VAB and then only rolled out when the launchpad is effectively upgraded.

LGG, if you agree with this logic, I may try to propose a clear update if you so desire on github.

On 2/13/2019 at 10:24 AM, jospanner said:

Has anyone been able to get this to recognise spawn points in Kerbal Konstructs?

I have been trying to use RO/RSS and the bumpy runway issue is giving my problems, so to get around it I tried using real KSC, but KRASH doesn't want to let me spawn there for testing :/

Not yet, although I recently found some code which shows me how to do it, so I may be getting that done sometime in the future.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2019 at 12:47 AM, Jezzick said:

Hello there! 

I really like this mod, and appreciate the work you've done to create/maintain it. 

I am seeing a peculiar issue after enabling wireframe in the difficulty settings. 

Whenever I perform a simulation, after exiting sim the wireframe is still applied and does not cease until the game is restarted. 

Please let me know if you know anything about what may be causing this issue, or how it can be resolved. 

I am happy to provide logs if you need. 

Thank you!

I've just come back to KSP after about a 2 year hiatus. I saw the wireframe option, thought it was neat (I've actually forgotten I was simulating something in KRASH in the past), and immediately experienced the same thing. Logs here: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AoyHZiRU1jT-zLUbptJ0el1LcXz5-w

And, @linuxgurugamer, it's been said many times by many people, but I don't know if I could play KSP unmodded (been using mods since .25) and you really are doing an amazing job keeping so many mods alive and well. Thank you. :)

6 hours ago, eightiesboi said:

I've just come back to KSP after about a 2 year hiatus. I saw the wireframe option, thought it was neat (I've actually forgotten I was simulating something in KRASH in the past), and immediately experienced the same thing. Logs here: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AoyHZiRU1jT-zLUbptJ0el1LcXz5-w

And, @linuxgurugamer, it's been said many times by many people, but I don't know if I could play KSP unmodded (been using mods since .25) and you really are doing an amazing job keeping so many mods alive and well. Thank you. :)

I've confirmed the bug, will see what I can do to fix it

• 3 weeks later...

I am sorry to bother you... 
Coming from RP-1, some of us are usnig TestLite now:
https://github.com/ec429/TestLite
It would be nice if KRASH deactivated it on simulations. 
Can it be done?
It would have to be for 1.3.1 (there is already a Krash version for it), but if it could be done for 1.6 its okay too. Rp-1 will move to 1.6 eventually and TestLite might replace TestFlight.
Thanks!

Edited by Agustin

On 3/19/2019 at 11:38 PM, Agustin said:

I am sorry to bother you... 
Coming from RP-1, some of us are usnig TestLite now:
https://github.com/ec429/TestLite
It would be nice if KRASH deactivated it on simulations. 
Can it be done?
It would have to be for 1.3.1 (there is already a Krash version for it), but if it could be done for 1.6 its okay too. Rp-1 will move to 1.6 eventually and TestLite might replace TestFlight.
Thanks!

It's not a bother to be polite and ask.

I'd rather wait until it's a bit more mature.  Support was added for TestFlight by another user, so it shouldn't be that difficult to add.  What you can do for me is contact the TestLite author and indicate that you'd like him to provide an API for KRASH to use.  It can be as simple as a public method which toggles it on/off.  

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

So, speaking with the author of the mod, it seems that TestLite has a Deterministic Mode on difficult settings, in which failures are disabled and only fail when flying over the burn time of the engine. So KRASH could temporary change to the "deterministic Mode" when simulating. Is that enough for you? 
Thanks!!

Edited by Agustin

Hey @linuxgurugamer, in case you missed it, I have created a PR to your repo here. I'd appreciate it if you'd have a look at it and maybe release a backport for 1.3.1 if you're ok with it. I know that some RP-1 players (including NK) are avoiding this mod on purpose because of the bug(s) that cause the savegame to be marked as a sim while it's actually not.

Another improvement to KRASH that I would really like to see is an option to start a sim while bypassing all the pad, VAB and unlock status checks. It's sometimes really useful to validate a vessel while the pad is still being upgraded in KCT. Personally I also have a quite large collection of vessels already designed that I would like to test while the research for the parts is still in progress. I know that's not the easiest thing to implement because of how you currently launch the vessel in code. But it should be totally doable because for example KCT is currently bypassing all the checks when it launches the vessels. What are your thoughts on this?

4 hours ago, siimav said:

Hey @linuxgurugamer, in case you missed it, I have created a PR to your repo here. I'd appreciate it if you'd have a look at it and maybe release a backport for 1.3.1 if you're ok with it. I know that some RP-1 players (including NK) are avoiding this mod on purpose because of the bug(s) that cause the savegame to be marked as a sim while it's actually not.

I'll look at it this evening.  Looks simple enough.

4 hours ago, siimav said:

Another improvement to KRASH that I would really like to see is an option to start a sim while bypassing all the pad, VAB and unlock status checks. It's sometimes really useful to validate a vessel while the pad is still being upgraded in KCT. Personally I also have a quite large collection of vessels already designed that I would like to test while the research for the parts is still in progress. I know that's not the easiest thing to implement because of how you currently launch the vessel in code. But it should be totally doable because for example KCT is currently bypassing all the checks when it launches the vessels. What are your thoughts on this

KCT is launching vessels from anywhere except the editor screen.  Totally different environment.  I'll have to take a look to see if this is doable, but it's not going to happen right away

I'm not sure why, but when I simulated my munar lander, the entire mun (or perhaps everything except the mun) was periodically jerked to one side. On the first test this led the lander to crash, and on the second it caused any EVA'd kerbals to be unable to get back to the lander and eventually to die from a collision with the terrain. While the lander was touching the munar surface it was safe, but when I took off with it it was slammed into the terrain and blown to bits. I've landed probes not in simulation and they've been fine. I have principia installed, if that makes any difference.

• 1 month later...

@linuxgurugamer Just a report, I tested the version 0.5.29.8 with KSP 1.7, and it seems to be working, except that during simulations if I enable time acceleration (even the slowest acceleration), the orbit of the current vessel changes considerably, as if the planet underneath suddenly rotates a lot. I'm not sure what's causing this, and it seems to be the only bug, so just letting you know :)

5 minutes ago, aluc24 said:

@linuxgurugamer Just a report, I tested the version 0.5.29.8 with KSP 1.7, and it seems to be working, except that during simulations if I enable time acceleration (even the slowest acceleration), the orbit of the current vessel changes considerably, as if the planet underneath suddenly rotates a lot. I'm not sure what's causing this, and it seems to be the only bug, so just letting you know :)

Thank you.

That's actually an old bug.  Do you have Hyperedit installed? If so, please try removing it and testing again

20 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Thank you.

That's actually an old bug.  Do you have Hyperedit installed? If so, please try removing it and testing again

is that Hyperedit fault?
i installed Hyperedit  after having this bug (not in sim) (multiple times) and instead of infinite fuel to fix the new orbit i installed Hyperedit

p.s. as far back as KSP 1.3

20 minutes ago, danielboro said:

is that Hyperedit fault?
i installed Hyperedit  after having this bug (not in sim) (multiple times) and instead of infinite fuel to fix the new orbit i installed Hyperedit

I don't know. I've seen the same issue without KRASH but with Hyperedit, and since KRASH uses some HypeEdit code, i figured it won't hurt.

On 5/1/2019 at 4:06 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Thank you.

No sir, no Hyperedit on my installation. I did notice this bug before, but I think it is somewhat worse in Krash 0.5.29.8 and KSP 1.7 combo.

• 1 month later...

I have the same issue as well, but I don't have Hyperedit. Some posts from 1-2 years back show that the same bug existed/may still exist in Hyperedit as well. So it's quite likely the shared code is causing the issue. 

Edited by subyng

Nope, nevermind. Happens regardless of whether you undocked or not. 

I can confirm that it seems to happen after undocking a vessel. Before that, it doesn't occur. It does seem to be the case that the planet you're orbiting suddenly skips a head in its rotation. 

I'm using the latest version of KRASH and KSP 1.7.1

Edited by subyng

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/1/2019 at 8:06 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

Thank you.

On 5/2/2019 at 4:58 AM, danielboro said:

is that Hyperedit fault?

On 5/2/2019 at 5:20 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

I don't know. I've seen the same issue without KRASH but with Hyperedit, and since KRASH uses some HypeEdit code, i figured it won't hurt.

I have also seen this bug, and I've never used hyper edit before, but I'm going to go a bit further, and ask if it's possible the simulation orbit rotation "jerk" could persist in some form after the simulation. I have noticed in some situations, geosynchronous comm relay sats in orbit will wildly shift position, and i often notice it shortly after running some new simulation, but I don't recall this happening much if at all before 1.7.