[1.12.x] KRASH - Kerbal Ramification Artificial Simulation Hub (simulation mod for KSP) - Cost settings have been change

linuxgurugamer

37 minutes ago, madindehead said:

Fully upgraded to Level 3 :/ There is possibly some interaction via JX2 Antenna's and Outer Planets Mod though. I know OPM increases base station range and I think JX2 can nerf it back down. 

So much for that theory

I have been digging a bit and I still can't find the exact mod that causes the problem. I think it's going to involve testing by deleting one mod at a time: starting with the UI mods :/ Part packs really shouldn't affect it but they contribute the most to load time. BDB for example takes an age to load but I don't think it's the culprit. I'll try and run through it sometime in the next week...

If anyone else is having a similar issue with being unable to select orbits it would be great. The rest of the work works perfectly it's just the orbit selection UI goes totally blank (see image below). I will keep at this. I'm determined to find what the problem is. The ability to test in orbit is really useful! I suppose I could launch it, then HyperEdit into orbit (does that even work in the sim) but it's a massive pain!

K2sm68U.png

Edited by madindehead

• 3 weeks later...

So I may have found the issue. But it's a weird one. 

I think, when all my current mods are installed, that Tarsier Space Technology is causing the orbit selection to break. However, if I run Tarsier Space Technology on its own it works perfectly. There is some interaction somewhere, on some level,  between Tarsier and some other mod. I need to dig a lot more to find it - it's a nightmare trying to do it because I need to delete the mod and then reload the game. Unless there is some way for me to add mods easily without restarting my game everytime? 

Update: The above isn't really valid anymore. Continuing the testing, I've narrowed it down to the following few mods:

Airplane Plus, Aviation Lights, Shuttle Orbiter Construction Kit, Bon Voyage, Grounded, Interkosmos, KAX, Feline Utility Rovers, KSP Rescue Pod Fix, Nehemia's Orbital Science, Plume Party, QuizTechAeroContinues, reDIRECT, Smoke Screen and Waypoint Manager. 

I'm sure the parts packs have no effect but I don't use most of them right now and I want to play the game for a bit now! I will continue my investigations. 

I'm fairly certain that Bon Voyage is causing my problem. 

Edited by madindehead

On 8/19/2019 at 9:35 AM, madindehead said:

So I may have found the issue. But it's a weird one. 

I think, when all my current mods are installed, that Tarsier Space Technology is causing the orbit selection to break. However, if I run Tarsier Space Technology on its own it works perfectly. There is some interaction somewhere, on some level,  between Tarsier and some other mod. I need to dig a lot more to find it - it's a nightmare trying to do it because I need to delete the mod and then reload the game. Unless there is some way for me to add mods easily without restarting my game everytime? 

Update: The above isn't really valid anymore. Continuing the testing, I've narrowed it down to the following few mods:

Airplane Plus, Aviation Lights, Shuttle Orbiter Construction Kit, Bon Voyage, Grounded, Interkosmos, KAX, Feline Utility Rovers, KSP Rescue Pod Fix, Nehemia's Orbital Science, Plume Party, QuizTechAeroContinues, reDIRECT, Smoke Screen and Waypoint Manager. 

I'm sure the parts packs have no effect but I don't use most of them right now and I want to play the game for a bit now! I will continue my investigations. 

I'm fairly certain that Bon Voyage is causing my problem. 

Just ran into this issue as well, so thank you for doing all this troubleshooting on it. Uninstalling Bon Voyage didn't fix it for me unfortunately, so I was wondering if you did end up finding anything else?

15 minutes ago, billybob579 said:

Just ran into this issue as well, so thank you for doing all this troubleshooting on it. Uninstalling Bon Voyage didn't fix it for me unfortunately, so I was wondering if you did end up finding anything else?

Nah. Bon Voyage was the one for me - so as soon as it worked without that I was happy enough. I wasn't using it properly at the time so I was able to bin it. Annoying thing is, I would like to use it in the future :/ 

OK - Tarsier Space Tech is also causing me problems - this is insane! I want to use KRASH - it's great for testing craft (much easier than launching and then doing Hyperedit fixes for orbits etc) - but I want to use the parts from Tarsier Space Tech - why would they be interacting with each other and causing the orbit selection window to not work? 

Thanks for the update. Still getting the orbit selection bug but I have narrowed it down - it seems to be an issue with the ALL option. 

If I go to the "Landed" tab, select "Planets", and then go into the "Orbit" tab I can select a planet to orbit around. "Moons" works the same. Going back to "All" breaks it again. 

As for mods that cause it to happen - still not a clue. I had Bon Voyage as causing a problem and now it's Tarsier Space Technology but running Tarsier Space Technology and KRASH together with nothing else is absolutely fine so there's some awful interaction somewhere. Not a damn clue where and I really can't be bothered to find it anymore. 

• 5 weeks later...

So I tried to start a simulation, and it's telling me I don't have enough money.  My fault for not paying attention to how much all my simulations were costing.  So I decided to go into the settings and set everything to zero.  But it still tells me I don't have enough money.   What am I doing wrong?

UPDATE:  Never mind.  The reason is that I have zero funds, and I'm guessing it will not me do it even if the cost is zero.

Edited by MerlinsMaster

Krash still has an annoying error. After a simulation you lose the last modification on your rocket. It loads a variant, which is at least one iteration older. I noticed this while using procedural parts on a non saved rocket. After the simulation the modified tanks went back to a prior state. 

On 10/13/2019 at 6:20 PM, New Horizons said:

Krash still has an annoying error. After a simulation you lose the last modification on your rocket. It loads a variant, which is at least one iteration older. I noticed this while using procedural parts on a non saved rocket. After the simulation the modified tanks went back to a prior state. 

That may be a quirk of PP.  

To determine, load a vessel, add a stock part, go into a sim, and then return.  If the part is still there (as I expect it to) then it’s something with PP.  Let me know either way.

On 8/28/2019 at 11:08 AM, madindehead said:

OK - Tarsier Space Tech is also causing me problems - this is insane! I want to use KRASH - it's great for testing craft (much easier than launching and then doing Hyperedit fixes for orbits etc) - but I want to use the parts from Tarsier Space Tech - why would they be interacting with each other and causing the orbit selection window to not work? 

If you can get me a log file, I might be able to figure out whats breaking in KRASH.  Sounds like a nullref is happening somewhere

7 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

To determine, load a vessel, add a stock part, go into a sim, and then return.  If the part is still there (as I expect it to) then it’s something with PP.  Let me know either way.

I checked it. Your tip was very helpful. Stock parts do remember there last settings before a simulation run. So I changed gimbal range of an engine and it was restored to me choosen value after sim. But parts, which have fueltanks from PP or RF (doesn't have to be tanks - capsule shows it already, when changing its electricitiy stored) forgot their stats. I am not, sure, wheather it is PP alone or RF. I have a comination of them. 

I have a nother very old problem. How to stop a simulation after hitting escape once and neglecting the abort of simulation? Is there a secret short cut? Recovery is not available, too? I always have to hard close the game and restart.

19 minutes ago, New Horizons said:

I have a nother very old problem. How to stop a simulation after hitting escape once and neglecting the abort of simulation? Is there a secret short cut? Recovery is not available, too? I always have to hard close the game and restart.

I wasn't aware that this was an issue.  Obviously I don't have an answer for you :-)

12 hours ago, New Horizons said:

dosent the game pause untill you press resume or abort?
i don't remember closing the window and not be able to reopen it later
and i spent 500000 last Sat on sims for a new rocket.

19 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

not just PP
i seen this so many times, that  i do a sim for every rocket pre lunch to make sure its the correct version
and i save pre sim and load post sim.
and if i dont do all 3 steps i see old version failing on lunch.
got a remainder to do that on Sat :)
and its not just part settings i hade at times
missing fuel lines wrong engeans, fuel level(if i set it to less then full)

8 hours ago, danielboro said:

dosent the game pause untill you press resume or abort?
i don't remember closing the window and not be able to reopen it later
and i spent 500000 last Sat on sims for a new rocket.

--> The game pauses correctly. I couldn't repeat my observation. It might have been a weird conflict with other mods (such as KCT or whatever)

and i save pre sim and load post sim.
and if i dont do all 3 steps i see old version failing on lunch.

--> Heard this workaround before and it guaranties success but takes more clicks and time :-)

On 10/16/2019 at 10:12 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

I eventually find it out. I never came to the idea to hit escape again, after closing Krashs window for ending or restarting sim. I looked for an icon in the toolbar, but Krash does not provide such one in flight mod.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

After I run a simulation with Krash, Action Groups no longer work.  I can click the Action Groups button but after that, hovering the mouse over the Action Groups list on the left no longer highlights them, clicking on them does nothing and clicking on a part when in Action Groups mode highlights it in blue for a fraction of a second and the Action Groups menu appears for the same brief fraction and then it goes back to a state as if I hadn't clicked the part in the first place.  This issue then continues until I exit the game all the way through to desktop and load it again.  After loading from desktop again, Action Groups work as normal until the first time I run Krash, then they're gone again.

I have a ton of other mods so just to make sure none of them were clashing with Krash to cause this bug, I removed all of them except 000_ClickThroughBlocker, 001_ToolbarControl and Krash, started a new game, this time with Action Groups enabled from the start, and we get exactly the same issue.  I even tried clearing input locks when in Action Groups and that doesn't help either.

Edit - I have both Breaking Ground and Making History DLCs installed if that's relevant.

Edited by PaulNewson1968

I have had the same issue PaulNewson1968 reported but never made the correlation with KRASH, I just thought it was a KSP bug in 1.8.x. When I get time I'll get it to happen and put the log in case that might help track down the issue.

UPDATE: Had a moment to do a run through to reproduce the problem. Loaded, went into SPH, checked action groups with no problems, did a simulation using KRASH, terminated simulation back to SPH, checked action groups and parts just do a quick flash for actions making them uneditable.

Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/j47g9se4f0nekfv/Player.log?dl=0

Edited by JeffreyCor

On 12/1/2019 at 10:06 PM, JeffreyCor said:

I have had the same issue PaulNewson1968 reported but never made the correlation with KRASH

I think that it might not be Krash now.  When I tested, I ran with Krash and its two dependencies vs vanilla.  However, after reinstating my usual array of mods, including KCT, I discovered that if you go to the VAB/SPH list in KCT and click * then Edit on an item in the building or hanger, after you finish editing and click either 'Save Edits' or 'Cancel Edits' in the KCT window then you get the same probem. If you don't have KCT, this process disables the standard exit button.  So it seems that if you leave the VAB/SPH construction by some means other than the standard buttons (Launch or Exit), this problem occurs.  So it seems to me that the bug is in one of the Krash dependencies (most likely Click Through Blocker I guess).  Either that or the main code doesn't reset something unless you use the 'proper' buttons to exit, in which case it is up to the mods which enable exiting via a different button to replicate the behaviour associated with clicking the standard buttons.

TL;DR: I now think it is either Click Through Blocker or BOTH KCT and KRASH.

Either way, I don't want to spend any more time fretting over a minor issue in a game when I  ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶t̶  should be working.

Is anyone seeing a performance drop in the VAB/SPH after ending a simulation? Everything works fine for me until i run a sim, but after ending it, I get like 15 frames a second in the VAB/SPH and have to hard exit the game. Tested with just KRASH and dependencies. Never had this in previous versions, but not ruling out the possibility that i've gone and done something stupid, so wondering if anyone else has reported the effect 

Never mind, just had it happen without this mod. the fact it was happening after a simulation was coincidence. Will have to look elsewhere.

Edited by vardicd