[1.12.x] KRASH - Kerbal Ramification Artificial Simulation Hub (simulation mod for KSP) - Cost settings have been change

linuxgurugamer

2 hours ago, vardicd said:

I have also seen this bug, and I've never used hyper edit before, but I'm going to go a bit further, and ask if it's possible the simulation orbit rotation "jerk" could persist in some form after the simulation. I have noticed in some situations, geosynchronous comm relay sats in orbit will wildly shift position, and i often notice it shortly after running some new simulation, but I don't recall this happening much if at all before 1.7.

I have seen the orbits jerk, but usually associated with HyperEdit being installed. Since KRASH uses the same code as HyperEdit, it's possible there is something in there messing up the orbits when time accelerates.  No idea what is causing it, however.

• 2 weeks later...

First of all, awesome mod! Love the functionality, makes reverting seem much less cheaty since I am doing it in a simulation environment!

Bug Report:

RP-1 install on 1.6.1 using the recommended version of krash from CKAN (0.5.29.8). Occasionally when I do a simulation the game seems to stick in "simulation mode" preventing me from saving/loading the game.

Creating Bug: Build a vehicle using unlocked parts that were not unlocked previous to loading this instance of the game and save the blueprint. Exit VAB and load game to a previous save where parts were not unlocked. Go back into VAB, load the vehicle and start a simulation. The game will notify you that it cannot launch due to parts not researched. Research the parts then launch the simulation. Terminate the simulation (may require restarting the simulation as well, I'm not sure). Exit the VAB. The game now gives the alert "Creating Saves is not Allowed in this Scenario". After launching a vehicle, entering the pause menu opens up the Krash pause menu.

Current Workaround: Launch any vehicle after bug is activated. Hit escape to enter the main menu, select terminate simulation and revert back to VAB/SPH. The game will now allow loading/saving normally.

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed this error cropping up a lot in my log file when running with KRASH on 1.7.3:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at KRASH.KRASH.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

at KRASH.KRASH.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

I was just testing things on 1.7.3, might roll back to 1.7.2 for a bit (well use my other installation directly). 

11 hours ago, MerlinsMaster said:

Does anyone know if this runs on 1.7.0?  I just installed it, but I'm not seeing the SIM button.

You're probably missing a dependency. You need unBlur for the toolbar controller (usually the one that gets missed). It works fine in 1.7.2. Need to test in 1.7.3.

Edited by madindehead

18 hours ago, ggerolamo said:

It definitely works in 1.7.3 !

I use it without problems... 

greetings

ggerolamo

Ok thanks for letting me know. I'll try and find what is stopping it in that case.

edit: I tried a clean install with only Krash and it doesn't show in 1.7.3

https://imgur.com/a/ifvSYHH

edit 2: I forgot to put toolbarControl into the clean install shown in that pic. I added it and now I can at least see the button for Krash but it doesn't have any effect when pushed.

I'm now also seeing the button in my heavily modded version of the game but again it has no effect when pushed.

edit 3: I tried 1.7.2 and 1.7.1 and it gives me the same result. The button is visible but left or right clicking gives no effect. Obviously I'm missing something but I can't see what. I've been through all the mods looking for dependencies but I'm pretty sure I have them all.

Edited by uglyduckling81
additional info

Do you experience that bug in Krash, that undoes last change in VAB after a simulation. So a simulation can go well, but latest chances on fins, adding parts or or something like that get lost, when not done again before building/launching the rocket.

23 hours ago, ggerolamo said:

before the 'clean' (re)install did you uninstall and delete the  corresponding directory in /GameData/ ?

(I think it's named ../GameData/KRASH --> sorry, but I'm not at my PC now)

greetings

ggerolamo

Yeah I deleted the entire game data folder. Changed the version number to be used in steam which downloads the changes. Then I verified the install which it found 2 files missing or something.

Then I add the KRASH mod and it's dependencies and their dependencies.

On 7/19/2019 at 12:56 AM, uglyduckling81 said:

Ok thanks for letting me know. I'll try and find what is stopping it in that case.

edit: I tried a clean install with only Krash and it doesn't show in 1.7.3

https://imgur.com/a/ifvSYHH

edit 2: I forgot to put toolbarControl into the clean install shown in that pic. I added it and now I can at least see the button for Krash but it doesn't have any effect when pushed.

I'm now also seeing the button in my heavily modded version of the game but again it has no effect when pushed.

edit 3: I tried 1.7.2 and 1.7.1 and it gives me the same result. The button is visible but left or right clicking gives no effect. Obviously I'm missing something but I can't see what. I've been through all the mods looking for dependencies but I'm pretty sure I have them all.

Do you actually have a rocket that can be tested? The button shows but won't do anything unless you have a part placed. If you only have KRASH and the dependencies installed then it should just work. 

I just tested it with about 100 mods in 1.7.3 and it all seems to run fine. 

8 hours ago, madindehead said:

Do you actually have a rocket that can be tested? The button shows but won't do anything unless you have a part placed. If you only have KRASH and the dependencies installed then it should just work. 

I just tested it with about 100 mods in 1.7.3 and it all seems to run fine. 

Yeah I tried loading up a rocket that was space capable that I had saved and creating a craft with a pod and SRB and neither would allow me to simulate.

Obviously I'm missing something but I can't see what it is. I'll have another fiddle around tomorrow when I get some time.

6 hours ago, uglyduckling81 said:

Yeah I tried loading up a rocket that was space capable that I had saved and creating a craft with a pod and SRB and neither would allow me to simulate.

Obviously I'm missing something but I can't see what it is. I'll have another fiddle around tomorrow when I get some time.

Remember you need Toolbar Control and ClickThroughBlocker and unBlur as dependencies. I would reinstall if that doesn't work. 

Edited by madindehead

23 hours ago, New Horizons said:

Do you experience that bug in Krash, that undoes last change in VAB after a simulation. So a simulation can go well, but latest chances on fins, adding parts or or something like that get lost, when not done again before building/launching the rocket.

yes

i save befor i do a sim and load after

17 hours ago, madindehead said:

Remember you need Toolbar Control and ClickThroughBlocker and unBlur as dependencies. I would reinstall if that doesn't work. 

Downloaded all the mods again and put them in the clean install version and it worked :)

So I copy all the files from the working install to my heavy mod version and now it works too.

Thanks for your assistance.

New release, 0.5.30.1

• Added InstallChecker.cs
  • Updated AssemblyVersion.tt
  • Thanks to @siimav for this:
    • Check the unlock status of all parts before allowing to start a sim
    • Previously the code only checked whether the tech for the part was researched but was missing the entry cost check. This had a nasty side effect of marking the current save as being a sim whereas the sim itself couldn't actually be started because stock VAB checks failed.
  • Thanks to @RCrockford for this:
    • Added integration for disabling Testlite as well as TestFlight.

Still getting issues with this in 1.7.3 when trying to test in an orbit. It's mod related (just don't have a clue which one :/). Error log is here.

This seems to be a common error:

at KRASH.LaunchGUI.drawSelectorWindow (Int32 id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, Int32 instanceID, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

GUI Error: You are pushing more GUIClips than you are popping. Make sure they are balanced)

(Filename:  Line: 504)

I know it works fine in 1.7.3 with no mods. 

17 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Without a log file I can't do anything.

Log file is posted. Where it says "Error log is here". If that link doesn't work, let me know. Maybe I should just post the link instead of hyperlinking it to keep it neat :) 

Update: I did some testing today. Made a new save game, sandbox mode and KRASH orbit selection works with all of my mods installed. I then tested it in a NEW career mode save, orbit selection breaks again. 

Edited by madindehead

3 hours ago, madindehead said:

Log file is posted. Where it says "Error log is here". If that link doesn't work, let me know. Maybe I should just post the link instead of hyperlinking it to keep it neat :) 

Update: I did some testing today. Made a new save game, sandbox mode and KRASH orbit selection works with all of my mods installed. I then tested it in a NEW career mode save, orbit selection breaks again. 

posting as a link is usually better, as it's obvious 

I'll take a look at it later

14 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

posting as a link is usually better, as it's obvious 

I'll take a look at it later

No problem. Will bear it in mind for future. I double checked this morning. Results are as follows. All brand new save games on existing install:

Sandbox mode: KRASH allows orbit selection with my installed mods.

Science mode: KRASH allows orbit selection with my installed mods.

Career mode: KRASH does not allow orbit selection with my installed mods.

Is this somehow related to a mod which works alongside contracts which is not enabled/interacting when not in career mode? Might help to track it down. 

Edited by madindehead

4 hours ago, madindehead said:

Career mode: KRASH does not allow orbit selection with my installed mods.

Ummm, I think you just hit the nail on the head.  What's your tracking station level?  It's quite possible that I don't allow orbit selection if the tracking station isn't upgraded.

4 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ummm, I think you just hit the nail on the head.  What's your tracking station level?  It's quite possible that I don't allow orbit selection if the tracking station isn't upgraded.

Fully upgraded to Level 3 :/ There is possibly some interaction via JX2 Antenna's and Outer Planets Mod though. I know OPM increases base station range and I think JX2 can nerf it back down. 

Edited by madindehead