[1.12.x] KRASH - Kerbal Ramification Artificial Simulation Hub (simulation mod for KSP) - Cost settings have been change

linuxgurugamer

2 minutes ago, Death Engineering said:

Try 'ClickThroughBlocker'.

Try clickthroughblocker, in what way? It's a dependency for a couple of mods I'm using so i have it, or are you suggestion that maybe that's causing the lag I had?

23 hours ago, Death Engineering said:

@PaulNewson1968 , @JeffreyCor et al. ...

I rolled ClickThroughBlocker back to "1.8.0-0.1.9" and the problem is gone. 

Just FYI, I will not provide any support for my mods if you don't have the latest version of ClickThroughBlocker and (if needed) ToolbarController installed

On 12/10/2019 at 12:57 AM, Death Engineering said:

@PaulNewson1968 , @JeffreyCor et al. ...

I rolled ClickThroughBlocker back to "1.8.0-0.1.9" and the problem is gone. 

Thanks for that.  When I went to the GitHub page to roll back, I noticed that there was a new version (13 hours old at time of writing this) 1.8.0-1.9.5 so I tried that instead of rolling back.  Problem solved.

New release, 0.5.31.4

• Fixed bug which occurred when leaving the editor while the selector window was open
  • Added cost adjustment ability, accessible in stock settings page

I've had comments in the past the the costs were too high. I added the cost adjustment to address this without changing any existing configs

Edited by linuxgurugamer

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/27/2016 at 6:37 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

In the event of either a game crash during the simulation, or exiting the program, restarting the game will restore 
the game to the point just before you started the simulation.

So, my power went out while in a simulation, and I am now unable to load a new craft into the editor.  The KRASH button was greyed out and unresponsive in the VAB.  I was getting NREs thrown just sitting in the space center view, and got one every time I tried to load any craft in the VAB.  Removing KRASH from my install resolved the problem and everything seems to be in order now.   I will try to reinstall the mod with this save and see if it straitens out or the issues return, i hope that launching/saving the game without the mod installed will clear out whatever buggy state it was in.  But off to work now will have to try later. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Minor bug I noticed, if you try to simulate a craft that costs more than current funds, it will not simulate, but the game will get stuck in simulation mode until KSP is restarted

• 3 weeks later...

hi! I wondered if there was any way of using Kerbal Konstructs launch sites with TestLite KRASH. I am working on very big spaceplanes that do not take off from the short & buggy stock runway and I would like to test them by taking off from a bigger KK runway. Thanks in advance!

Edited by hypervelocity

14 minutes ago, hypervelocity said:

hi! I wondered if there was any way of using Kerbal Konstructs launch sites with TestLite. I am working on very big spaceplanes that do not take off from the short & buggy stock runway and I would like to test them by taking off from a bigger KK runway. Thanks in advance!

This is not TestLite.  Please post your question in that thread, here:

Edited by linuxgurugamer

3 hours ago, hypervelocity said:

wow today is not my day, sorry, meant to say KRASH - is there a way for KRASH to pick up KK-configured launch sites?

Not really.  and I'm not planning on adding it, but if someone else were to do it, I'd be happy to accept a PR

Sorry

• 5 weeks later...

I love this mod and use it every time I play KSP!

I would like to ask about the following issue, which is where the vessel skips ahead in its orbit when you initiate time warp. https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/KRASH/issues/26  

Does anyone else see this happen? I was hoping to come up with a report for LGG that had good specifics in it, but I cannot pin down this behavior to anything predictable. For me it's completely random, happening most of the time but not every time, maybe 7 out of 10 times? I've tried to take note of things like what planet pack/planet, what type of vessel, crewed vs non-crewed, altitudes, planets with and w/o atmospheres, etc. I've seen absolutely no pattern. The only slightly predictable thing I have noticed is that it usually only happens when the sim session starts in orbit, instead of from the launch pad. But again, sometimes doing this works fine, so it's not that simple.

The Github issue mentions KJR and BTW, but I can assure you those are red herrings - I've never used either one.

Anyway, just curious if anyone else sees this?

• 3 weeks later...

Is it possible to integrate a new feature in KRASH sim?
I play RP1 with KERBALISM and for testing could it be usefull if i can change the inclination, because some experiments need a specific inclination.

Maybe altitude "200000/65°", "200000/65" or something like for entering in the textbox.

• 3 weeks later...

Before I put together a log and github issue for lgg, I was hoping some kind soul would confirm they can reproduce this bug? 

1. Start any sim session (e.g. a capsule on the launchpad)
  2. Press ESC, and select Terminate on the KRASH dialog
  3. On the next dialog that offers Revert to VAB or Cancel, click Cancel.

At this point the KSP session is trashed, though it's still running. Large portions of the UI are now unresponsive, and eventually trying to get out of this (clearing input locks, pressing ESC) only makes it worse until the game finally hangs completely. I have to terminate the KSP process at this point, so don't do this in the middle of some crucial mission :)

Just want to say I love this mod, thanks for keep it maintained! I have lost about 6 kerbals in my no load/save Kerbalism game before I reinstalled KRASH. Now, when developing my SSTO, spent about 70k in simulation costs. I chock it up to "Development Costs". Still cheaper then losing 15 SSTO and 30 Kerbals.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it normal to have sim cost not going up when time warping? Both physics warp and normal warp time doesn’t seem to be accounting for the sim cost in my setup. Some mods i have that’s related to time is better time warp, time control, Kerbal construction time... and maybe kerbalism?

13 hours ago, Nistenf said:

there's a KRASH option that stops cost going up during timewarp

I tried looking for it but i don't think there is?? Do i have to edit it in the cofig file?

edit:) sorry i just figured out u can change them from the setting panel (which u use when starting a new save but can be also opened in ingame setting) i thought the only option u can change was in the KSC toolbar KRASH window.

Edited by One eyed Smile

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I dunno if this is known issue, but I haven't anyone talking about it yet. Something really weird happened while running a simulation on the mun, I want to try out a direct reentry trajectory, and when I start timewarp torwards the maneuver it literally skips like changing my position and orientation in orbit, weird AF. Another possible cause would PersistentRotation which I guess messes with reference point. Just throwing it out there in case anyone noticed it before, and I haven't heard of "skip time" feature.