[1.12.x] KRASH - Kerbal Ramification Artificial Simulation Hub (simulation mod for KSP) - Cost settings have been change

linuxgurugamer

6 hours ago, Gfurst said:

So I dunno if this is known issue, but I haven't anyone talking about it yet. Something really weird happened while running a simulation on the mun, I want to try out a direct reentry trajectory, and when I start timewarp torwards the maneuver it literally skips like changing my position and orientation in orbit, weird AF. Another possible cause would PersistentRotation which I guess messes with reference point. Just throwing it out there in case anyone noticed it before, and I haven't heard of "skip time" feature.

*unhelpful post is unhelpful - you've been warned*

I noticed this myself yesterday while testing my Mun Lander in JNSQ. You can eliminate Persistent Rotation from your list of suspects as I don't use it. I put it down to "Frankenbuild" on my part (I'm using mods for lots of different versions for KSP which may/may not be supported in 1.9). I actually put it down to the 1.9 version of Kopernicus at the time, but haven't really had time to do a proper troubleshooting session.

LGG - not expecting you to do anything with this, I'll try and make a proper reproduction case later/over the weekend and do a proper bug report if it's KRASH.

Edited by severedsolo

6 hours ago, severedsolo said:

I noticed this myself yesterday while testing my Mun Lander in JNSQ. You can eliminate Persistent Rotation from your list of suspects as I don't use it. I put it down to "Frankenbuild" on my part (I'm using mods for lots of different versions for KSP which may/may not be supported in 1.9). I actually put it down to the 1.9 version of Kopernicus at the time, but haven't really had time to do a proper troubleshooting session.

No amount of info, as little helpful as can be, is unhelpful. At least you can discard the possibility of it being Kopernicus, I thought Frankenbuild was something I had built before realizing you're referring to a modded install, but yeah I have several mods lacking update to the latest version, however on thing that changed recently is that I updated from 1.10.0 to 1.10.1. Could be something there, I didn't notice anything happening while on Kerbin low orbit, or while on Mun without a simulation. Folks with a install better suited for this, may test it out to see if we can pin down to what exactly is happening there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

First: linuxgurugamer thanks for creating and/or maintaining all these mods, they are awesome!

Second: I am getting a lot of NullRef Exceptions when I enter simulation. The exceptions themselves don't seem to reference KRASH, but they seem to only happen when I enter simulation. Could you (or someone else) please have a look and see if they are a KRASH issue or if I should be looking somewhere else.

My Player.log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pZDhiknTG2VDtHanKosxqb_Z4el6BWPA/view?usp=sharing

(The first thing I did after loading the game was saving as test001, then I entered VAB, loaded a vessel and went into simulation.)

I'm running 1.10.1 with RSS, Kopernicus Bleeding Edge, LRTR and a 100 other mods.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

First time I've used mods. Using the latest version 0.5.33.2. Simulated a vehicle in orbit around the Mun to simulate a landing test. After time warping to my desired landing approach the vehicle seemed to teleport to another spot in the orbit... Is there a bug with time warp right now? Happy to paste logs if directed to log locations.

P.S. Also running latest version of KSP from Steam.

Edited by cfogrady

18 hours ago, cfogrady said:

First time I've used mods. Using the latest version 0.5.33.2. Simulated a vehicle in orbit around the Mun to simulate a landing test. After time warping to my desired landing approach the vehicle seemed to teleport to another spot in the orbit... Is there a bug with time warp right now? Happy to paste logs if directed to log locations.

P.S. Also running latest version of KSP from Steam.

It's a known bug, no idea why it happens, but only happens while (AFAIK) in sim mode, so it's very low priority 

On 10/6/2020 at 1:23 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

It's a known bug, no idea why it happens, but only happens while (AFAIK) in sim mode, so it's very low priority 

Hm... Not a C# expert, but I'll take a look because I'm very interested in simulating stages in isolation. FYI. Discovered as a work around, that setting orbit via the Debug Toolbar doesn't cause any issues. So for now I'm starting the simulation on the pad, and setting orbit via the Debug Toolbar for the rest of the simulation.

P.S. Similarly starting with an orbit around the Mun from the simulator and then using the Debug Toolbar to reset the orbit around the Mun also seems to workaround the issue.

Edited by cfogrady

On 9/25/2020 at 11:07 AM, boribori said:

First: linuxgurugamer thanks for creating and/or maintaining all these mods, they are awesome!

Second: I am getting a lot of NullRef Exceptions when I enter simulation. The exceptions themselves don't seem to reference KRASH, but they seem to only happen when I enter simulation. Could you (or someone else) please have a look and see if they are a KRASH issue or if I should be looking somewhere else.

My Player.log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pZDhiknTG2VDtHanKosxqb_Z4el6BWPA/view?usp=sharing

(The first thing I did after loading the game was saving as test001, then I entered VAB, loaded a vessel and went into simulation.)

I'm running 1.10.1 with RSS, Kopernicus Bleeding Edge, LRTR and a 100 other mods.

Thanks!

@linuxgurugamer I finally got around to test with a clean install. Way fewer nullrefs now, but still some, could you have a look please? Player_KRASH_202010081000.log

• 3 weeks later...

I will second the issue with jumping around during simulations. I haven't run into this outside of sims, but it really messes with my ability to use the mod to test out any kind of mission beyond simple "are all the parts bolted on the right way and behaving as expected"

On 10/27/2020 at 2:10 PM, bdole92 said:

I will second the issue with jumping around during simulations. I haven't run into this outside of sims, but it really messes with my ability to use the mod to test out any kind of mission beyond simple "are all the parts bolted on the right way and behaving as expected"

I've run into the jumping orbit bug myself, during regular gameplay. One way to trigger it (for me) is to "jump" your timewarp from 1x to something high - if you click the warp bar to go straight to 100000x, or use the "warp to node" feature that comes with KAC (I think that's what gives that function, at least,) I've noticed it'll mess up the orbit.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

KSP 1.10.1, JNSQ, Science Mode game. The Orbit Selection menu shown below. Selecting any of the "galaxy" items (which do not show in the tracking station) leads to a crash to desktop. The log file is quite large but shows that the body doesn't have an orbit, which starts the downhill progression. Any way to filter these out before the selection dialog? Obviously "don't click those" but also, if you do by accident, it's rather unpleasant.

Ue3coWm.png

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Fijqbp9CdBFfbIiQkdDr3CBYDfhhOZjJ/view?usp=sharing

• 2 weeks later...

A quick question - is it possible to get KRASH to ignore comms requirements for simulations?

I'd like to be able to test landers for other planets, but when I try a simulation I have no control because I don't yet have relays in place in the live game.

11 hours ago, Ravlain said:

A quick question - is it possible to get KRASH to ignore comms requirements for simulations?

I'd like to be able to test landers for other planets, but when I try a simulation I have no control because I don't yet have relays in place in the live game.

Not at present,  add an issue for it on Github

• 1 month later...
45 minutes ago, 01watts said:

Possible conflict with RP-1 - One of my astronauts retired during a KRASH simulation, but stayed retired after I exited the simulation!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

When KRASH reverts back to the pre-simulation state, it somehow doesn't reset everything. This includes messages from completed contracts and many other variables that should be reloaded from the save file.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello @linuxgurugamer!

I want to using KRASHWrapper.cs in my reliability mod as I have seen others to use it to prevent failures on simulations. Is it legal to simply copy it into the project without any changes in license (MIT in my case)? Should  I explicitly mention the origins of the file somewhere or is your disclamer in the file enough for everyone to use it without changes?