Northrop Grumman B-21 Flying Wing (and others)

CrisK

Here's a semi-replica of the proposed Northrop Grumann X-47C. I call it a semi-replica because I used an MK2 cockpit (the real X-47 is unmanned).

Link to Imgur album.

GnVopYY.png

This is a blended-wing-body design rather than a flying wing. Unlike my flying wing replicas, this design uses 2 brake rudders to maintain yaw control. The wing shape was copied almost exactly from Northrop Grumman's specs, but scaled down to Kerbal size.

It's extremely maneuverable, moreso than a real-world 4th generation fighter. It can also supercruise at Mach 2.2 with ease - no sideslip.

In fact, I tested the X-47 up to Mach 3, and it's completely stable right up until the point where it overheats. I attached a screenshot of it flying at Mach 2.7.

SAS + reaction wheels are disabled as they're unnecessary and unrealistic.

Northrop Grumman plans to use this blended wing design on all of their future UAVs and I can see why. It's extremely stable at all speeds. However, they'll be using the flying wing V shape for the upcoming B-21.

kSzeWSD.png

9d8vQ86.png

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Northrop Grumman's MQ-25 Submission:

General Atomic's Avenger MQ-25 Submission:

Lockheed Martin RQ-170 Sentinel:

Mods: FAR, B9 wings.

Northrop Grumman's F/A-XX Program prototype:

The wings were a little tricky for this one. I tried to reproduce them as faithfully as possible.

17 hours ago, He_162 said:

Try making them white for the screenshots though, I can hardly ever see any of your craft.

Thank you, but I don't understand your post. Could you give me an example?

Northrop Grumman drone built with 0.625 parts.

On 8/21/2017 at 5:14 PM, CrisK said:

Thank you, but I don't understand your post. Could you give me an example?

Northrop Grumman drone built with 0.625 parts.

2EEAR4B.png
I can hardly see any detail on the craft, so it's just a black shape. That makes it hard for me to make up my mind whether or not I like it, because anyone can just take wings and make a shape, but seeing the detail is what makes a craft good.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.