We're not paying enough

26 minutes ago, Veeltch said:

Why copy something that already exists though? People won't buy it if it's just a copy of some other game +Kerbals.

I haven't seen any game that has a big planet, easy to use editor and a lot of air-breathing engines (+ the ability to create races and use weapons maybe). Something like the BAD-T tournament. I would buy THAT in a heartbeat.

Where does it exist?

You think taking game ideas from 2 different games and making a different game is a copy of something?

Have you even seen pioneer? Have a look and tell me you wouldn't like to play KSP there.

1 hour ago, Daveroski said:

Where does it exist?

In Pioneer.

You think taking game ideas from 2 different games and making a different game is a copy of something?

All I'm saying is that it won't sell well if we throw a ship editor and Kerbals into Pioneer. Making it an MMO sandbox/dogfight/racing flight sim game on the other hand could attract millions of new people (just like War Thunder does, for example).

Have you even seen pioneer? Have a look and tell me you wouldn't like to play KSP there.

I have actually seen it and I'm planning to play it really soon, but as stated above: I can't really see a completely new game when those two get mixed together. Pioneer + ship editor + kerbals. The only difference between both games is that one lacks Kerbals and one lacks the ability to trade (though it seems like it's been achieved successfully in Kerbal Kommander).

On 06/27/2016 at 4:07 PM, THX1138 said:

I think it should still be beta, given the instability and other bugs... I'd be annoyed if they started working on KSP 2 or DLC.

There will be no KSP 2 or paid DLC. Ever.

The game is not ready for a 1.0 stamp or even close to complete either. They have chosen to spend a large part of the revenue on their own projects. Personally I would have liked to see that money going on hiring more experienced Unity and game devs so the game can finally be fixed and finished.

I would happily pay more if I knew it would go towards KSP development and not some other 'projects'.

Edited by Majorjim

42 minutes ago, Majorjim said:

There will be no KSP 2 or paid DLC. Ever.

The game is not ready for a 1.0 stamp or even close to complete either. They have chosen to spend a large part of the revenue on their own projects. Personally I would have liked to see that money going on hiring more experienced Unity and game devs so the game can finally be fixed and finished.

I would happily pay more if I knew it would go towards KSP development and not some other 'projects'.

How do you know what projects it was/is spent on?

Just now, THX1138 said:

How do you know what projects it was/is spent on?

Various sources, mainly ex devs. They spent a lot on funding their own projects. Some made music, or a studio or something and another made/is making a game. Best not to chat about that in too much detail lest we feel the wrath of the moderators. It is all part of that ex dev pay controversy.

6 hours ago, Veeltch said:

In Pioneer.

All I'm saying is that it won't sell well if we throw a ship editor and Kerbals into Pioneer. Making it an MMO sandbox/dogfight/racing flight sim game on the other hand could attract millions of new people (just like War Thunder does, for example).

I have actually seen it and I'm planning to play it really soon, but as stated above: I can't really see a completely new game when those two get mixed together. Pioneer + ship editor + kerbals. The only difference between both games is that one lacks Kerbals and one lacks the ability to trade (though it seems like it's been achieved successfully in Kerbal Kommander).

So by your definition then it wouldn't have kerbals in it.

Opening up the galaxy and going interstellar with millions of worlds wouldn't do it.

You have every right to be contrary it is a basic freedom after all. Good luck with that.

Please understand If I fail to respond to anything else that you say. Just expressing my right and freedom.

20 minutes ago, Daveroski said:

So by your definition then it wouldn't have kerbals in it.

Opening up the galaxy and going interstellar with millions of worlds wouldn't do it.

You have every right to be contrary it is a basic freedom after all. Good luck with that.

Please understand If I fail to respond to anything else that you say. Just expressing my right and freedom.

Huh?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.