The Amfibie Challenge.

So guys, here it is: The Amfibie Challenge.

The time that i came up on this challenge was when i was messing around with planes and cars... i decided to make a flying car with retractable wings... This was really fun to make and i would definitely give it a shot if i was you...

Easy mode: Make a flying car

Normal mode: Make a flying car that can dive underwater

Hard mode: Make a flying car with retractable wings that can dive underwater

You can use the mods: Infernal Robotics, tweakscale, procedural tanks and kerbal joint reinforcement (b9 aerospace for designing, you have to use stock engines tho)

my craft:

you will have to take of the runway and make a few turns in the air, then you will have to dive into the sea (<-- normal mode or higher) then you have to take off uit of the water (<- normal or higher) and then you land on the ground. You have retract your wings (if your are doing hard mode) and drive into a building with a speed of around 20 m/s.

Rating will be done on how the craft looks. i won't put you in the leaderboards if you are using cheats or mods that i don't allow.

-easy mode:

-normal mode:

1. notsodeadjeb 'THE Koyoda  Kundra'

2. PointySideUp 'microsub of flying'

-hard mode:

1. I guess me?

Have fun with this challenge!
Ps... you will be rated higher if you make a video about it! And if you subscribe on me (advertisement, i know)

Edited by Chocolat Oreos

By "dive into the sea" do you mean at speed? Or do you mean stall, hydroplane, and slowly sink? Or perhaps land vertically in water using tilting engines?

Also, mod suggestion. If we're making highly irregular craft like this, I seriously suggest B9 P-wings. If we're making what are very likely to end up being lifting bodies or stubby-wing designs, may I also suggest doing the challenge in FAR, since it portrays those relatively accurately.

1 hour ago, Pds314 said:

By "dive into the sea" do you mean at speed? Or do you mean stall, hydroplane, and slowly sink? Or perhaps land vertically in water using tilting engines?

Also, mod suggestion. If we're making highly irregular craft like this, I seriously suggest B9 P-wings. If we're making what are very likely to end up being lifting bodies or stubby-wing designs, may I also suggest doing the challenge in FAR, since it portrays those relatively accurately.

so, you just have to show that the craft can go a little bit trough the water and is able to just dive underwater... it doesn't need to be complicated it just has to get like 20m under water and the way you do it doesn't matter and i will allow using b9 aerospace for designing

Edited by Chocolat Oreos

5 minutes ago, PointySideUp said:

The MicroSub of Flying takes a quick trip to the island runway, a nice little submerge, then lands back at KSC!

Nice, i will put you at nr 1 on the normal list

44 minutes ago, Evanitis said:

Guess it's time for The Leapfish! It's designed to reach orbit from underwater, but it functions as a car too. Full stock.

Sorry, but i see this more like a sea ssto and it doesn't look like a car at all, so i can't add you to the leaderboards. But the idea of launching a spaceplane from underwater is cool. Thanks for your efford!

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.