[1.12+] VX Series II Engine Pack Version 1.1.03 update - Final Update

Randazzo

Randazzo,

Have you considered providing lower thrust versions of any of these engines, similar to the old Impulse and Big Impulse? I found that with the older version of the mod, having a 40 kN 1.25m engine and a 120 kN 2.5m engine was the most valuable part of the mod. It enabled lower thrust engines in a larger form factor, helpful for transfer stages or unmanned probes. Now all the sizes and masses for vacuum operation are very comparable to stock. I fully agree that bigger bells should be included, but a lot of the value in these engines was a form factor that eliminated the need for fairings while still allowing lower TWRs in upper stages.

4 hours ago, Norcalplanner said:

Randazzo,

Have you considered providing lower thrust versions of any of these engines, similar to the old Impulse and Big Impulse? I found that with the older version of the mod, having a 40 kN 1.25m engine and a 120 kN 2.5m engine was the most valuable part of the mod. It enabled lower thrust engines in a larger form factor, helpful for transfer stages or unmanned probes. Now all the sizes and masses for vacuum operation are very comparable to stock. I fully agree that bigger bells should be included, but a lot of the value in these engines was a form factor that eliminated the need for fairings while still allowing lower TWRs in upper stages.

The old pack should work just fine if you prefer those engine models. You can find it on curse still: http://mods.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal/233482-vanguard-astrodynamics-vx-series-stockalike-engine

Scratch that, see below.

9 hours ago, ultraviolet150 said:

Any luck on these?

The pull request has been submitted to get the configs added.

https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealPlume-StockConfigs/pulls

9 hours ago, WillThe84th said:

These are pretty cool! Keep up the great work! 

Thanks!

Edited by Randazzo

VX Series II has been updated to version 1.0.2

• The Omicron and Sigma engines have been modified so that thrust is being generated from the Monopropellant nozzles while in Monopropellant mode. Previously thrust was being generated from the location of the main nozzle in either mode. This was an oversight.
  • The "Impulse" and "Big Impulse" have been added as optional Legacy parts. The entire original VX series is still available for download, though it is no longer supported and will not be receiving updates. By adding these parts to this pack, I will continue to support them.

@Norcalplanner

Edited by Randazzo

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I intend to modernize and release this wonderful mod under KGEx.

On 6/23/2017 at 12:05 AM, Randazzo said:

This mod and it's related contents are now dedicated to the Public Domain.

Permission has been granted. Thank you @Randazzo for all Randazzo mods. Working on them.

Edited by zer0Kerbal

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
20 hours ago, AtomicTech said:

Can I work on a Waterfall Patch for this?

Perhaps even continuing it?

The assets are in the public domain, so you may do whatever you like with them.

Though everything still works fully, so I'm not sure what you would be continuing.

• 2 weeks later...

Added three variants of the Hornet - please try them and see what you like or dislike about them. You can now attach radially if you want, and you can also stick things on the engines for whatever reason you might want to do that. The bottom attach node has moved slightly since it was apparently clipping into the fairing for the past 6 years.

There are also three custom suits added with a darker base texture and Red, Blue, and Yellow accents.

Sx8HVF4.png

Any other engines you would like to see with variants? I'm thinking the Constellation next, but pretty much everything else is already filling an intended niche role.

Edited by Randazzo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.