[1.1.2] Orbital Utility Vehicle v1.2.4

nli2work

On 6/13/2018 at 8:01 PM, Capt. James T. Kirman said:

It's always a shame to see mods as creative as these ones die.

Agreed. I'd call Linuxgurugamer as the most prolific mod maintainer for KSP, but the last time I tried that with something I was really interested in reviving, he said he already has too much on his plate.

If anyone else knows any KSP modders via this forum, I suggest you summon their assistance.

• 2 months later...

Knock knock...
Who's there??
FuzzyG!?
FuzzyG who/??

The Gman who is willing to do the fuzzy work on this mod....

I have Visual Studio 2017 Community, Unity (various version), Blender, Solidworks, AutoDesk (any that allow me to use my student status). 

BS in Computer Science - C++ major programming language but never real world applications. 

MS in Information Technology

Doctoral work in Educational Psychology. 

Please, please, please.... 

Let me be the FuzzyG.... I am a pretty good debugger in hardcoding. 

BTW, this particular mod will not work in 1.4.2 thru 1.4.5 without locking up softly (without actually crashing per se). I have access to quite a few versions from Steam beta testing

I want to find out why it locks up. I was using NoArks version....

Cheers,

:ph34r:

4 hours ago, FuzzyG said:

Knock knock...
Who's there??
FuzzyG!?
FuzzyG who/??

The Gman who is willing to do the fuzzy work on this mod....

I have Visual Studio 2017 Community, Unity (various version), Blender, Solidworks, AutoDesk (any that allow me to use my student status). 

BS in Computer Science - C++ major programming language but never real world applications. 

MS in Information Technology

Doctoral work in Educational Psychology. 

Please, please, please.... 

Let me be the FuzzyG.... I am a pretty good debugger in hardcoding. 

BTW, this particular mod will not work in 1.4.2 thru 1.4.5 without locking up softly (without actually crashing per se). I have access to quite a few versions from Steam beta testing

I want to find out why it locks up. I was using NoArks version....

Cheers,

:ph34r:

Its CC-BY-NC-SA 4.0 

On 9/21/2018 at 10:29 PM, Mecripp said:

Its CC-BY-NC-SA 4.0 

Are you indicating that CC-BY-NC-SA 4.0 is the current modder for the Orbital Space Tug, which CKAN is listing by two individuals; such as, nil2work "Orbital Utility Vehicle" and NohArk "Space Tug?"

Kind regards,

:ph34r:G

1 hour ago, FuzzyG said:

Are you indicating that CC-BY-NC-SA 4.0 is the current modder for the Orbital Space Tug, which CKAN is listing by two individuals; such as, nil2work "Orbital Utility Vehicle" and NohArk "Space Tug?" 

Kind regards,

:ph34r:G

Its license lets anyone that wants to pick it up can as long has they give credit

EDIT- And the mod for the Space Tug isn't this mod not sure on there license,  I would have to look it up 

Edited by Mecripp

1 hour ago, Mecripp said:

Its license lets anyone that wants to pick it up can as long has they give credit

EDIT- And the mod for the Space Tug isn't this mod not sure on there license,  I would have to look it up 

After I posted that I saw the license info that had those initials. I felt a little crunchy and I appreciate the insight as well. What I am trying to figure out is what area of the Orbital Space Tug is causing it to lock up thus freezing the install. I currently combined both files in the GameData folder but only have three grappler parts and not the two different attachable pods. The install on the combo seems to work fine, but I still need to do some more file configuring. I will update accordingly. 

Cheers,

G

• 3 weeks later...

Oh man I just found out about this mod as I was looking for Tug designs on google...This was an instant liking for me..Shame its not compatible with 1.4+..

I didnt realize most dds files are placeholders..so I just spent a lot of time redoing all the cfgs for nothing :P Really hope this mod can come to life again, it looks like a really amazing piece of work. Some tweakscale configs to up it to the 2.5m profile would be cool but thats a back-burner thing for sure right now. getting it working in a current ksp release is priority for anyone wanting to maintain this.

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Fergrim said:

what makes you say it doesn't work?

I can see the orbital tug parts in my VAB as we speak

It doesn't work texture wise for me, at least. And the engines do not appear, I had to entirely delete the IVA for the pod or it caused the game to hang up indefinitely too.

1 hour ago, Kauske said:

It doesn't work texture wise for me, at least. And the engines do not appear, I had to entirely delete the IVA for the pod or it caused the game to hang up indefinitely too.

Sounds more like you are running low on RAM in general. Are you using 64bit?

the game ends up hanging on one internal or another just because they load at the end.

1 minute ago, Nightside said:

Sounds more like you are running low on RAM in general. Are you using 64bit?

the game ends up hanging on one internal or another just because they load at the end.

Definitely not a ram issue, and I'm using 64 bit. Even with nothing else installed it doesn't want to load that IVA. Simply removing it solved the load-up issue. But the textures have the same issues others described, along with the engines not displaying in the parts list.

despite textures and mod dependencies, the DLL isn't updated to KSP releases. the drones' rcs doesn't work, their clamping doesn't work, fuel tank configs are off and their surface definitions are off.... :/ so sad because this is one hell of a cool mod

• 3 weeks later...

The reason parts aren't compiling for some people is that textures now have a minimum resolution of 4x4. The placeholder textures this mod has been using are 2x2 so I increased resolution on all placeholders.

No other changes have been made.

Released as version 1.2.5

Reminder: This mod has a Creative Commons sharealike attribution no commercial use clause - https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/

All licensing considerations should now be satisfied and I am putting this fixed version up for download here:

https://github.com/Starwaster/OrbitalTug/releases/latest

No other development will be undertaken by me at this time.

One issue; I did not include the IVA with this as it was a third party thing but apparently the tug cockpit references the IVA so it's not optional and will throw errors if the IVA is absent. (and trash any other part IVA that would have compiled AFTERWARDS)

Edit: Meh scratch that, didn't know what I was talking about. I missed a texture, that's all.

Edited by Starwaster

• 4 months later...

This is ABSOLUTLY the best utility TUG in the whole KSP universe!  I really wish you would update it for the newest version of the game.  I have seen far to many gems like this one that have been left to die and rust by the way side.  Sadly I am not a programmer.  

On 4/4/2019 at 2:22 PM, BaelRathLian said:

This is ABSOLUTLY the best utility TUG in the whole KSP universe!  I really wish you would update it for the newest version of the game.  I have seen far to many gems like this one that have been left to die and rust by the way side.  Sadly I am not a programmer.  

Might want to take a look at @Starwaster's post, just a couple of posts above yours.  ;)

12 hours ago, Snark said:

Might want to take a look at @Starwaster's post, just a couple of posts above yours.  ;)

Yeah saw that.  Does not say it was updated just that he released it.  Saw that on another page and it was just a re-post of the old mod.  I'll give it a shot though.  UPDATE :   Just tried it out and it has some strange white flare when using the thrusters.  A glitch or maybe it is goofing because of another mod?  

Edited by BaelRathLian
Update

• 1 month later...
On 7/18/2018 at 2:26 AM, JoE Smash said:

Agreed. I'd call Linuxgurugamer as the most prolific mod maintainer for KSP, but the last time I tried that with something I was really interested in reviving, he said he already has too much on his plate.

If anyone else knows any KSP modders via this forum, I suggest you summon their assistance.

Scratch that, @Starwaster already has an updated version

Edited by linuxgurugamer

@linuxgurugamer Sorry, I'm not sure what kind of license is appropriate for the file. It's a derivative work which has stock mesh and textures inside. In the end I consider this file obsolete, it was made before the "view internals" option was added to the stock game. This internal clips out of the cabin with the option enabled.

7 hours ago, Enceos said:

@linuxgurugamer Sorry, I'm not sure what kind of license is appropriate for the file. It's a derivative work which has stock mesh and textures inside. In the end I consider this file obsolete, it was made before the "view internals" option was added to the stock game. This internal clips out of the cabin with the option enabled.

Too bad.  You wouldn’t be inspired to make a correct one, by any chance?

have always enjoyed this mod. Just one question about the two adapters - they both have attachment nodes in the middle - both set to attach the wrong way so won't attach.

What are those for? one has a cargo bay that doesn't work - does anyone have a patch/fix for that?

20 hours ago, zer0Kerbal said:

have always enjoyed this mod. Just one question about the two adapters - they both have attachment nodes in the middle - both set to attach the wrong way so won't attach.

What are those for? one has a cargo bay that doesn't work - does anyone have a patch/fix for that?

yeah use node helper to point it anyway you want. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.