Mechanical Mouse Industries Development Thread.

Dani-Sang

It also has the advantage of being something new and not just almost the same as Probodobodyne (yes, you can learn to spell that with the right count of O\'s).

I just have to think of a really large satellite covered with pointless antennas from this pack and Probodobodyne ;P

Nice glowing effect you got there!

And overall very nice work on those parts, keep up the good work ;)

Problem is the Normal Map isn\'t working to give it more depth. Devs are thankfully looking into it.

Dani your projects are incredible. It is because you have this great skill............. that I challenge you..................... to make an animated space telescope 8) Lol just b/c it would obviously come out splendid. If ya get bored...

Dani your projects are incredible. It is because you have this great skill............. that I challenge you..................... to make an animated space telescope 8) Lol just b/c it would obviously come out splendid. If ya get bored...

I\'m pretty sure he already has. Check the picture that he posted of all his stuff in progress.

Thx for compliment guys, I appriciated it. Sadly something terrible happend and my main computer (where all project files are on) crashed and can\'t be started up anymore. It is now going for repairs so I have delay atm. Can still model on this computer, but I hope I won\'t have lost the other files. Lets cross fingers.

Intergration with 1.6 - 6 July

So a Dev post came out recently regarding all the parts and their sizes. I was worried in the beginning that my parts if I would convert them, would become massive satellites compared to the kerbals. However the sizes of the old stock parts aren\'t going to change which is only positive. I won\'t have to rescale my parts and the satellites will have normal sizes instead of those big ones I feared of. This also means that Probodobodyne will be extremely small compared to the whole new system. Cause those probes would be as big as or smaller then a kerbal himself?! I wonder how that is going to be pulled off. But my satellites and probes will stay +-1m in diameter.

My plan with the Satellite&Probes pack, is that you would be able to use those parts for other future parts that consist out of other packs. And that you would be able to use those for other spacecraft to give you full customization. I\'m not 100% sure how that will turn out for now, some elements will be too small such as some of the solar panels, So I might have to scale them up a bit more to make them fitting.

New Method of Updating

I\'m going to write proper 'blogs' here instead of a couple of pictures. GOing to add my reasoning and how I\'m going to aproch problems or methods of creating my models since I want to share my experience with you guys too. I might even do some video blogs. There is also a chance I might combine the 2 threads and make release thread my main and drop this one.

Peace

They won\'t stay 1m, the\'ll be auto-resized to have a diameter that could hold 1 Kerbal.

You\'ll be able to turn that off, but then you\'ll break compatibility to other parts.

rgr, the whole idea stays the same tho. Sadly they aren\'t giving the numbers of what we can expect.

Re-adjusting the style.

I\'ve been thinking the last couple of days on how to build up my parts on the texture side. The current textures that you see are all nice and all but aren\'t really something I like. Also I\'m afraid it will not fit in along with the stock modules that will come out during 0.16. I really dislike to see parts that don\'t fit in along with the stock modules. So I\'m deciding now that my parts will have the same color scheme as NovaSilisko\'s new stock parts seen in the picture far below.

They look nice and 'cartoony/steampunk'. He doesn\'t want realism because this is a whole other world. I\'m taking the same graycales and yellow tints here and there and use it for my own textures. Also some patterns I will replicate for my own. HOWEVER, I will still add elements myself. Such as the lights on the textures themselves. Currently I have red & blue lights but I will change everything into lightblue/cyan lights. Same reason as I want to keep everything the same style before they grow apart too far.

Also my solar panel texture is going to be redone aswel to move away more from realism to more a clean and less realistic style.

UmYcH.png

Re-adjusting the style.

I\'ve been thinking the last couple of days on how to build up my parts on the texture side. The current textures that you see are all nice and all but aren\'t really something I like. Also I\'m afraid it will not fit in along with the stock modules that will come out during 0.16. I really dislike to see parts that don\'t fit in along with the stock modules. So I\'m deciding now that my parts will have the same color scheme as NovaSilisko\'s new stock parts seen in the picture far below.

They look nice and 'cartoony/steampunk'. He doesn\'t want realism because this is a whole other world. I\'m taking the same graycales and yellow tints here and there and use it for my own textures. Also some patterns I will replicate for my own. HOWEVER, I will still add elements myself. Such as the lights on the textures themselves. Currently I have red & blue lights but I will change everything into lightblue/cyan lights. Same reason as I want to keep everything the same style before they grow apart too far.

Also my solar panel texture is going to be redone aswel to move away more from realism to more a clean and less realistic style.

UmYcH.png

I must say, I\'m not really disappointed with this. That red lights inevitably make me remember Darth Vader\'s light-saber. :P

I must say, I\'m not really disappointed with this. That red lights inevitably make me remember Darth Vader\'s light-saber. :P

Yeap, didn\'t fit in. I\'m going to use cyan or yellow light for all. Might look bit strange on Ion engine but it will look cool.

A blood red or orangish red exhaust would be cool, but that color would only really make sense if you threw in something like VASIMIR or 'sci-fi' stuff like Impulse engines from Star Trek.