Sign in to follow this  
NFunky

Proocedural Interstage Fairngs, how?

Hey guys, I've been playing a while with Proceedural Fairings, but I've honestly only just started to try to use interstage fairings.  With proceedural parts, it is often more efficient to have a rockeet with a diameter that isn't 1.25 or 2.5, and with the 'Thrust Plate', I've been using a lot of engine clusters too.

But I can't exactly figure out the interstage fairing.  I've gotten it to the point where I can make it look good, but it still claims it's shielding 0 parts.  Also, I don't understand what the decoupling stage is for, since it doesn't seem to be a regular stack decoupler.

I'm trying to make more realistic looking rockets that still perform well.  Interstage rings/fairings are a very common part of real rockets, but KSP (even with mods) seems to not consider them very important.

Just now, NFunky said:

Hey guys, I've been playing a while with Proceedural Fairings, but I've honestly only just started to try to use interstage fairings.  With proceedural parts, it is often more efficient to have a rockeet with a diameter that isn't 1.25 or 2.5, and with the 'Thrust Plate', I've been using a lot of engine clusters too.

But I can't exactly figure out the interstage fairing.  I've gotten it to the point where I can make it look good, but it still claims it's shielding 0 parts.  Also, I don't understand what the decoupling stage is for, since it doesn't seem to be a regular stack decoupler.

I'm trying to make more realistic looking rockets that still perform well.  Interstage rings/fairings are a very common part of real rockets, but KSP (even with mods) seems to not consider them very important.

The decoupler decouples the top node, that floats at the top. Use the extra height to cover the engine. I don't know about the shielding.