Maritime Pack & Submarine Pack 2.0 Dev Page

BT Industries

Maritime Pack  

151 members have voted

1. 1. What type of boats should this mod be focused on?

• Naval
    • Commercial
    • Civilian Crafts
    • Naval, Commercial Mix
    • Civilian Crafts, Commercial Mix
    • Naval, Civilian Crafts Mix
    • A Mix of All

2 minutes ago, Matuchkin said:

No, seriously. I'm planning an Elcano for next month, and I actually want to keep my promise this time. Is that time-frame plausible?

I'm afraid, that no. But keep an eye on us. May be we realise remake fast, and then we will start to make our own ships. Who knows...

9 hours ago, Matuchkin said:

No, seriously. I'm planning an Elcano for next month, and I actually want to keep my promise this time. Is that time-frame plausible?

1.1 needs to drop... if you want an electric engine now, just edit the cfg of the existing engine, and don't push the modde. Remeber that they are doing this for free.:D

I'd love a stockalike submarine parts pack that incorporates the existing formfactors but can aproximate the aesthetic style of the craft in subnautica. A KSP "cyclops" for exploring the seas of Laythe would be rad.

8 hours ago, Gryphorim said:

I'd love a stockalike submarine parts pack that incorporates the existing formfactors but can aproximate the aesthetic style of the craft in subnautica. A KSP "cyclops" for exploring the seas of Laythe would be rad.

For now I recommend

And sorry for my lack of replies I have been very busy lately.

Oh god, 1.1 is amazing. 

I'm already testing buoyancy model for it. As soon, as I finish testing, we will continue work on project. 

Srly, I really need that Admiral Kerman picture) My Microsoft Surface is still in US (and I'm in Russia) so I can't draw it myself)

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 8:58 PM, BT Industries said:

At the moment we are putting a team together.

I have started working on updating the mod.

Releases will be done on a boat by boat basis starting with the pleasure craft.

http://kspmods.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Banner1.jpg

Dont expect an official release before 1.1 though.

And just chucking it out there...

Due to the large amount of people wanting to use this for military boats Ineed to ask you guys how would you like to have armor work for these parts,

I was thinking of a heatshield like part which use a new resource called Armor. This was discussed and is easy to do but, is not exactly realistic.

What do you guys think? is this a good trade of? or should a more realistic way be created?

(In other words write a armor plugin and I have no idea on how to even approach this)

How about side attachment points that you slap the armor onto?

4 hours ago, Warp_8 said:

I think the original mod should be updated first, then other things should be added.

It is defiantly the main priority. 

Quick update...

We currently have @CliftonM working on a plugin (Thanks again Cliffton!!!) and everything is looking great for a release.

Just a small favour to ask from the community...

I did not buy KSP from Steam so I don't have access to 1.1 prerelease.

So can someone please confirm that the "unloading crafts in the water" issue has been fixed

(The one were your boats fall to bits when you leave it and launch a new craft).

Thanks.

Edited by BT Industries

3 hours ago, BT Industries said:

It is defiantly the main priority. 

Quick update...

We currently have @CliftonM working on a plugin (Thanks again Cliffton!!!) and everything is looking great for a release.

Just a small favour to ask from the community...

I did not buy KSP from Steam so I don't have access to 1.1 prerelease.

So can someone please confirm that the "unloading crafts in the water" issue has been fixed

(The one were your boats fall to bits when you leave it and launch a new craft).

I believe so.  Let me launch it and see.

EDIT:

Yep, it's fixed.

Edited by Guest

16 hours ago, DirtyVenomSteam said:

I know although this may seem a bit rude, but any chance of the slightest ETA, even if it's a very, VERY rough estimate?

I have no idea of how to  make a plugin, so if there is anyone who ha an idea of a rough ETA it would be @CliftonM 

I presume we aren't to far away though.

16 hours ago, DirtyVenomSteam said:

I know although this may seem a bit rude, but any chance of the slightest ETA, even if it's a very, VERY rough estimate?

Also, Firespitter's .dll is updated, just look on the github.

Thanks for the heads up, time to see if the propellers will now spin,

3 hours ago, BT Industries said:

Thanks for the heads up, time to see if the propellers will now spin,

No problem at all, I'm happy to help this awesome mod get revived. Because, honestly, Heavy Boats Part Pack isn't working at all for me, they just go flying into the air upon loading, Maritime never did that for me, so, hopefully this gets fixed up soon, I have aircraft carrier battles to have! :D

1 hour ago, BT Industries said:

I have updated the OP so it contains some more information and looks better And I  have also set up a Github page so the team can collaborate quicker.

Since the github's got the gamedata and all that nonsense, I could beta-test the parts to make sure everything works correctly for you, I mean, I'd honestly be ecstatic to help continue this mod. I'll report progress as to if it's working on 1.1 or not depending on updates. Just try to remember to PM me when there's an update and I'll test 'er out.

17 hours ago, DirtyVenomSteam said:

Since the github's got the gamedata and all that nonsense, I could beta-test the parts to make sure everything works correctly for you, I mean, I'd honestly be ecstatic to help continue this mod. I'll report progress as to if it's working on 1.1 or not depending on updates. Just try to remember to PM me when there's an update and I'll test 'er out.

Sure go ahead.

It would also be useful if you could comment straight onto GitHub.

How you guys can help and a prerelase download...

All though there is no official release yet, you are all welcome to download the W.I.P. prereleased version of the mod from the

Maritime Pack GitHub Release Page and help speed up the development by posting bugs and/or make a fix on GitHub and request a pull.

Edited by BT Industries

Trying out the prerelease (I have no idea how GitHub works!):

• Folder names with spaces are a bad idea
  • FS_ClipperEngine_1 stops the game from loading (Linux 64-bit version)
  • 'Clipper Hull Fuel Hull' has a whole 18 units of fuel. That doesn't seem right.

15 minutes ago, colmo said:

Trying out the prerelease (I have no idea how GitHub works!):

• Folder names with spaces are a bad idea
  • FS_ClipperEngine_1 stops the game from loading (Linux 64-bit version)
  • 'Clipper Hull Fuel Hull' has a whole 18 units of fuel. That doesn't seem right.

The engine 1 problem is known

@DirtyVenomSteam it works when you change the folder it is in.

Yet another reason to change the folder structure which is still identical to the original structure that Fangist used in every way 

How much fuel would you recommend the tank should hold?

Sadly I am currently working from my phone because mystery computer is constantly getting the clock watchdog timeout blue screen of death error.

@BT Industries - Could you please add me to the GitHub repo? organization?  

I've begun work on the new ballast modules today.  So far I have an intake module which will take in water if the vessel is splashed down, and can drain water anywhere:

RESOURCE
	{
		name = BallastWater
		amount = 0
		maxAmount = 60
	}

MODULE
	{
		name = intakeWater
		ResourceName = BallastWater
		flowRate = 5.0
	}

Edited by Guest

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.