What If

quasarrgames

There used to be another thread like this but it had way too much mud, so im making a new one!

The premise is simple: one person asks a what if question, the other person answers it, and asks a new one!

Sound good?

Okay!

I'll start:

What if the Axis powers in world war 1 had cast-iron riot shields?

Cast Iron would be tainted by association. For decades, it would be outlawed, and not until 50 years after the war would someone finally have a truly good plate of hash browns.

What if all cheese had a chance of spontaneously combusting?

Then my classmate would be a alien

I got 3 What If's

What if nobody made the Nuke

What if Challenger and Columbia did not explode,

What if Challenger was able to do a RTLS

1. If we didn't make the nuke, then the world would have a Japanese empire. Or America would own what Japan is today. Odd enough, I learned about the end of WWII in my History class today.

2. NASA would still be funded a lot.

3. I'm not sure what a RTLS is, though.

On 02/03/2016 at 9:27 PM, legoclone09 said:

3. I'm not sure what a RTLS is, though.

Return TLaunch Site

Anyway, you didn't ask a question. Someone else please continue.

What if the universe started off with Helium?

The extra national pride may have given the soviets enough momentum to prepare a mars mission. Americans would prepare one too, to get back their national pride, and we'd have nuclear-powered spaceships on mars by about 1990. It would be awesome! Maybe.

What if we discovered a way to get around the brain-blood-barrier and inject the neurotransmitter chemicals responsible for emotion (dopamine, serotonin, oxytosin, etc.) directly into our brains?

18 minutes ago, ZentroCatson said:

Dictators would be even more powerful.

What if cats and dogs would change roles?

hehehe... I have 4 cats that like to sleep with me... I would need another bed!

Here's one philosophers have pondered for centuries:
What if donuts didn't have holes???

I would get out some binoculars and look at it from way out here in the suburbs.

What if Earth's rotation rate started speeding up by 50% each day? (Fairly sure this is safe but noticeable acceleration, but it's too late at night to do the math)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, _PRATTER_ said:

(what is pointland?)

It's a Flatland reference (great book, awful movie!). Pointland is a zero-dimensional universe with a consciousness; it cannot perceive or understand anything outside it's own mind. If you try to tell it there are other beings and other dimensions, it will think the thought originated in it's own mind and will simply dismiss it as nonsense.

4 hours ago, _PRATTER_ said:

What if you where transfered to an alternative universe where the kerbol system was real? 

Then we could talk to aliens easily and also make interstellar ships that can go way faster then what we can do in our universe.

What if the K-Pg event had never happened?

The promise of quick and easy interstellar flight would lead to more public support of the pace program, and several Warp Ships are constructed in orbit, leading to new opportunities for colonization and interstellar flight.

What if Hitler's forces succeeded at the battle of Kursk?