What happened to being able to lock parts?

Now I may be mistaken, but I could've sworn awhile back Squad mentioned being able to lock parts in the editor so they cant be picked up. Every play session at some point I mis-click and wreck my crafts. Having to undo the mistake with ctrl-z is fine with small part counts, but once crafts start getting more complex this is asking for a crash to desktop.

A simple "lock/unlock" option in the right click menu to disable a part from being picked up. And somewhere down in the toolbar maybe a lock/unlock all. Imagine being able to lock all parts and then just enable the decouplers or isolate any part group.

I thought I read that clickthrough was fixed. I still experience it with a mod (Holodeck. I should probably report that...) but not on the stock menus. It could also be that it's been fixed in 1.1

Though there are more ways to accidentally click the wrong part than clickthrough. I don't recall them saying you'd be able to lock parts. I like the idea, though.

Click through is still here, albeit Soon(TM) to be killed by 1.1.

Easiest way to show it is to move the VAB camera so your rocket runs from the top to the bottom of the screen. Then, edit the description. This happens to me pretty often, especially when working on big rockets.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.