[1.0.5] [W.I.P] Mission Patches Volume 1 by Gravity Aerospace Solutions #G.A.S.

lextacy

UPDATE!! I now host on the new SPACEDOCK!

There comes a time when I convince myself that its time to start doing some modding. Well here is my treat to you all!

Introducing mission patches!!!  Plop these suckers on the side of your fairings or fuel tanks to show that you really care about your missions. These patches are based on a true story. The story of real space-flight missions, past and near-present. Now this is a work in progress. Let me know if you like them and if you ask nicely, I can add some of your recommendations of missions as long as they were done in real life or will be done in the future. Lets take a look at what it s the pack. You will get 30 patches as seen below....

mission%20patches%20vol%201.png

Note that this pack is a fork of Krasimir's Nebula decals. I have taken the liberty to expand on his work as he is no longer with the community. If you have the Nebula pack installed by him then you will need to remove that before installing my release. I have included his decal set which based on organizations and branding. This way you will have access to the legacy decals he made, and also mine. Hey umm maybe more pics?!

Delta II with Curiosity (okay I know it was launched on an Atlas V , put those pitchforks and fires away)

deltaII.png

Delta II with New Horizons payload.

deltaII_patch.png

Requirements :

Firespitter by snjo https://github.com/snjo/Firespitter/releases

TweakScale by Pellinor http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/80234

DOWNLOAD

SPACEDOCK LINK     http://spacedock.info/mod/324/Mission%20Patches%20-%20Volume%201

GITHUB LINK    https://github.com/lextacy-2008/Mission-Patches-Vol1

Installation :

1. Extract

2. Make sure NEBULA is the folder that is under the gamedata folder. Example....  KSP(whereEverONyourHARDdrive)/GameData/NEBULA

3. In the VAB you will see blank white squares with red text on them. This is your part. Install part and then right-click and then click "previous texture" or "next texture" to change the mission patches

NOTES:

-The mission patches are supported using the 1X1 square curved&flat decal plate. The 1X2 and smaller does not support these due to constraints.

-This is a WIP. This probably is not perfect. This is my first ever mod for KSP :/

Thanks and Hugs:

Thanks to Firespitter for his texture changing framework

Thanks to Pellinor for his tweakscale

Thanks to Krasimir for the Nebula Decals mod.

This mod is licensed using License: CC BY-NC-SA 4.0

Edited by lextacy
Day 1 patch release

8 hours ago, KvaNTy said:

Nice! But do we have to use only those tanks/fairings which already support putting flag on them or does this mod allows to put patches on any fuel tank?

this mod lets you put them on ANYTHINGS :D Heck you can even mount them on launch clamps , aeroshells, rovers, station modules as long as the part has proper surface collisions. One set of parts I ran into that will not support these is the AIES fairings :(  

Nice work so far!

Good to have this feature back and up to date.

First it did not work ingame for me. I figured out that the config file still has the path from NEBULA inside. Changed it and everything was working fine.

Edited by Jeb Jawkins

1 hour ago, Jeb Jawkins said:

Nice work so far!

Good to have this feature back and up to date.

First it did not work ingame for me. I figured out that the config file still has the path from NEBULA inside. Changed it and everything was working fine.

good find, ooopsy , must go upload a fix tonight! sorry guys!

23 hours ago, lextacy said:

this mod lets you put them on ANYTHINGS :D Heck you can even mount them on launch clamps , aeroshells, rovers, station modules as long as the part has proper surface collisions. One set of parts I ran into that will not support these is the AIES fairings :(  

Oh my that's awesome! :) I always wondered why the only thing we can is to place those tiny-tiny flags near pod's airlock like an address plaque near doorbell. It would also be awesome to also have kerbalized versions of known missions.
Would be glad to help if needed. But I'm more from C# side, drawing does not come to me as easy as that.
And you know, I'm not sure about the name of this topic. I guess most people think that it's yet another mission-themed flag-pack. Don't you think "Place-Anywhere Mission Patches" or something like that would do better?

BTW, how your HotRockets+RealFuels undertaking ended up?

Well crap. I was working on a fork of this myself. Kudos. You beat me to release. :P

The big thing I'm working on related to this, is making a system where you can bring your own diagrams, and drawings in the VAB, to use as a building reference, like so:

b6282ae6a1.png

I've given it a collider and attachment properties so that you can surface attach it to a part, offset it, and move it around, so you can align it with your vessel. 

I'm having difficulty executing on it. Something is messed up with the way it shades itself. It's super bright. Feel free to take the idea. I won't be releasing anything like it for a while here.

Edited by curtquarquesso

1 hour ago, KvaNTy said:

Oh my that's awesome! :) I always wondered why the only thing we can is to place those tiny-tiny flags near pod's airlock like an address plaque near doorbell. It would also be awesome to also have kerbalized versions of known missions.
Would be glad to help if needed. But I'm more from C# side, drawing does not come to me as easy as that.
And you know, I'm not sure about the name of this topic. I guess most people think that it's yet another mission-themed flag-pack. Don't you think "Place-Anywhere Mission Patches" or something like that would do better?

BTW, how your HotRockets+RealFuels undertaking ended up?

Thank you much! Well what I did was removed moduleRFengines. Did some cross referencing on how KW did them and bam , nailed it! Sadly I dont play around much anymore with engine effects. What has gotten into me?!

1 hour ago, curtquarquesso said:

Well crap. I was working on a fork of this myself. Kudos. You beat me to release. :P

The big thing I'm working on related to this, is making a system where you can bring your own diagrams, and drawings in the VAB, to use as a building reference, like so:

I've given it a collider and attachment properties so that you can surface attach it to a part, offset it, and move it around, so you can align it with your vessel. 

I'm having difficulty executing on it. Something is messed up with the way it shades itself. It's super bright. Feel free to take the idea. I won't be releasing anything like it for a while here.

Nice! How good is your modding experience? I see you can work with collides, maybe you can help me with some fairing colliders im having trouble with? I could consider looking at your idea as well. THat would definately come in handy when doing large scale stuff like the ISS. 

13 hours ago, lextacy said:

Thank you much! Well what I did was removed moduleRFengines. Did some cross referencing on how KW did them and bam , nailed it! Sadly I dont play around much anymore with engine effects. What has gotten into me?!

Nice! How good is your modding experience? I see you can work with collides, maybe you can help me with some fairing colliders im having trouble with? I could consider looking at your idea as well. THat would definately come in handy when doing large scale stuff like the ISS. 

Pretty good with getting stuff in and out of Unity and into game. I can't take on any other projects at the moment. Backed up as it is. I could certainly look at your problem however. 

I have some more high resolution decals and agency logos that are difficult to come by, and should already be the correct aspect ratio. I'll try to send them your way if you like. 

Edited by curtquarquesso

13 hours ago, curtquarquesso said:

Pretty good with getting stuff in and out of Unity and into game. I can't take on any other projects at the moment. Backed up as it is. I could certainly look at your problem however. 

I have some more high resolution decals and agency logos that are difficult to come by, and should already be the correct aspect ratio. I'll try to send them your way if you like. 

ok sounds great!  just send me a PM

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 8 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.