Is this where "Mun or Bust" comes from?

I was looking for books to read to my son at bedtime when I blew the dust off of an old one at the back of his shelf. It was "The Berenstain Bears - On the Moon".  Half way through the book I read the lines:

Will they get to the moon?

They will! They Must!

Their slogan is

TO THE MOON OR BUST! (it's actually caps in the book, that wasn't for  dramatic effect)

Also, they painted the slogan on their rocket in the illustrations, just like in KSP. Like the original tinfoil kerbals, is this another piece of childhood put into ksp?

1 minute ago, TheTsar52 said:

The phrase "Or bust" Means to die trying. It popped up during the gold rush. California or bust, Pikes Peak or bust, things like that.

I know that (well I didn't know the gold rush thing specifically but I knew it was a saying outside of the game), but there are still a lot of parallels between this specific example and KSP

Kurtjmac had a Let's Play series that started early in the games development, attracting many supporters. He's commonly known for his "Far Lands or Bust" Minecraft series. He's even listed in the credits!

11 hours ago, MrDave said:

Kurtjmac had a Let's Play series that started early in the games development, attracting many supporters. He's commonly known for his "Far Lands or Bust" Minecraft series. He's even listed in the credits!

Whose credits?

21 hours ago, MrDave said:

Huh, well then that seems to be a pretty uncanny coincidence.  What is he listed for in the credits? I don't have the time to check atm.  

Edited by Default

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.