[1.1.3] Large Boat Parts Pack

Laythe2

10 hours ago, Polyus 17F19DM said:

What cockpit are you using for your naval fighter?

The cockpit is from AoA Technologies - Aviation Parts

1 hour ago, AlbertKermin said:

Is anyone else having an interesting bug where the ships made with this mod reliably disintegrate upon reloading?

I don't have any bugs with it besides the stock ksp bugs that i know of.

3 hours ago, samuel9900 said:

So far I built 2 ships, but I don't really know how to build nice looking superstructures

there are dedicated parts in the pack for the superstructure end and start points, this will make the structure look a lot nicer. also, the small superstructure does not have this so i use tweak scale to re-size the large parts to fit.

6 hours ago, Combatsmithen said:

One complaint i have is the parts are TOO tough! I hit my small corvette with 12 HARM missiles and they didn't do anything to the ship.

I'm looking into balance soon. For right now to kill a ship you gotta kill its weaker parts. like the bridges.

1 hour ago, XOC2008 said:

Loving what this pack has to offer. Keep it up!

I'm glad you are happy!

29 minutes ago, Kerbal Kobain said:

@XOC2008 how did you launch that boat? When I did my tri hull ship launch it is back heavy, did you have that same problem too?

I use vesselmover by Bahamuto D. I noticed the rear of the trimaran hull ships being more low in the water then the bow. I will look into this soon.

53 minutes ago, Kerbal Kobain said:

@XOC2008 how did you launch that boat? When I did my tri hull ship launch it is back heavy, did you have that same problem too?

I used Vesselmover. Didn't have any issues launching at all, though using the longer VLS' clipped into the hull found missiles disintegrating when hitting the water, which is no fault of either mod.

As a side note, we need a trimaran end piece that has an opening bay to launch smaller boats! :D

Edited by XOC2008

25 minutes ago, Fecb301 said:

How i make to steering?

14 minutes ago, Combatsmithen said:

Im having the same problem. the gimbal isnt working with yaw. but works amazingly with pitch

I surface attached a couple ailerons to a pair of the engines that come with the pack, and then added some of the big RCS nozzles at the front to help with steering. (From LLL)

17 hours ago, Fecb301 said:

How i make to steering?

17 hours ago, Combatsmithen said:

Im having the same problem. the gimbal isnt working with yaw. but works amazingly with pitch

Make sure your command module is facing the right way.

3 hours ago, TMasterson5 said:

I am just noticing that you used Master Tech Weapons parts in your pictures. Thanks for the free advertisement man!

Yup. Its a nice pack. I didn't want to show off the ships not completed.

7 minutes ago, Combatsmithen said:

Yep these parts defiantly need a nerf. They are WAYYYYYYY too tough. Surviving multiple hits from cruise missiles

The ship you shot at is dead though. Maybe ill nerf the smaller parts. But remember, i first made this mod pack for battleship parts. It wasn't fun having your ship be destroyed with one large bullet......

Also I'm working on a bridge. I found some solutions to my errors.

Edited by Laythe2

17 minutes ago, Laythe2 said:

The ship you shot at is dead though. Maybe ill nerf the smaller parts. But remember, i first made this mod pack for battleship parts. It wasn't fun having your ship be destroyed with one large bullet......

Also I'm working on a bridge. I found some solutions to my errors.

Are the bridges going to remain tweakscalable? I know the "modern superstructures" have to be scaled to about 77% to allow for walkways on the trimaran hull.