[1.1.3] Large Boat Parts Pack

Laythe2

30 minutes ago, Laythe2 said:

The ship you shot at is dead though. Maybe ill nerf the smaller parts. But remember, i first made this mod pack for battleship parts. It wasn't fun having your ship be destroyed with one large bullet......

Also I'm working on a bridge. I found some solutions to my errors.

yeah, you should balance the parts accordingly. Smaller parts can take less damage while larger parts can take more damage. Even on a large ship the parts shouldn't take 50 cruise missiles to kill. Maybe 10 max. On the small ships they should die in 2-3 cruise missiles

13 hours ago, Acea said:

How do you like WWII style warships? I saw you use NAS in one of your videos

What exactly do you mean? I Like WWII warships but I also like modern style warships as well. I haven't been showing off battleships a lot lately. I recently wiped my gamedata folder and only reinstalled the mods i mostly used. I was tired of crashing every other revert. I also wiped my crafts so i gotta rebuild all the stuff I had.

13 hours ago, TMasterson5 said:

Thank you sir! More to come in a few weeks with it. Some better looking radars and what not. 

Nice. Best of luck to you!

18 hours ago, Combatsmithen said:

yeah, you should balance the parts accordingly. Smaller parts can take less damage while larger parts can take more damage. Even on a large ship the parts shouldn't take 50 cruise missiles to kill. Maybe 10 max. On the small ships they should die in 2-3 cruise missiles

Doing that is kinda difficult. Also I don't see "killing" as having the parts be erased. I see killing as rendering the ship useless. Just please be patient. Ill do something about the balance in an update or two. I gotta worry about this bridge in making.

5 hours ago, Cdodders said:

The VLS parts, how do i use them?

They are not needed. And I didn't want to release them because they had a couple of issues. One with mirror. There are 2 parts made for a VLS system. One is the side. One is the bottom. Just rotate the part till they fit correctly.

Here's an updated LCS trimaran using this pack, plus BDA, Malfunc's, MTW, PEW, NAS, sashan's PDC, and some SXT/LLL, with a KAS anchor. (Among others that I forget right now I'm sure.) Now we just need functional hangars and vehicle bays. ;) (I know it's asking a lot, I don't expect anything! This stuff is still awesome as is.)

So, i bombed the ship with a nuke, nothing happened. The parts are so OP that they can literally withstand a nuke :cool:. Have you thought about adding some hp kind o stuff? I thought heatshield's ablator would solve the problem.

9 hours ago, dead said:

So, i bombed the ship with a nuke, nothing happened. The parts are so OP that they can literally withstand a nuke :cool:. Have you thought about adding some hp kind o stuff? I thought heatshield's ablator would solve the problem.

I've floated ( :D ) a few ideas past @Azimech and @BT Industries about damage. Ablator was one. Kerbal Krash System, along with a modlet to convert BDA thermal damage back to physical, was another.

On 3/11/2016 at 11:30 AM, dead said:

Nukes are kinda iffy. You could throw one at the KSC and only half the buildings would get destroyed. I'm not saying my parts are not OP. But with parts so large its not fun to have one piece destroyed by one missile and the entire ship rendered useless. Take a look at the USS Stark incident. If you hate the parts being so resistant then tone the energy transfer down and crash tolerance down in the configs. Remember. This pack was made for battleships at first. It wasn't fun having your full size battleship being taken out by one shell.

I think having the main ship hull pieces being a bit stronger makes things more fun. Plus if you're attacking the ship and render the weapons systems useless by taking out the AI or the BDA weapon manager, then it's dead in the water like most ships would be in real life if you made their weapons useless. So.. yeah. Beating a ship doesn't mean erasing it from existence.

Hi, I still can't find out how use VLS tubes in your pack, even don't know where(and how) place them, when I put it just on top of ship and put VLS inside, rockets from it won t launch....any suggestions or photos/tutorial? :D

nFNV4zk.jpg

Ok, let's say it...I know how place it...one to bottom and others on sides, but still in the middle must be VLS tubes, there can't be deck, yeah? I want to know if tubes can be inside deck.. :) I have working VLS 4x4 now, but is there way how make small hole only for 1 tube or 4x1 tube?

Like on the picture, both tubes works, the bigger too. But how do 4x1 or just 1 tube somewhere at ship? 

Edited by Toonu

4 hours ago, Toonu said:

Hi, I still can't find out how use VLS tubes in your pack, even don't know where(and how) place them, when I put it just on top of ship and put VLS inside, rockets from it won t launch....any suggestions or photos/tutorial? :D

nFNV4zk.jpg

Ok, let's say it...I know how place it...one to bottom and others on sides, but still in the middle must be VLS tubes, there can't be deck, yeah? I want to know if tubes can be inside deck.. :) I have working VLS 4x4 now, but is there way how make small hole only for 1 tube or 4x1 tube?

Like on the picture, both tubes works, the bigger too. But how do 4x1 or just 1 tube somewhere at ship? 

I got rid of the VLS hulls in a recent update. You can just offset those tubes into the hull and they should work fine as long as part clipping is enabled.

Edited by Laythe2
fix

13 hours ago, Laythe2 said:

I got rid of the VLS hulls in a recent update. You can just offset those tubes into the hull and they should work fine as long as part clipping is enabled.

Don't understand, because when I put VLS just into one of hulls, with part clipping on. Rockets won't launch by action group for launch missile, it launch only with right click and fire missile button directly at the missile, and that's bit...bad. Only option which worked for me was VLS hull with hole in it, but it won't work in trimaran hull because it's shape is weird...etc..etc...

This didn't work, only with r click and fire, not the weapon manager.

u2slPSE.png

PFKxAZP.jpg

Edited by Toonu

16 hours ago, Reaper_Works said:

Please make a trimaran stern.

The hull could also work as a stern?

3 hours ago, Toonu said:

Don't understand, because when I put VLS just into one of hulls, with part clipping on. Rockets won't launch by action group for launch missile, it launch only with right click and fire missile button directly at the missile, and that's bit...bad. Only option which worked for me was VLS hull with hole in it, but it won't work in trimaran hull because it's shape is weird...etc..etc...

This didn't work, only with r click and fire, not the weapon manager.

u2slPSE.png

PFKxAZP.jpg

Well they work fine for me.. This issue may not be for me to fix but for the other mod maker. Also try using using ripple.

These parts are fantastic! Thank you for putting this together. I had been holding off building a large boat due to part count issues. But thanks to you I am able to run my 200 part Comanche alongside a 112 part ship at over 30 FPS!

I have one request though. Can you Setup the models to use the FireSpitter Splash effects? Like the floats from either FS or SXT? I'm reluctant to tinker with it myself as I don't want to listen to the endless splash sounds..... But just the visuals would be quite welcome.screenshot3_zpszycwdkg1.png~original

17 hours ago, Laythe2 said:

Well they work fine for me.. This issue may not be for me to fix but for the other mod maker. Also try using using ripple.

Can I ask you for some screenshots please? Maybe I do something wrong... 

Anyway thanks for responses! :D

Toonu

16 hours ago, V8jester said:

These parts are fantastic! Thank you for putting this together. I had been holding off building a large boat due to part count issues. But thanks to you I am able to run my 200 part Comanche alongside a 112 part ship at over 30 FPS!

I have one request though. Can you Setup the models to use the FireSpitter Splash effects? Like the floats from either FS or SXT? I'm reluctant to tinker with it myself as I don't want to listen to the endless splash sounds..... But just the visuals would be quite welcome.screenshot3_zpszycwdkg1.png~original

I will think about the splash effects. And I'm glad people are making use of my mod. I intended it to be less laggy. If you really go minimalist you could make a full destroyer in less then 90 parts.

8 hours ago, Toonu said:

Can I ask you for some screenshots please? Maybe I do something wrong... 

Anyway thanks for responses! :D

Toonu

Sure ill put in some screenshots coming next update (which will be soon). Submarines aren't implemented yet but i hope you like the Zumwalt.

4 hours ago, BlackHoleSun said:

I like the Carrier parts most!

I added some of Infinite Dices mods from load carrier pack so landing was safer.:cool: Along with many more.

Part counts way down now and I have flown 4 planes of the Carrier with little lag.

Nice. I'm not a big carrier person but I cant just think of myself. Eventually ill get to a carrier part dedicated update.

37 minutes ago, Laythe2 said:

Sure ill put in some screenshots coming next update (which will be soon). Submarines aren't implemented yet but i hope you like the Zumwalt.

Are you going to make the revers swept bow for the Zumwalt!?!?! Sweet!!!

I just today put the bug in Spanner's ear to make the main guns in his Boomsticks mod. Great minds think alike.

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 7:23 AM, XOC2008 said:

....Now we just need functional hangars and vehicle bays. ;) ....

I for one would also love to see this implemented. Garage bay doors, no other mod has them. Also the rear / side doors on the main hull with an open interior would be outstanding! Would just be an alternate model for a couple of the main hull sections with different collision meshes and animations I would presume.

But like @XOC2008 said, I love this mod just as it is as well. Still leaps and bounds beyond piecing them together with P-wings like my Comanche. That took me almost two weeks to get it right.

Edited by V8jester

46 minutes ago, Laythe2 said:

Looking forward to it! I need a destroyer to go with my LCS! :D