[1.1.3] Large Boat Parts Pack

Laythe2

17 minutes ago, Jackvony said:

Wow this mod is great. I was wondering if you could add some more structural parts for supers structures and maybe some crew cabins. Also a missile bay that opens for vertical launch. 

Generally crew cabins on warships are in the hull, so maybe hull parts can have a crew capacity.

MalFunc armoury mod has VLS tubes

The littoral combat ship

LCS program is a bold departure from traditional Navy shipbuilding programs based on its use of innovative acquisition, construction, manning, training and operational concepts. The LCS sustainment strategy was developed to take into account the unique design and manning of LCS and its associated mission modules. Elements of this strategy include reliance on off-ship support, a new paradigm of maintenance execution focused on scheduled preventive maintenance periods and off-ship performance of preventive and facilities maintenance, a crewing/deployment model which uses three rotating crews to operate two ships keeping one of the ships forward deployed, and reliance on shore based and virtual training.

The UH 60 and FireSpiter plugin are not working well but it looks KOOL...:cool:

46 minutes ago, Cdodders said:

Generally crew cabins on warships are in the hull, so maybe hull parts can have a crew capacity.

MalFunc armoury mod has VLS tubes

Yea I got Malfunc but I don't know how to put them in the hull. It always explodes the missile when I launch.

http://spacedock.info/mod/167/Large%20Boat%20Parts%20Pack

Version 3.0 is out! A lot of requests were covered. More parts were added!

For those of you that have issues with the ship not steering left or right like it should, Make sure crew is in the bridge. I recently had this issue and it got fixed when I put crew in the bridge.

1 hour ago, poof the unicorn said:

hey laythe i love this mod and i hope you keep it alive but i have a question. how do i prevent it from throwing my ship sky high when i try to launch another one? keep up the good work. 

-poof

Its a bug in stock ksp. Park the ship on land if you want to keep it from flinging a kilometer up in the air. Or just spawn a ship with vesselmover while the other ship is loaded.

1 hour ago, Jackvony said:

Yea I got Malfunc but I don't know how to put them in the hull. It always explodes the missile when I launch.

Do you guys put the missiles in the tubes AFTER you offset them into the hull? If so, try putting them in there before. I do it that way and it works fine for me.

AoabFon.jpg

4 minutes ago, Jackvony said:

Looks sweet! Your ships always look so good! Do you use tweakscale?

Yes i do.

9 minutes ago, Laythe2 said:

Do you guys put the missiles in the tubes AFTER you offset them into the hull? If so, try putting them in there before. I do it that way and it works fine for me.

AoabFon.jpg

Yes i do.

Thanks I'll try what you said with the missiles. Also might get tweakscale later because I want my ships to look like mean, lean, killing machines.

5 minutes ago, Jlam98 said:

I don't put them to the side like that.. I was trying to install them like they are configured in real life; embedded into the hull itself

I don't either. The vls tubes work fine with this mod. I was just showing how to make them work. You gotta put the missiles in the tubes BEFORE you offset them into the hull. Also be careful. Water can destroy the ordinance if you put the tubes too far down.

Edited by Laythe2
fix error

Attention Everyone

Sunday, March 20th, 2016 I will be moving to a new place. This place is a very rural area so I will probably have satellite internet. I'm not sure how that will go. Updates might be uploaded in longer intervals instead of weekly. I am not abandoning this mod.

Have a nice life there! Anyway, after update my VLS fire some missiles ok, and some still can't start from hull. I'm really sad it doesn't work always. It always fire with fire button, but firing all weapons throught action group is much better way to kill everyone! :D I'll edit post soon and put some screens into spoiler.

Spoiler

The VLSs with X didn't work, others do...The two which worked had bigger rocket(1 rocket) and are the bigger ones. But I finally find one important thing, ALL VLS worked after I uncheck clearance check. So it didn't check if it can fire somewhere or into wall and all worked! But there will be problems with bombs I think, if some bomb will drop before chceck if it can drop...

Pz2AxjR.jpg

Edited by Toonu

1 hour ago, Toonu said:

Have a nice life there! Anyway, after update my VLS fire some missiles ok, and some still can't start from hull. I'm really sad it doesn't work always. It always fire with fire button, but firing all weapons throught action group is much better way to kill everyone! :D I'll edit post soon and put some screens into spoiler.

Hide contents

The VLSs with X didn't work, others do...The two which worked had bigger rocket(1 rocket) and are the bigger ones. But I finally find one important thing, ALL VLS worked after I uncheck clearance check. So it didn't check if it can fire somewhere or into wall and all worked! But there will be problems with bombs I think, if some bomb will drop before chceck if it can drop...

Pz2AxjR.jpg

There is an issue with the smaller missiles getting turned upside down with mirroring. Id recommend talking about this with the maker of the mod.

Also, Thanks.

Edited by Laythe2

On 17/03/2016 at 10:01 PM, poof the unicorn said:

hey laythe i love this mod and i hope you keep it alive but i have a question. how do i prevent it from throwing my ship sky high when i try to launch another one? keep up the good work. 

-poof

As @Laythe2 said, it's a stock bug. Try Kerbal Joint Reinforcement, there's a chance its physics easing functionality will prevent part damage. I know it reduces the impact on vessels loaded in water to a bit of unsettled movement, instead of launched into the sky, and if KKS is installed, some light damage.

8 minutes ago, colmo said:

As @Laythe2 said, it's a stock bug. Try Kerbal Joint Reinforcement, there's a chance its physics easing functionality will prevent part damage. I know it reduces the impact on vessels loaded in water to a bit of unsettled movement, instead of launched into the sky, and if KKS is installed, some light damage.

I use KJR and I still get ship launches into the sky. Just have to carefully plan how to load things, and pray for the best outcome. 

Hey is anyone else having vessel spawning issues spawning multiple vessels? Or trying to use Vessel Mover? If I spawn a ship, place it in the water with vessel mover, then go back to the SPH to grab another boat. The first one will disappear. Or If I use vessel mover to spawn a second boat while still in the flight scene. That second boat will break the universe :) Basically the game hangs for a  few seconds then every planet will disappear, and you are looking at space. Would colliders have anything to do with this? I also noticed you cannot clip the VLS tubes into certain parts, but others really don't fight you at all. If you have two boat parts stacked on top of each other and the VLS tube can clip through both of them. You will most certainly blow yourself up when you hit fire. Still figuring those things out. I have yet to be able to have one completely flush with a surface and still work....

But I am having a blast building ships! I never knew what I was missing!

1 hour ago, V8jester said:

Hey is anyone else having vessel spawning issues spawning multiple vessels? Or trying to use Vessel Mover? If I spawn a ship, place it in the water with vessel mover, then go back to the SPH to grab another boat. The first one will disappear. Or If I use vessel mover to spawn a second boat while still in the flight scene. That second boat will break the universe :) Basically the game hangs for a  few seconds then every planet will disappear, and you are looking at space. Would colliders have anything to do with this? I also noticed you cannot clip the VLS tubes into certain parts, but others really don't fight you at all. If you have two boat parts stacked on top of each other and the VLS tube can clip through both of them. You will most certainly blow yourself up when you hit fire. Still figuring those things out. I have yet to be able to have one completely flush with a surface and still work....

Ive never seen that error. Maybe its a memory issue? Also if you spawn ships on the water the ship might get damaged. Also what parts are having trouble with the vls tubes? My tubes are sticking out of the hull just a slight bit so the game cant think the hull is above it.

Edited by Laythe2

Just gotta say that I'm really liking this part pack and just how simple it is to use! 

-

Just a suggestion. Maybe when you have the time, you could make a series of hulls that taper inwards towards the waterline, rather than being flat. What I mean is something like the hull on modern stealth ships, like the Iver-Huitfeld class:

thumb_600x1000_3fb5ed13af_1416970714.jpg

Also, maybe have some bow that has a subtle curve in the keel, like most modern stealth warships. Like the Admiral-Gorshkov class (notice the downwards bending keel starting at the bow). 

f_c2F2ZXBpYy5vcmcvMjY2Mjc3Mi5qcGc.jpeg 

And finally, having some parts to make stacks/funnels, like the ones on the Iver Huitfeld (note the side funnels/stacks)...

638px-Iver_Huitfeldt-klassen.jpg

... or the Halifax Class (notice the large flat funnel in the middle, with the red maple leaf)

toronto.jpg

These are just some ideas for future parts, and having parts like those would be like extra icing on an already delicious cake! Keep up the awesome work! 

Edited by AirShark

11 hours ago, V8jester said:

do not spawn a ship in the water then exit to fetch another one, reason: