[1.1.3] Large Boat Parts Pack

Laythe2

6 minutes ago, V8jester said:

Well it's really fantastic! I've been obsessed with building boats and subs the last couple of weeks :)

I finished a typhoon with the new sub parts and they look amazing! Do you have any plans for American sub parts? Just round tubes maybe a bump for the missile silos along its back.

Actually due to a previous mistake I made (I rotated the round sub parts 90 degrees and the Z axis wasn't facing down) I released the wide parts instead. Otherwise you would be messing with American style sub parts right now.

And yes i do have plans for making american parts.

Edited by Laythe2

2 minutes ago, Laythe2 said:

Actually due to a previous mistake I made (I rotated the round sub parts 90 degrees and the Z axis wasn't facing down) I released the wide parts instead. Otherwise you would be messing with American style sub parts right now.

And yes i do have plans for making american parts.

Very cool. I figureed you did the Russian parts first because they had more charicter. Well right on man. Just make sure you pace yourself, it can be easy to get burned out when everybody asks for more. And no one stops to say thanks for what you have already given to us. So thank you my friend!! We really appreciate these parts!

2 minutes ago, V8jester said:

Very cool. I figureed you did the Russian parts first because they had more charicter. Well right on man. Just make sure you pace yourself, it can be easy to get burned out when everybody asks for more. And no one stops to say thanks for what you have already given to us. So thank you my friend!! We really appreciate these parts!

I don't really pay much attention to people saying thanks.or not. it doesn't bother me. As long as my mod functions almost right i'm happy.

Also, your welcome!

Edited by Laythe2

On 3/3/2016 at 7:07 PM, DuoDex said:

Nice! I would request improved textures maybe if possible? Though I like the flat dynamic as well - looks good from a distance.

really like the flat dynamic. Reminds me of ticonderoga cruisers.

Hi! I have a few comments/questions on this mod

1.) Ships blowing up on load is normal and will be fixed in 1.1 (KSP), yes?

2.) As another user has said, carrier parts are a little bit big. 600m is about twice the largest carrier on earth. Also, they are super light. A USA carrier is 100,000 tons. Instead of 2700 tons a piece of carrier, it should be around 30-40 thousand

3.) Surface attaching is hard. It is hard to build bridges, for example. Parts are placed at a weird orientation.                                      

29 minutes ago, Matuchkin said:

Are the engines electric, or fuel powered? If so, how efficient are they?

Engines are currently liquidfuel powered. Though the submarine engines are going to be electric powered. I never tested to see how far they go but they are efficient.

1 hour ago, GiantTank said:

Hi! I have a few comments/questions on this mod

1.) Ships blowing up on load is normal and will be fixed in 1.1 (KSP), yes?

2.) As another user has said, carrier parts are a little bit big. 600m is about twice the largest carrier on earth. Also, they are super light. A USA carrier is 100,000 tons. Instead of 2700 tons a piece of carrier, it should be around 30-40 thousand

3.) Surface attaching is hard. It is hard to build bridges, for example. Parts are placed at a weird orientation.                                      

There is no launching system so the parts are used a a runway. I didn't really base the parts off the nimitz. As for the reload bug, yes. that is what i have heard. Ill just add the water resource to weigh the carrier parts down. And im not sure of the button names but there are 2 modes to surface attaching. Make sure its the right one.

14 hours ago, ckirky said:

slight prob with the sub craft, i loaded it in and use vessel mover to place it into the water, then the rear 2 hull segments blew up. any help?

Remove any procedural parts. Those cause issues.

11 hours ago, ckirky said:

would this mod help us?

What do you mean?

6 hours ago, Penkover said:

1. THIS IS EPIC !

2. Wont be bad if the texture wll be toogleable between current and old - good when team battles :cool:

3. I think this carrier is too big (600m) real us carriers have max 337.

No lauch systems in the mod currently. The parts arent based off the nimitz. They are just one big floating runway.

Edited by Laythe2

36 minutes ago, Laythe2 said:

The mod still seems to work in version 1.1

This puts a lot less stress on me. I'm going to try out more craft and explore the underwater world (it has new shaders!)

bFxbTmq.jpg

Here is an underwater shot:

jIkllYH.jpg

9 minutes ago, Dawnbandit said:

I've made the ships but I can't for the life of me get them to steer. I even modded an SAS module to 10,000 torque and it still won't turn. Any tips? I've always been frustrated because of this.

Are you using an unmanned pod? Ive seen errors with unmanned pods.

I have an idea with the future of this mod. I am thinking I should split the mod into 2 halves. One being for WW2 style ship parts and the other for more modern style ship parts (cold war era and up). The halves will be in the same download.

I thought about doing this because of size differences in the eras of ships and the shapes of the hulls. A modern destroyer is not the same size as a WW2 destroyer and a WW2 destroyer is less wide than a modern destroyer.

The parts will function the same but will look different. The paint jobs will be different. The size of the parts will be scaled to the size of their real life counterparts.

Both halves will be usable along side to each other.

If you only like to build battleships or stuff from that era or you only like to build modern stuff then you don't have to even look at the opposite parts.

mod update on spacedock mentioned 1.1

WHERE IS 1.1?

I NEED 1.1!

8 hours ago, Laythe2 said:

I have an idea with the future of this mod. I am thinking I should split the mod into 2 halves. One being for WW2 style ship parts and the other for more modern style ship parts (cold war era and up). The halves will be in the same download.

I thought about doing this because of size differences in the eras of ships and the shapes of the hulls. A modern destroyer is not the same size as a WW2 destroyer and a WW2 destroyer is less wide than a modern destroyer.

The parts will function the same but will look different. The paint jobs will be different. The size of the parts will be scaled to the size of their real life counterparts.

Both halves will be usable along side to each other.

If you only like to build battleships or stuff from that era or you only like to build modern stuff then you don't have to even look at the opposite parts.

could you just add the texture changer right-click menu like in firespitter?

6 hours ago, ckirky said:

mod update on spacedock mentioned 1.1

WHERE IS 1.1?

I NEED 1.1!

could you just add the texture changer right-click menu like in firespitter?

The 3.1 build works fine (from what i know) in 1.1. Just reuse it in 1.1

I'm still going to make different parts. The shapes will be different.

Also you can get 1.1 prerelease of you have steam.

Edited by Laythe2

On 3/31/2016 at 3:56 PM, Laythe2 said:

The 3.1 build works fine (from what i know) in 1.1. Just reuse it in 1.1

I'm still going to make different parts. The shapes will be different.

Also you can get 1.1 prerelease of you have steam.

pls explain?

i think i may just be being stupid (as usual)

nope, found it

On 3/29/2016 at 0:47 AM, Laythe2 said:

Engines are currently liquid fuel powered. Though the submarine engines are going to be electric powered. I never tested to see how far they go but they are efficient.

There is no launching system so the parts are used a a runway. I didn't really base the parts off the nimitz. As for the reload bug, yes. that is what i have heard. Ill just add the water resource to weigh the carrier parts down. And im not sure of the button names but there are 2 modes to surface attaching. Make sure its the right one.

Remove any procedural parts. Those cause issues.

What do you mean?

No lauch systems in the mod currently. The parts arent based off the nimitz. They are just one big floating runway.

errr config, "water collision = false" maybe?

Edited by ckirky

8 hours ago, Warp_8 said:

What mod(s) add that boxy tan-ish turret and the "WWII Ring Antenna"?

WW2 Antennas are from NAS BDA submod and boxy tanish turret? You mean Millenium Oerlikon?

Nooo, Ring anntena is different mod, but anntenas from WWII is from NAS....I'll try remmber :D.

Edited by Toonu