[1.1.3] Large Boat Parts Pack

Laythe2

New update is coming soon

On 4/3/2016 at 2:46 AM, Toonu said:

WW2 Antennas are from NAS BDA submod and boxy tanish turret? You mean Millenium Oerlikon?

Nooo, Ring anntena is different mod, but anntenas from WWII is from NAS....I'll try remmber :D.

I think its from a BDA WW2 fighter plane mod. I cant remember.

I'm glad for the update, but did it really need to be structured in a way that breaks all currents crafts? It also seems to be missing parts from the previous version? The large modern ship parts I believe.

Edited by cavilier210
Add more information.

1 hour ago, cavilier210 said:

I'm glad for the update, but did it really need to be structured in a way that breaks all currents crafts? It also seems to be missing parts from the previous version? The large modern ship parts I believe.

The large parts were made for battleships. Better parts have been released for battleships. And yes it had to be. The parts took on different modeling and dimensions changed. The parts would have been broken even if i kept their old name. Also it helped me get things organized.

Edited by Laythe2

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 2:46 AM, Toonu said:

WW2 Antennas are from NAS BDA submod and boxy tanish turret? You mean Millenium Oerlikon?

Nooo, Ring anntena is different mod, but anntenas from WWII is from NAS....I'll try remmber :D.

I found out the turret is from master tech, but the antenna is still a mystery...

7 hours ago, Laythe2 said:

New update is coming soon

I think its from a BDA WW2 fighter plane mod. I cant remember.

Aviator Arsenal?

22 hours ago, Laythe2 said:

The large parts were made for battleships. Better parts have been released for battleships. And yes it had to be. The parts took on different modeling and dimensions changed. The parts would have been broken even if i kept their old name. Also it helped me get things organized.

Oh, alrighty. If you have the time, could you add in a stern that has that nice curve that the "Ship Stern" part had? It was sexy and none of the current parts appear to have that shape. I just added in the old parts that I was using so that my ship didn't stay broken.

A few update suggestions:

• A tailhook, arresting wire, and catapult system for carriers? Unless 600 meters is enough to land a jet on.
  • Fuel/electric charge in sub parts(whichever the engines use)
  • Thrust reversers on  the water jets?
  • Carrier decks that get stuck on top of battleship hulls, like when carrier parts were first introduced

Just  a few things that would be nice.

14 hours ago, callumrooney98 said:

my favorite thing about this mod is when the ships blow the f@ck up on launch.

It would be nice of you to provide details on what is happening instead of being a tad bit mean about it because not everyone has this issue. So. Are indestructible buildings on at launch? The parts are heavy enough to break the runway on launch.

1 minute ago, Warp_8 said:

• A tailhook, arresting wire, and catapult system for carriers? Unless 600 meters is enough to land a jet on.
  • Carrier decks that get stuck on top of battleship hulls, like when carrier parts were first introduced

I actually forgot to change the cut waterjet to use electric charge. I was exited to release my update i forgot to do a few things. I'm sorry for this.

600 meters should be enough. But maybe some sort of arrestor will be here in the future.

Sure ill add thrust reverse soon.

I am not done with my WW2 section. More parts will be added.

Edited by Laythe2

7 minutes ago, Warp_8 said:

1.600 meters is enough if: you have a small craft, edit the brake torque and us BD adjustable landing gear. (for starters)

2. can't you use the Electric generators or fuel cells provided in stock?

3. thrust reversers are a good idea and @Laythe2 has said that they are planned

4. just why?

11 minutes ago, ckirky said:

1.600 meters is enough if: you have a small craft, edit the brake torque and us BD adjustable landing gear. (for starters)

2. can't you use the Electric generators or fuel cells provided in stock?

3. thrust reversers are a good idea and @Laythe2 has said that they are planned

4. just why?

well ive landed sucessfully on the carrier before

maybe

What do you mean, Just why?

why do you want clip on parts if you have dedicated parts?!?!?!?!

landed on carrier is an achievement, all i've done is gotten the gears caught on the lip at the back and exploded

they have about the same level of reward.....

Edited by ckirky

the problem i have is that i use firespitters mod to transport the ship to the water, it loads then explodes every time for reasons unknown.

ps the submarines tail need fixing as it flops around.

pss sorry for coming across meanfully as i was frustrated with the mod not working.  

19 minutes ago, callumrooney98 said:

the problem i have is that i use firespitters mod to transport the ship to the water, it loads then explodes every time for reasons unknown.

pss sorry for coming across meanfully as i was frustrated with the mod not working.  

Use hanger extender to move the boat to the side of the hanger. When you launch, it will actually spawn in the grass an not explode the runway. Then I suggest using BD's Vessel Mover to then move the boat to the water. Tends to work much better. The tail flopping is a weird node bug I have seen on other parts. Just build the sub again and it should go away. Just don't move the main sections of the sub once there nodes are attached to each other and you have saved the craft.

1 hour ago, callumrooney98 said:

submarine tail problem, Join my club!!!

to @Laythe2 why does the tail flop around, say if you haven't seen it happen and i will make a vid (if 1.1 stops crashing)

for the crashing on spawn, attach launch clamps, it works

Edited by ckirky

Hello fellow shipmates and pilots,

1st. off will the new update work with 1.0.5?

As to the stopping issue on carrier deck here is my work around.

InfiniteDice Did a carrier back in 23.5,  I imported them in the ship parts for docking and stopping planes at works well.

Note use a max landing speed of 80 km or less.

Link to parts zip file.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8ho4ejeXlkhdjhJeUJrLTdXblE/view?usp=sharing

17 minutes ago, BlackHoleSun said:

Hello fellow shipmates and pilots,

1st. off will the new update work with 1.0.5?

As to the stopping issue on carrier deck here is my work around.

InfiniteDice Did a carrier back in 23.5,  I imported them in the ship parts for docking and stopping planes at works well.

Note use a max landing speed of 80 km or less.

Link to parts zip file.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8ho4ejeXlkhdjhJeUJrLTdXblE/view?usp=sharing

so you just import the stated part into the Mod folder with nothing else? i need to try that

side note: your F 16 texture works? mine bugs out on the f111, f 16 and f18 to give a plain grey mesh

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 1:17 PM, callumrooney98 said:

Firespitter's thing doesn't work, I've tried it on stock craft before.

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 9:57 AM, ckirky said:

why do you want clip on parts if you have dedicated parts?!?!?!?!

landed on carrier is an achievement, all i've done is gotten the gears caught on the lip at the back and exploded

they have about the same level of reward.....

WWII style aircraft carriers, that's why.

10 hours ago, Warp_8 said:

Firespitter's thing doesn't work, I've tried it on stock craft before.

WWII style aircraft carriers, that's why.

oh, right, i can see that now

Hi, I was working on this freighter and went to test it's cranes, and flotation, and ran into this problem where the aft end sinks. I removed some fuel from the sterns part, removed the ore I forgot was in that boiler room piece, and even added a full orange tank to the bow. yet here it sits, all tipped and stuff. I'm not sure if it's an issue with the mod or not, but I wanted to point it out. They're the medium modern ship parts at 50% scale.

Would anyone have any advice on how to rectify the problem?

http://imgur.com/a/i0gl3

Edited by cavilier210

3 hours ago, cavilier210 said:

Hi, I was working on this freighter and went to test it's cranes, and flotation, and ran into this problem where the aft end sinks. I removed some fuel from the sterns part, removed the ore I forgot was in that boiler room piece, and even added a full orange tank to the bow. yet here it sits, all tipped and stuff. I'm not sure if it's an issue with the mod or not, but I wanted to point it out. They're the medium modern ship parts at 50% scale.

Would anyone have any advice on how to rectify the problem?

http://imgur.com/a/i0gl3

check the COW/COM (center of weight/ center of mass) to see if it is to far back. The aft cabin is another mod so may be too heavy. first idea from me if it was my problem would be uninstall and reinstall the mod

5 hours ago, ckirky said:

check the COW/COM (center of weight/ center of mass) to see if it is to far back. The aft cabin is another mod so may be too heavy. first idea from me if it was my problem would be uninstall and reinstall the mod

Well, I reinstalled the mod, checked the weights of the cabin parts, and checked the CoM. I got it forward of the center of the ship, but the bow still pops out of the water. Even if I take off all parts behind the bow hull piece, the CoM is well back. I think it's an issue with the modern medium bows mass distribution. It just floats weird.

Edited by cavilier210

28 minutes ago, cavilier210 said:

Well, I reinstalled the mod, checked the weights of the cabin parts, and checked the CoM. I got it forward of the center of the ship, but the bow still pops out of the water. Even if I take off all parts behind the bow hull piece, the CoM is well back. I think it's an issue with the modern medium bows mass distribution. It just floats weird.

What are the parts clipped in the sides of the main hull? and are there any parts clipped in we can't see in the pics? On my carrier, I actually surface attached and offset additional hull segments under the main hull to provide additional floatation, Just a thought.

Just a note, I tried the new parts pack with 1.0.5 all seemed well until I tried tweek scale and to land aircraft using the parts from IDs old pack. Teak scale not working well at all Landed hooked then took the Carrier airborn at 100KMs. ?... I'm a pit liquided that KSP is not at web site store. For God sakes I was and very early member that paid for the game and help Squad pay the coders.